Sign in to follow this  
bud

best political ad... ever?

update: looks like they disabled linking. here is another one. Edited by bud

why?

1) the man is smoking!

2) the song, 'i am america'

3) cain's patient break into a smile, showing his beautiful set of teeth

i find all of this to be fascinating because it's being put out as something that is supposed to be taken seriously.

Guest American Woman

Not everyone agrees that the ad is "the best ever."

Since the ad hit the airwaves Sunday, criticism from even Republicans has intensified.

The Associated Press quotes GOP consultant Nick De Leeuw skewering the commercial as "appalling."

Republican consultant Mike Murphy tweeted Sunday night that Hoekstra's ad was "really, really dumb."

Steve Frye, the online editor of the Oakland Press, came to a more dramatic conclusion, tweeting Monday morning, "Sen. Debbie Stabenow, let me be among the first to congratulate you on your reelection."

I can't say that I'm impressed with it.

I can't say I'm that impressed with it either. It's too bad, because there's more than enough material from Debbie Stabenow to make a great commercial. I'd start with this...

Hey Debbie, do you know where Jon put the $1.2 billion dollars he can't find! :)

Not everyone agrees that the ad is "the best ever."

and "best ever" doesn't necessarily equate to good/right/accurate

big time controversy

Not really.

You gotta know that if Carl Rove is going bat-shyte crazy over it, you betcha!

And it's Karl Rove. Define going crazy. You mean writing something about it? :rolleyes:

Edited by Shady

big time controversy swelling in the politico ranks over this Super Bowl ad... is this a pro-Obama ad? You gotta know that if Carl Rove is going bat-shyte crazy over it, you betcha!

It is only pro Obama because we know Mitt Romney wanted to let American car manufacturing die. There is nothing wrong with the car makers who said if they got a bail out they would succeed pointing out that they did what they said. Republicans are just mad because they know they were wrong.

It is only pro Obama because we know Mitt Romney wanted to let American car manufacturing die. There is nothing wrong with the car makers who said if they got a bail out they would succeed pointing out that they did what they said. Republicans are just mad because they know they were wrong.

absolutely!... whether Shady-spellchecker will admit it or not.

Edited by waldo

It is only pro Obama because we know Mitt Romney wanted to let American car manufacturing die.

Complete nonsense. I suggest you re-read Romney's position of a structured settlement that would have left GM and Chrysler in much better shape than they even are today.

Anyways, if you wanna truely give credit, it'd be to George W Bush, who extended the first auto bailouts. :)

It's good to know you guys are such fans of his!

I can't say I'm that impressed with it either. It's too bad, because there's more than enough material from Debbie Stabenow to make a great commercial. I'd start with this...

Hey Debbie, do you know where Jon put the $1.2 billion dollars he can't find! :)

Their new motto

Get F'd by those MF'ers at MF Global (ok stolen from Celente)

Anyways, if you wanna truely give credit, it'd be to George W Bush, who extended the first auto bailouts. :)

c'mon Shady... ya gots to rein him in! :lol:

KKKarl Rove:

- "I was, frankly, offended by it"

- "the sign of what happens when you have Chicago-style politics, and the president of the United States and his political minions are, in essence, using our tax dollars to buy corporate advertising and the best-wishes of the management which is benefited by getting a bunch of our money that they’ll never pay back"

- "The auto companies feel the need to do something to repay their political patrons"

Complete nonsense. I suggest you re-read Romney's position of a structured settlement that would have left GM and Chrysler in much better shape than they even are today.

Good luck with that argument Shady. The article Mitt Romney wrote is titled and I quote "Let Detroit Go Bankrupt" have fun defending that. Again Obama saved hundreds of thousands of Jobs while Mitt wanted to give up the fight and concede the best days for American Auto makers were behind us.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/19/opinion/19romney.html

Edited by punked