89 replies to this topic

#1 MiddleClassCentrist

MiddleClassCentrist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts
  • Interests:Robotics, Gaming (RTS, TBS, RPG), Wood Working, Camping, Cycling

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:32 PM

Edited by MiddleClassCentrist, 10 February 2012 - 05:32 PM.

Ideology does not make good policy. Good policy comes from an analysis of options, comparison of options and selection of one option that works best in the current situation. This option is often a compromise between ideologies.

#2 WWWTT

WWWTT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,549 posts
  • Interests:Building homes,learning Mandarin Chinese

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:50 PM

Man that clip is freekin hallarious!

Much like a raving lunatic rambling downtown blaming the European economic crisis on some passing pigeons pecking away at some bread crumbs.

Just freekin hallarious!

WWWTT

Maple Leaf Web is worth less than $2,500 US! Just remember that when you get into a heated debate with someone on this site.

#3 -TSS-

-TSS-

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts
  • Interests:Politics all over the world.

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:59 PM

I don't know exactly which state we are talking about but somehow I don't think there is a strong Asian vote involved in that state.

I agree, that clip was hilarious but also a sad reflection of the American politics.

#4 bush_cheney2004

bush_cheney2004

Senior Mocker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,626 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:08 PM

I don't know exactly which state we are talking about but somehow I don't think there is a strong Asian vote involved in that state.

The state is Michigan (2.5% "Asian"), but that is not the purpose of the ad.

I agree, that clip was hilarious but also a sad reflection of the American politics.

The ad is very effective. It is generating more publicity for challenger Hoekstra.

Economics trumps Virtue.

Where has all the warming gone...long time passing.

#5 Guest_American Woman_*

Guest_American Woman_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:25 PM

Yeah right, because I'm sure there are no "hilarious" ads by any candidates in any other nation, so of course it's a "sad reflection of the American politics" - it's not a reflection of the candidate - but of "American politics."

<_<

#6 bush_cheney2004

bush_cheney2004

Senior Mocker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,626 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:27 PM

Yeah right, because I'm sure there are no "hilarious" ads by any candidates in any other nation, so of course it's a "sad reflection of the American politics" - it's not a reflection of the candidate - but of "American politics."

<_<

Don't hurt 'em too bad AW....it's all they have to watch! ;)

Economics trumps Virtue.

#7 MiddleClassCentrist

MiddleClassCentrist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts
  • Interests:Robotics, Gaming (RTS, TBS, RPG), Wood Working, Camping, Cycling

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:37 PM

This is true. Who needs TV when we have a living comedy network to observe ;)

Ideology does not make good policy. Good policy comes from an analysis of options, comparison of options and selection of one option that works best in the current situation. This option is often a compromise between ideologies.

#8 Guest_American Woman_*

Guest_American Woman_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:38 PM

But... but... TSS is from Finland. And I'm still trying to figure out why, when he says he doesn't know what state is being talked about, he would presume to think it doesn't have a high Asian population. If one doesn't know what state we are talking about, how they presume to know anything about it? Makes no sense. Furthermore, "Asia" includes a lot more countries than just China.

Oh well, guess any ad any candidate comes up with "speaks for America." :rolleyes:

#9 Moonlight Graham

Moonlight Graham

Don't Feed The Trolls

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,975 posts
  • Interests:farting into the wind

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:59 PM

That ad is so hilariously horrible, it's just sooo perfect it's almost not real lol. It probably wouldn't have been so bad had the "actress" not been so awful.

#10 Shady

Shady

Truth Detector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,159 posts
  • Interests:Sports, politics, gaming, working out.

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:34 PM

<_<

Well said. This particular poster perfectly exemplifies the pseudo-superiority complex of a certain fringe of Canadians. I think it's a result of their immense insecurity. This is one of the ways they try to cope.

#11 Guest_American Woman_*

Guest_American Woman_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:34 PM

Too bad they didn't hire the actress from the same talent agency that Canadian politicians use.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzrV9ORMeZU

Nothing funny or hilariously horrible about that - just "a sad reflection on Canadian politics."

:D

#12 bush_cheney2004

bush_cheney2004

Senior Mocker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,626 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:10 PM

... If one doesn't know what state we are talking about, how they presume to know anything about it? Makes no sense. Furthermore, "Asia" includes a lot more countries than just China.

Finland or Canada...it doesn't matter. They are conditioned to see America and Americans in ways that reinforce their stereotypes.

Oh well, guess any ad any candidate comes up with "speaks for America." :rolleyes:

It's true...America is what they see in our media. Some still think that cowboys roam the Wild West.

Economics trumps Virtue.

#13 dre

dre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,607 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:12 PM

Finland or Canada...it doesn't matter. They are conditioned to see America and Americans in ways that reinforce their stereotypes.

:lol:

I question things because I am human. And call no one my father who's no closer that a stranger

#14 August1991

August1991

Voltaire's Bastard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,350 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:05 PM

If I were Romney, I would run the ad with subtitles.

China now owns US federal debt. Obama - with his stimulus package - has sold America to Asia.

What's the phrase? America is pwnd.

Edited by August1991, 10 February 2012 - 10:08 PM.

"In civilised society he stands at all times in need of the cooperation and assistance of great multitudes, while his whole life is scarce sufficient to gain the friendship of a few persons." Adam Smith, The Wealth of Nations, Book 1, Chapter 2

#15 dre

dre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,607 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:21 PM

If I were Romney, I would run the ad with subtitles.

China now owns US federal debt. Obama - with his stimulus package - has sold America to Asia.

What's the phrase? America is pwnd.

America was sold when Obama was still a small boy reading the Koran in Kenya :lol: Hes simply carried with business as usual as things have been done for 40 years. And its not just America thats in the bargain bin its most of the west.

I question things because I am human. And call no one my father who's no closer that a stranger

Reply to this topic