12.4 million ad campaign for Flahertys budget

36 replies to this topic

#16 Boges

Boges

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,963 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:37 PM

Yep and those corporations doing the layoffs got handsome tax cuts and didn't cut top ceo's bonuses salary etc!

Can you imagine what would have happened to the Canadian economy if the government started slashing like greedy corporations?

And now the conservatives continue their lack of concern for citizens hard working tax dollars.

Vote NDP!

WWWTT

So what do you suppose the Government do about the 50 billion deficit? Raise taxes?

Why do you keep saying "Vote NDP"? Is there an election I'm not aware of?

#17 WWWTT

WWWTT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,291 posts
  • Interests:Building homes,learning Mandarin Chinese

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:01 PM

So what do you suppose the Government do about the 50 billion deficit? Raise taxes?

Why do you keep saying "Vote NDP"? Is there an election I'm not aware of?

Did this government inherit a deficit?

And why is the solution always cutting back the public sector?What about cutting back the conservative initiatives?

Or does that look too much like an admision of screwing up?

For a strong Canada vote NDP!

WWWTT

#18 Boges

Boges

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,963 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:18 PM

Did this government inherit a deficit?

And why is the solution always cutting back the public sector?What about cutting back the conservative initiatives?

Or does that look too much like an admision of screwing up?

For a strong Canada vote NDP!

WWWTT

No actually in 2008 the CPC wanted to keep the budget balanced as long as it could but the 3 other parties wanted a budget with increased spending passed so the threatened to take power.

Now perhaps the opposition parties were right, but you can't blame the deficit on the CPC. They were a minority government.

#19 WWWTT

WWWTT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,291 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:28 PM

No actually in 2008 the CPC wanted to keep the budget balanced

Thats why they cut the GST,increased military spending,cut corporate taxes,brought in draconian minimum sentence laws that will increase spending exponentially.

Vote NDP!

WWWTT

#20 Boges

Boges

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,963 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:30 PM

Thats why they cut the GST,increased military spending,cut corporate taxes,brought in draconian minimum sentence laws that will increase spending exponentially.

Vote NDP!

WWWTT

Cutting the GST passed the minority parliament. The rest of those things were brought to the public in the 2011 campaign. What happened?

#21 August1991

August1991

Voltaire's Bastard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,259 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:44 PM

Tbe taxpayers are footing the bill for a $12.4-million government ad campaign with one common message: “creating jobs and growth.”

If it only costs $12 million to make people believe that we will have a better economic environment (jobs and growth), then I would say that's cheap.

If it only costs $12 million now to have smaller government spending in the future, then I would also say that's cheap.

----

Years ago, I wondered whether all official parties in Parliament should approve all State advertising. Nowadays, I reckon that governments abuse the power of the State - and that's life. IMHO, it seems more important to ensure that - to borrow Charest's metaphor - we can remove a government's hands from the steering wheel of the State.
"In civilised society he stands at all times in need of the cooperation and assistance of great multitudes, while his whole life is scarce sufficient to gain the friendship of a few persons." Adam Smith, The Wealth of Nations, Book 1, Chapter 2

#22 WWWTT

WWWTT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,291 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:45 PM

Cutting the GST passed the minority parliament. The rest of those things were brought to the public in the 2011 campaign. What happened?

Ya and Harper regrets having this feeble problem riddled majority.

The grass used to be a lot greener when the liberals were the oficial opposition never showing up for votes and Ignatieff for a push over punching bag.

Vote NDP

WWWTT

#23 UofGPolitico

UofGPolitico

• Members
  • Pip
  • 202 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:01 PM

Ya and Harper regrets having this feeble problem riddled majority.

The grass used to be a lot greener when the liberals were the oficial opposition never showing up for votes and Ignatieff for a push over punching bag.

Vote NDP

WWWTT

You are clearly an NDP partisan, so may I ask who you supported or will support in the leadership?

#24 Vendetta

Vendetta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:55 PM

You are clearly an NDP partisan, so may I ask who you supported or will support in the leadership?

wwwt I support your call to vote NDP!. We need to get these criminal election fraudists out of our governmet! Anyone who still votes CPC is a traitor!

#25 j44

j44

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:09 AM

wwwt I support your call to vote NDP!. We need to get these criminal election fraudists out of our governmet! Anyone who still votes CPC is a traitor!

A traitor to?

#26 August1991

August1991

Voltaire's Bastard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,259 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:53 AM

Vote NDP

WWWTT

And by such reasoning, leftists believe that Walmart is a successful business because of advertising.

IOW, with a large advertising budget, sophisticated focus group analysis and a popular slogan well-placed, Leftists (like Gosplan bureaucrats) believe that Walmart and other corporate managers can change people, and control the world.

Edited by August1991, 03 March 2012 - 01:59 AM.

"In civilised society he stands at all times in need of the cooperation and assistance of great multitudes, while his whole life is scarce sufficient to gain the friendship of a few persons." Adam Smith, The Wealth of Nations, Book 1, Chapter 2

#27 cybercoma

cybercoma

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,127 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:13 AM

And by such reasoning, leftists believe that Walmart is a successful business because of advertising.

IOW, with a large advertising budget, sophisticated focus group analysis and a popular slogan well-placed, Leftists (like Gosplan bureaucrats) believe that Walmart and other corporate managers can change people, and control the world.

If marketing doesn't work, then why budget for it?

Truth is it does change people's perceptions of things and influences people, as opposed to your snide and sarcastic quip "control the world."

http://www.snopes.co...rtists/bell.asp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myq8upzJDJc

And this video is him explaining the piece he played.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJahQRJ0Tq8

Edited by cybercoma, 03 March 2012 - 07:23 AM.

#28 WWWTT

WWWTT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,291 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:28 PM

Its funny that you are using the example of walmart?

Walmart are very anti union scabs?

The left never looks up to Walmart!And I make it a point to do very little shopping there!

WWWTT

#29 WWWTT

WWWTT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,291 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:31 PM

Check my comments on the NDP leadership thread!

WWWTT

#30 August1991

August1991

Voltaire's Bastard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,259 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:25 PM

If marketing doesn't work, then why budget for it?

If marketing works, then why did the Soviet Union fail?

The Soviets had the most extensive marketing/advertising/propaganda campaign ever executed. And yet, the Soviet Union failed.

----

Abraham Lincoln famously said that "You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all the people all the time."

Edited by August1991, 05 March 2012 - 10:31 PM.

Reply to this topic