Time for cabinet minister Christian Paradis to step down

31 replies to this topic

#31 madmax

madmax

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:33 AM

This is your wild fantasy... ...."preferential treatment" due to the fact that Paradis recommended them simply to hear what Jaffer proposed.

Gosh.. someone dealing with Jaffer gets in trouble.. who would think it....

Perhaps he felt sorry for Jaffer or perhaps he wanted the bureaucrats to take care of his Conservatives first.

We won't know.

:)

#32 YEGmann

YEGmann

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:04 PM

IF Paradis doesn't understand the rules of a MP, then he shouldn't BE sitting in the front row. My understanding of the rules that I heard yesterday, was the fact that Paradis was in the same lodge of the former owner, knowing full well that they wanted a new arena is a conflict of interest, even if nothing happen, which is hard to belive that they never talk about so says Paradis but his press secretary said he did, but nothing happened, so he is in conflict of interest.

Applying exactly your logics, only inversed, it is much more plausible that you are not sitting in the front row because you don't understand the rules of a MP.

Having a conflict of interest without having any interest - this is definitely a progressive step in Canadian "popular justice", I think. Didn't Consrvatives always say they wouldn't fund the Quebec arena?

Reply to this topic