F-35 Purchase

3900 replies to this topic

#2236 waldo

waldo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,028 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:15 PM

Where's your quote suggesting the French were involved?

try to keep up... involved in MIDS. You know MIDS? That's the reference I offered in regards to your "ta da Link 16"... the reference you presumed to call me out on. The one where I pressed you to actually cite/counter it... the one where you've silent. Is there a problem? :lol:

absolutely, most definitely, most assuredly: MLW - the dead board walking!

trolls claiming victimhood, censorship and harassment is gold, real gold!

#2237 Guest_Derek L_*

Guest_Derek L_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:17 PM

try to keep up... involved in MIDS. You know MIDS? That's the reference I offered in regards to your "ta da Link 16"... the reference you presumed to call me out on. The one where I pressed you to actually cite/counter it... the one where you've silent. Is there a problem? :lol:

Your reference to MIDS was stretch to no avail, garnered by your own ignorance.

#2238 waldo

waldo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,028 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:18 PM

Explain your incorrect reference to MIDS?

I'm quite content with what I said about MIDS... the onus is on you to counter it. You don't get to just label it as an "incorrect reference" - certainly not just on your say.

#2239 waldo

waldo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,028 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:18 PM

Your reference to MIDS was stretch to no avail, garnered by your own ignorance.

is there a translation for this in the house?

#2240 Guest_Derek L_*

Guest_Derek L_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:19 PM

I'm quite content with what I said about MIDS... the onus is on you to counter it. You don't get to just label it as an "incorrect reference" - certainly not just on your say.

MIDS is not a unique component for the JSF program………the very program we’ve been discussing no?

#2241 Guest_Derek L_*

Guest_Derek L_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:20 PM

is there a translation for this in the house?

You don't know what you're talking about? How's that?

#2242 waldo

waldo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,028 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:24 PM

MIDS is not a unique component for the JSF program………the very program we’ve been discussing no?

after all your blustering and dissing of the NATO Commander... because he's French... I find it quite fitting to highlight the two countries contributing the most money to fund MIDS (the international program that puts those small compact Link 16 data comm terminal thingees on multiple jet variants), were the U.S. and... the French... and that by international agreement, the deputy program manager MIDS is a French military officer :lol:

you're too easy, buddy... too easy!

like I said... you're too easy!

#2243 Guest_Derek L_*

Guest_Derek L_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:30 PM

like I said... you're too easy!

You reference a system used by fourth generation aircraft, amongst other land and sea systems, that will also be incorporated (along with Link 22) into the F-35.…….hardly a groundbreaking revelation……They’ll likely also have the ability to use much the same weapons and fuel stores…..Again, your point?

Also, how does this disprove the incorporation of the MADL into the F-35 (B-2 and Future UCAV) but not into older legacy airframes?

Do you have one wheel in the sand?

#2244 Guest_Derek L_*

Guest_Derek L_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:35 PM

And Explain your blind reference to the CTV story from last year, that is referring to MADL?

#2245 waldo

waldo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,028 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:35 PM

oh my! Finally... performance based contract awards... you knew it just had to be coming.

Lockheed's Next F-35 Contracts tied to Actual Real Performance... Delivered!

The next contracts for Lockheed Martin Corp. (LMT)’s F-35 jet, the U.S.’s costliest weapons program, will be tied more closely than previous ones to testing, assembly and software progress, the Pentagon’s program manager for the fighter said today.

Six of the 31 aircraft in the next round won’t be awarded until Lockheed Martin, the world’s biggest defense contractor, meets at least five criteria, including successful review this year of the latest software release, Vice Admiral David Venlet told the Senate Armed Services Committee’s airpower panel, according to a prepared statement.

The steps are the latest efforts to control costs for the $395.7 billion acquisition program. The first four contracts for 63 jets are exceeding their combined target cost by $1 billion, according to congressional auditors.

The F-35’s total acquisition cost has increased 70 percent, to $395.7 billion last month from $233 billion in late 2001 when the development phase began. The costs are calculated in comparable, inflation-adjusted “then-year dollars.”

The program’s projected “life cycle cost” -- including development since 1994, production of 2,443 jets and 55 years of support -- increased to $1.51 trillion from $1.38 trillion in 2010, Pentagon officials told reporters March 30.

#2246 Guest_Derek L_*

Guest_Derek L_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:41 PM

oh my! Finally... performance based contract awards... you knew it just had to be coming.

Lockheed's Next F-35 Contracts tied to Actual Real Performance... Delivered!

You say that like it’s a bad thing, I’d think you’d champion such a performance based model……..And when Lockheed jumps through these hurdles, like they did with the prior “B” version probation, your concerns will diminish? ;)

#2247 waldo

waldo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,028 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:42 PM

Again, your point?

the point was/is staring you in the face... in the quote. Your only resort, your only counter to the NATO Commander was to diss the guy... because he's French. You made repeated post references to it. It was bizarre - quite bizarre... but not unexpected since you invariably resort to the absurd when cornered. My MIDS reference (in line with your "ta da Link 16", was nothing more than a humourous anecdote to your French dissing... a program funded significantly by the French, where the MIDS program manager (by international agreement) must be a French military officer. Heelarious. Of course, it apparently went right over your head and you went all jingoistic! :lol:

#2248 Guest_Derek L_*

Guest_Derek L_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:44 PM

the point was/is staring you in the face... in the quote. Your only resort, your only counter to the NATO Commander was to diss the guy... because he's French. You made repeated post references to it. It was bizarre - quite bizarre... but not unexpected since you invariably resort to the absurd when cornered. My MIDS reference (in line with your "ta da Link 16", was nothing more than a humourous anecdote to your French dissing... a program funded significantly by the French, where the MIDS program manager (by international agreement) must be a French military officer. Heelarious. Of course, it apparently went right over your head and you went all jingoistic! :lol:

Waldo, have you stopped beating your French wife yet? ;)

#2249 waldo

waldo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,028 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:45 PM

You say that like it’s a bad thing, I’d think you’d champion such a performance based model……..And when Lockheed jumps through these hurdles, like they did with the prior “B” version probation, your concerns will diminish? ;)

long overdue... based on past performance, it seems highly unlikely Lockheed Martin will be able to turn things around... on a dime, hey? In any case, cost is the last thing on your mind... you could care less. Whatever it costs, it costs - right?

#2250 waldo

waldo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,028 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:47 PM

Waldo, have you stopped beating your French wife yet? ;)

I will gladly replay all your juvenile posts where your only resort in being unable to counter the NATO Commander's House of Commons Defence Committee testimony... is to denigrate the NATO Commander and his statements... because he's French. Do you really want those posts played back for you?

Reply to this topic