Jump to content
Political Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Topaz

Germany up set about NATO

Recommended Posts

Topaz    32

The Germans are upset with the US- NATO  buildup of troops on the Russian borders and they feel nothing good could come from it. So what's going on the mind of Obama...the election?                                                      http://www.globalresearch.ca/u-s-tanks-and-troops-at-russias-border-german-politicians-up-in-arms-over-us-nato-buildup-directed-against-russia/5567784      

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rue    292

The build up was ordered over a year ago. It was Obama punishing Putin for more perceived slights. It also was in response to huge unilateral nuclear missile installation build up by the Russians which Obama did not keep up with. Over the last 10 years the Russians have escalated and built up huge numbers of nuclear attack missiles all along their borders in response to what they perceive is  hostile NATO ground build ups around them.

The fact is a token US army presence in Poland is a toothless gesture. It means little to Putin. His nuclear missile build up which outnumbers the West now by like 5 to 1 he believes is the deterrent to any war. He tested his theories in Ukraine and Syria and proved the US and NATO would do nothing.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
-1=e^ipi    46

NATO is an obsolete dinosaur.

 

Being unnecessarily hostile with Russia in today's geopolitical environment makes no sense. We are natural allies given our shared concern of ISIS and desire to trade and have prosperous capitalist economies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hernanday    31
1 hour ago, -1=e^ipi said:

NATO is an obsolete dinosaur.

 

Being unnecessarily hostile with Russia in today's geopolitical environment makes no sense. We are natural allies given our shared concern of ISIS and desire to trade and have prosperous capitalist economies.

How are we being hostile to Russia, Russia is the country that has invaded two countries illegally in the last decade and is colonizing them.

Russia is a natural enemy because they have a competing ideology of communism, hate, violence, thuggery, and anti-democratic values and behaviours.  Russia is a kleptocratic state that imprisons billionaires and steals their wealth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
-1=e^ipi    46
1 minute ago, hernanday said:

they have a competing ideology of communism

Cold war ended decades ago, get over it. They haven't been communist for a long time.

3 minutes ago, hernanday said:

Russia is the country that has invaded two countries illegally in the last decade and is colonizing them.

You realize that there was a referendum in Crimea, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Argus    673
1 hour ago, -1=e^ipi said:

NATO is an obsolete dinosaur.

 

Being unnecessarily hostile with Russia in today's geopolitical environment makes no sense. We are natural allies given our shared concern of ISIS and desire to trade and have prosperous capitalist economies.

The Russians are a murderous, corrupt mafia state. Only people without morals or brains befriend such a state. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
-1=e^ipi    46
Just now, Argus said:

The Russians are a murderous, corrupt mafia state. Only people without morals or brains befriend such a state. 

You've bought all of the western media propaganda, haven't you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Argus    673
Just now, -1=e^ipi said:

You've bought all of the western media propaganda, haven't you?

You've bought all the Russian propaganda, haven't you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
-1=e^ipi    46

Yes, befriending a nation that could be a useful ally against ISIS clearly means I have no brains.

 

Meanwhile, Saudi Arabia should be our BFF for life as they kill gay people, kill apostates, behead women for shopping without a male guardian, commit genocide in Yemen, and use oil money to fund wahhabist propaganda, which has led to the rise of ISIS, Al Queda, Al Shabab, Boko Haram, Al Nusra and various other groups.

Edited by -1=e^ipi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
-1=e^ipi    46
3 minutes ago, Argus said:

You've bought all the Russian propaganda, haven't you?

Oh, of course not. The Russian propaganda would have you believe that all Western Ukrainians are far-right neonazis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hernanday    31
27 minutes ago, -1=e^ipi said:

Yes, befriending a nation that could be a useful ally against ISIS clearly means I have no brains.

 

Meanwhile, Saudi Arabia should be our BFF for life as they kill gay people, kill apostates, behead women for shopping without a male guardian, commit genocide in Yemen, and use oil money to fund wahhabist propaganda, which has led to the rise of ISIS, Al Queda, Al Shabab, Boko Haram, Al Nusra and various other groups.

Russia is not an ally against ISIS, they are an ally of Syria and have been for a long time.  They are not anti ISIS.

And you think Russia doesn't beat and kill gays, commit genocide, are you forgetting why so many russian jews are in Canada?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
-1=e^ipi    46

The soviet era is over with respect to genocide.

 

Their current ban on 'gay propaganda' is a concerning assault on freedom of speech and probably results in unnecessary suicides of LGBT teens in Russia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bryan    1
42 minutes ago, -1=e^ipi said:

You realize that there was a referendum in Crimea, right?

Not to mention, they have been begging Russia to allow them back in for many years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
betsy    245

It's Obama wanting to make the presidency as difficult for Trump as he can.  Any escalation from this, it'll be Trump who'll have to face it.

Edited by betsy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Topaz    32

let's be clear  and truthful here, what ever the US or NATO countries accuse Russia of or any other country, the US and NATO countries could probably be  accused of the same thing, in other words a double standard and u all know it. So all of u coming down on Russia, u are probably right but its also  the truth what the US has done in the past  and probably today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Argus    673
4 hours ago, -1=e^ipi said:

Yes, befriending a nation that could be a useful ally against ISIS clearly means I have no brains.

The Russians don't care about ISIS. They've done virtually nothing against them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
eyeball    628
22 hours ago, Topaz said:

let's be clear  and truthful here, what ever the US or NATO countries accuse Russia of or any other country, the US and NATO countries could probably be  accused of the same thing, in other words a double standard and u all know it. So all of u coming down on Russia, u are probably right but its also  the truth what the US has done in the past  and probably today.

Yep, if you've seen one super rogue you've seen them all.

Wait until they ally themselves with one another and subject the globe to their co-dominion...out of concerns for global stability of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Argus    673
22 hours ago, Topaz said:

let's be clear  and truthful here, what ever the US or NATO countries accuse Russia of or any other country, the US and NATO countries could probably be  accused of the same thing, in other words a double standard and u all know it. 

NATO has invaded an independent, democratic country and annexed its territory? When did this happen? NATO has bombarded civilian neighbourhoods for months, killing tens of thousands? When did that happen? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Argus said:

NATO has invaded an independent, democratic country and annexed its territory? When did this happen? NATO has bombarded civilian neighbourhoods for months, killing tens of thousands? When did that happen? 

 

Yes....see "Kosovo War".....1999.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like we're back in October 1962.  

The NATO play book always advised the use of smaller powered nuclear weapons (i.e. tactical nukes) in the event Soviet forces overwhelmed NATO forces in an invasion of western Europe.  Since the Berlin garrison would be overwhelmed in a matter of minutes, it amounted to a first response, more or less.  There was no way NATO could hold back the mass of T-54 tanks without literally nuking them.  

What pacifist types do not understand is that a show of weakness guarantees war, not prevents it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
eyeball    628
6 hours ago, JamesHackerMP said:

What pacifist types do not understand is that a show of weakness guarantees war, not prevents it.  

I don't have any trouble understanding this. It's clear the west will do whatever it takes to avoid to a confrontation with Russia - up to and including torturing and murdering innocent people.

What chicken-hawks don't understand is how obvious they are.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
?Impact    54
8 hours ago, JamesHackerMP said:

What pacifist types do not understand is that a show of weakness guarantees war, not prevents it.  

What the warmonger types do not understand is that there are more pacifists around on all sides than warmongers. Lack of aggression is not a show of weakness, it is a show of strength. Aggression itself is a show of weakness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bcsapper    385
1 minute ago, ?Impact said:

What the warmonger types do not understand is that there are more pacifists around on all sides than warmongers. Lack of aggression is not a show of weakness, it is a show of strength. Aggression itself is a show of weakness.

Yes, but if a warmonger eats a pacifist's lunch, the pacifist goes hungry regardless of numbers or shows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
?Impact    54
3 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Yes, but if a warmonger eats a pacifist's lunch, the pacifist goes hungry regardless of numbers or shows.

True, and the warmongers on "out side" have been eating the pacifist's lunch for decades.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×