Political Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
wulf42

Gun Control Doesn't work...Never did, Never will!

Enacting laws to control guns only affect people that abide by the law. The people that are committing the crimes with guns could not care less that there's a "gun control" law that they're breaking. It's the least of the laws they're breaking. ...........when will some of you get it,I own guns have for years all my friends own guns have for years..........and in all that time i have never shot anybody or had any desire to.....the only thing gun control does and ever did is unarm the public and allow criminals who get their guns on the black market!..............more people die from drunk driving but does the Goverment ban alcohol...NO! More young people die in car accidents but do we raise the driving age limit NO! too much money to be lost there.....but God forbid some lunatic with a prohibited assault rifle like the AK-47 and AR-15 variants which are banned in Canada now but yet people still get them...goes and shoots the hell out of a school and then people want gun control which really only affects Shotguns and 5 shot rifles,the guns hunters use...makes absolutely no sense.....it has been proven communities that allow gun ownership have less crime than areas that don t ..........Washington DC has some of the strongest gun control in the USA but has the highest crime rate.....there are towns in Texas that are armed and the crime rate is practically zero...and a new study in the states suggests schools will be safer if teachers are armed and trained how to shoot.............look the point is,it is a dangerous world common citizens should be allowed to be armed with shotguns and rifles that are properly stored and contained from children......i don t believe we need such firearms as fully automatic weapons such as the uzi's and tech 9's or the AK-47's or AR-15'S these weapons are military and only military should have them...........and don t bother with the name calling or gun fanatics comment's just a mature discussion if thats possible....i find in these forums people who can t come up with a reasonable rebuff resort to name calling instead.

A good question is how the the firearms that criminals buy on the blackmarket get into the blackmarket.

A good question is how the the firearms that criminals buy on the blackmarket get into the blackmarket.

The weapons most often used in crime are handguns and fully automatics...which again are banned now...the problem is we live next to the USA which has gun ownership as a right...that is where your guns on the black market come from...and they unfortunately can t stop these weapons coming into Canada...i don t have a problem with strict control on Handguns .....but making it hard for people to own say a 30-30 winchester or a remington 3 shot 12 gauge is ridiculous....right now the only way a Canadian can legally own a handgun is be a collector, join a gun club....or be a cop....thats it! no other way.....i would say that is strict enough yet those retards in Toronto still have handguns...why?? because they bring them in from the good old USA !!! gun control can t stop that!

Edited by wulf42

The weapons most often used in crime are handguns and fully automatics...which again are banned now...the problem is we live next to the USA which has gun ownership as a right...that is where your guns on the black market come from...and they unfortunately can t stop these weapons coming into Canada...i don t have a problem with strict control on Handguns .....but making it hard for people to own say a 30-30 winchester or a remington 3 shot 12 gauge is rediculous....right now the only way a Canadian can legally own a handgun is be a collector, join a gun club....or be a cop....thats it no other way.....i would say that isstrict enough yet those retards in Toronto still have handguns...why?? because they bring them in from the good old USA !!! gun control can t stop that!

I'll ask the Q again...how do the weapons get into the black market?

I'll ask the Q again...how do the weapons get into the black market?

I thought i answered it...they are smuggled in through the USA and gun control has about as much chance of stopping that as the Goverment does in stopping drugs being smuggled into Canada its just an unfortunate situation we have to live with but at least allow the common person to own a simple rifle or shotgun!

Edited by wulf42

I thought i answered it...they are smuggled in through the USA and gun control has about as much chance of stopping that as the Goverment does in stopping drugs being smuggled into Canada its just an unforunate situation we have to live with but at least allow the common person to own a simple rifle or shotgun!

I know the US is the source but that doesn't answer how they get into the Black Market. A law abididng gun owner isn't about to go out and buy firearms froma licensed dealer and smuggle them into Canada.

I know the US is the source but that doesn't answer how they get into the Black Market. A law abididng gun owner isn't about to go out and buy firearms froma licensed dealer and smuggle them into Canada.

No what happens is Gangs with connections in the US or organized crime smuggles them into Canada and sells them to local gangs like we are now seeing in Toronto...............give me a 100.00 and i could go to Northend Dartmouth and buy a .38.....and i'll bet its not registered..!

No what happens is Gangs with connections in the US or organized crime smuggles them into Canada and sells them to local gangs like we are now seeing in Toronto...............give me a 100.00 and i could go to Northend Dartmouth and buy a .38.....and i'll bet its not registered..!

Okay...so how and where do the US gangs get the weapons?

Okay...so how and where do the US gangs get the weapons?

Do a goggle search of the U.S. on gun dealers....and you will have hundreds of pages ...America is a gun culture and they have very little restrictions on gun ownership...simply a 5 day waiting period...and as long as you haven t killed anybody you can after 5 days go get your gun, it is as simple as that!

very easy for gangs to get ...you can by a AK-47 down there if you wish to..............In canada you can t buy these guns at dealers and getting a handgun is almost impossible LEGALLY in Canada now.

Edited by wulf42

"The best way we can fight back against criminals who use guns on our streets is to show that we know that our city's safe and it's ours, by being everywhere in our city and supporting each other," the mayor intones. He included a message from area businesses, imploring shoppers not to avoid the downtown core because of the violence.

An outraged Miller renewed his call for a ban on all handguns Friday, noting it's not just the Big Smoke that's facing problems. "I think it's time Canadians came together. These challenges aren't just in Toronto. They exist across this country. And we can make a choice. We can choose to act. We can choose to say handguns are so dangerous and kill uninvolved people, are so dangerous that we're going to close the loopholes in our law and end the ownership of handguns in this country."

----

Gun collectors counter that criminals don't care about the laws and a handgun ban wouldn't do anything to stop them from getting their hands on the lethal weapons.

It's a point Tony Bernardo of the Canadian Institute for Legislative Actions thinks can't be overstressed. "When you've got Chief Blair testifying to the Parliamentary Justice Committee that over 80 per cent of the handguns that they get are illegally smuggled into Canada, when the Vancouver Guns and Gangs Task Force there says 97 per cent of theirs are illegally smuggled in, I would really like to know what taking these things away from law-abiding citizens is actually going to do?"

"Firearm owners in this country have more security clearances than a police officer does," he adds. "We have years and years of training in self-discipline."

"The problem here is drug gangs are killing people mostly. And until you get rid of the drug trade, this is going to go on and on. These kinds of crimes need to be severely punished. You hear repeatedly of people being charged with gun crimes while they're out on parole for gun crimes."

http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_18710.aspx

Regardless of the overwhelming proof put in front of the likes of David Miller, they want to be seen as the ones with the ultimate solution to the violence in their cities, regardless if those solutions don't bring results. Miller's position is totally absurd. It would further punish law abiding citizens in exchange for bloating Miller's already bloated head. He is all about soundbites and appealing to the fear of Torontonians. A total ban on guns will not curb their availability to criminals and gang members.

.....but making it hard for people to own say a 30-30 winchester or a remington 3 shot 12 gauge is ridiculous....

It's hard for people to own rifles or shotguns? How so?

http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_18710.aspx

Regardless of the overwhelming proof put in front of the likes of David Miller, they want to be seen as the ones with the ultimate solution to the violence in their cities, regardless if those solutions don't bring results. Miller's position is totally absurd. It would further punish law abiding citizens in exchange for bloating Miller's already bloated head. He is all about soundbites and appealing to the fear of Torontonians. A total ban on guns will not curb their availability to criminals and gang members.

Exactly right! Gang are still going to have guns ...gun control or not!

Some of those guns are smuggled in by Canadians hired for that purpose. There appears to be quite a network in operation, organized to the teeth.

Altogether, 15 Canadians were arrested with numerous people in the U.S. in the continuing probe into U.S. firearms sold for drugs to Canadian arms and drug traffickers.

Six women among those charged were primarily used as the drug mules, or drivers of the vehicles used to smuggle the contraband across the border, police allege.

Despite taking a significant number of handguns out of circulation, police admit other weapons have likely been smuggled into Canada by the group, particularly in the Toronto area where a demand for handguns continues to rise among gang members and other criminals.

http://www.thestar.com/article/228267

These facts fly in the face of David Miller's constant pounding for an outright ban on handguns.

Always makes me laugh how the same conservatives will swear up and down that drug prohibition is a necessity and the only way we can control drugs, are just as adamant that the same approach cannot work for guns.

Here's a clue guys, it can't work for either, and in neither case should we be punishing responsible users for what a few idiots might do.

Enacting laws to control guns only affect people that abide by the law. The people that are committing the crimes with guns could not care less that there's a "gun control" law that they're breaking. It's the least of the laws they're breaking. ...........when will some of you get it,I own guns have for years all my friends own guns have for years..........and in all that time i have never shot anybody or had any desire to.....the only thing gun control does and ever did is unarm the public and allow criminals who get their guns on the black market!..............more people die from drunk driving but does the Goverment ban alcohol...NO! More young people die in car accidents but do we raise the driving age limit NO! too much money to be lost there.....but God forbid some lunatic with a prohibited assault rifle like the AK-47 and AR-15 variants which are banned in Canada now but yet people still get them...goes and shoots the hell out of a school and then people want gun control which really only affects Shotguns and 5 shot rifles,the guns hunters use...makes absolutely no sense.....it has been proven communities that allow gun ownership have less crime than areas that don t ..........Washington DC has some of the strongest gun control in the USA but has the highest crime rate.....there are towns in Texas that are armed and the crime rate is practically zero...and a new study in the states suggests schools will be safer if teachers are armed and trained how to shoot.............look the point is,it is a dangerous world common citizens should be allowed to be armed with shotguns and rifles that are properly stored and contained from children......i don t believe we need such firearms as fully automatic weapons such as the uzi's and tech 9's or the AK-47's or AR-15'S these weapons are military and only military should have them...........and don t bother with the name calling or gun fanatics comment's just a mature discussion if thats possible....i find in these forums people who can t come up with a reasonable rebuff resort to name calling instead.

waaaaaa ........waaaaaa ............waaaaaaa

can't you trigger-happy rednecks give it a rest!?!?!?!?!

Do a goggle search of the U.S. on gun dealers....and you will have hundreds of pages ...America is a gun culture and they have very little restrictions on gun ownership...simply a 5 day waiting period...and as long as you haven t killed anybody you can after 5 days go get your gun, it is as simple as that!

very easy for gangs to get ...you can by a AK-47 down there if you wish to..............In canada you can t buy these guns at dealers and getting a handgun is almost impossible LEGALLY in Canada now.

So if the US had stricter gun laws, Canadian criminals would have a harder time getting weapons.

Kind of the same way drugs get on the "black market" And we all know how effective we are at stopping that.

Oh so legitimate drug users go to licensed dealers and then smuggle them into Canada?

So if the US had stricter gun laws, Canadian criminals would have a harder time getting weapons.

No. We'd just see more guns smuggled in from China. I'm certain they could easily fill the void. If not, goons from other countries would get on board. Since this country doesn't seem serious about addressing the criminal gangs problem, we're a thriving market for illegal guns.

No. We'd just see more guns smuggled in from China. I'm certain they could easily fill the void. If not, goons from other countries would get on board. Since this country doesn't seem serious about addressing the criminal gangs problem, we're a thriving market for illegal guns.

So are you one of those conservatives who thinks gun prohibition is wrong but drug prohibition is right? How can you not transfer your own logic from this post off guns and onto drugs. It's the same premise.

Oh so legitimate drug users go to licensed dealers and then smuggle them into Canada?

SO what you think smugglers buy guns legally here and they smuggle them into Canada? Do you realize how easy that would be trace back to the owner. One call to the US State department would get that ball rolling. Come on man.

SO what you think smugglers buy guns legally here and they smuggle them into Canada? Do you realize how easy that would be trace back to the owner. One call to the US State department would get that ball rolling. Come on man.

No I don't think that and that's the point. How do guns get into the black market, where do they originate?

No I don't think that and that's the point. How do guns get into the black market, where do they originate?

Does it matter? It's happening anyway! What's more, we seem to be waging a futile war to stop them.

When you talk big money then people find a way. Organized crime only gets involved if there's big money to be made. It is almost impossible to block smuggling. Customs could never have enough resources to check each and every box car, shipping container or car trunk that comes into the country. So the percentage of risk is low enough and the profits high enough that smuggling becomes big business.

Law enforcement depends heavily upon a perception that they have unlimited resources to "always get their man". Obviously, that simply isn't true. It works somewhat with casual crime, when the perpetrator is basically a good citizen facing some temptation. A true criminal looks at crime from a more realistic perspective.

Some states down south have laxer gun laws than others. They are an easy source for smugglers who often are paying for Canadian pot to be imported into the USA. We send them weed and they send us guns and heroin.

How typically Canadian!