Political Discussion Forums

The Coalition needs a name

'The coalition' is too bland, and sounds like a 60s rock band dressed in paisley, or a vaguely threatening galactic threat from another Star Wars installment.

I very much like the name I've seen here, The Bloc Torontois.

It captures the prominent role of the Bloc Quebecois right up front and center where they belong in this saga, and the dreadful events about to unfold.

And it adds the strong flavour of the dominant Liberal cult based in Toronto.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'The coalition' is too bland, and sounds like a 60s rock band dressed in paisley, or a vaguely threatening galactic threat from another Star Wars installment.

There was a very influential hard core indie ponk band in Toronto in the early to mid 80s.

Bunch of F*ckin Goofs (the Goofs for short)

Now mind you, I prefered the Bourbon Tabernacal Choir

The Liberal Democrats, has a nice ring to it. "And now with the speech from the throne, the leader of the Liberal Democratic Party of Canada....the right honourable Micheal Ignatieff"

is it Jan 26th yet?

And then you woke up. Harper cannot wait until Jan. 26th. Tory Brass is laughing their ass off right now.

I very much like the name I've seen here, The Bloc Torontois.

It captures the prominent role of the Bloc Quebecois right up front and center where they belong in this saga, and the dreadful events about to unfold.

And it adds the strong flavour of the dominant Liberal cult based in Toronto.

How about: "The LeftWing Party?" Might as well. Lumped together as one.