Political Discussion Forums

Muslim Honor Killing in Kingston

Canada's idea of a leader is a lawyer that speaks two languages.
How about an Canadian-speaking accountant that has done a good job of learning French and English?
  • Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's start with... You know of course, that "honour" killing occurs mostly in some Muslim societies, and not in others. It seems to be virtually unknown in Eastern Africa, South East Asia, Albania or in Muslim population in the Russian Federation, for example.

You know that, right?

Why is it happening among Canadian Muslims then?
It is not very hard to understand that someone whose self-respect is shattered may kill (himself and/or others).

Please, don't do anything stupid. I worry about you.

JBG, move north please. WE could use people like you here.

Thanks. But I don't speak either Canadian or French. Only English.

How about an Canadian-speaking accountant that has done a good job of learning French and English?

Only if you can also drink 12 beers and not fall into the campfire. Canadian tradition...

:lol:

Hey, I can do that!! B)

It helps if you already have the tent set-up. Nothing worse than setting up a tent at 2am hosed out of one's gourd while being eaten alive by blackflies.

Unfortunately...also a Canadian tradition.

Guest American Woman
It helps if you already have the tent set-up. Nothing worse than setting up a tent at 2am hosed out of one's gourd while being eaten alive by blackflies.

Unfortunately...also a Canadian tradition.

Well, I've done the setting up the tent at 2am hosed out of one's gourd, but I don't recall any blackflies being involved. Does that mean it doesn't count? Or am I close enough to the Canadian tradition ..... :P

Well, I've done the setting up the tent at 2am hosed out of one's gourd, but I don't recall any blackflies being involved. Does that mean it doesn't count? Or am I close enough to the Canadian tradition ..... :P

By all means...take the job.

There's also the canoe thing...

Mr Berton had a knack for that sort of thing. Loved most of his books.