Political Discussion Forums
August1991

Political Test

It will be interesting to see if many others post their results. Thanks for the link. Always interesting to do a little self analysis.

I got Economic Left/Right: 1.62

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.56

Economic Left/Right: -2.25

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.77

Thanks August, was pretty interesting to see where I fell in a test like this. Definately thought I was more economic than this but then again, we should learn new things about ourselves all the time. Thanks again for the chance at a look at ourselves.

Sorry I did not post my numbers. Here they are:

economic left/right: 0.25

Social Libertarian/Authoortarian: 1.28.

Pretty much where I expected it.

Economic Left/Right: 0.75

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.64

Shoot, they didn't have any famous people in my corner so I could tell what it means.

Economic left/right: 8.62

Social libertarian/authoritarian: -1.95

Near absolutely nobody. :) I suppose it means I'm an economic far-right-winger and somewhat libertarian socially.

Economic left/right: 3.88

Social libertarian/authoritarian: 1.90

mmm i did this before, dang....slight move further right and i keep thinking i am a liberal

:)

Economic Left/Right: 0.75

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.74

this is prolley the 5th time I have taken the test and each time I move more to the right, infact this time I am actually on the right.

I thinkthe biggest problem with this test is it takes to many steroe typical low blows at conservatives and causes soem inacuracies. I don;t want to start a debate but i think soem of the questions in the test really have a negative outcoem onthe results.

now excuse me whiel i go cry, I am right around paul martin :(

This political test gives a much better idea of were people are in the political spectrum.

http://www.politopia.com/quiz_index.php3

Take the test, it will give you all a good idea of were you stand in the political arena.

My results:

Centerville-You would feel most at home in Centerville, which means that you are more or less pleased the status quo-you think the US government has just about the right amount of control over your economic and personal decisions. Your neighbors include democratic and republican party leaders and others who call themselves "moderates" and "centrists."

I'm close to George W. Bush, who is also on the centre of the political spectrum. Wow it feels good to be considered the moderate of the group.

By the way post your results.

Political Compass Test

Since we have new posters, I'll bring this thread to the top.

Do this test.  It takes about five minutes and is fun.  Then post your results here.

-3.59 economic left/right - which is silly as I'm not left of centre, and -.55, which seems about right.

Political Compass Test:

Economic Left/Right: 7.25

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 7.79

In the same ballpark as Thatcher.

I just did AF's test and got "Centreville". Not to quibble but the questions were quite obvious. Also, Bush Jr in centreville? WTF?

Interesting test, though I was forced to answer questions in which my choices swung from strongly disagree to strongly agree, depending on the context. I forgot to note my numbers, but I guess all my extreme responses averaged out as I was near centre, slightly left (me?) and slightly libertarian.