Political Discussion Forums

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Miss Me Yet?

The answer to that question is a definite YES!!! Its been tough to stomach the all-out assult and destruction of the American economy over the past year or so. I'd love to see America once again have a President who doesn't denounce profits, denounce business, and denounce success. The idiot that now resides in the White House is a complete economic illiterate. It gets frustrating to see him, day after day, talk about and implement economic policy which reduces the job expansion he so desperately seeks.

Guest American Woman

The rumours are true....going viral is the anonymous billboard "Miss Me Yet ?" with a smarmy photo of President Bush.

Priceless.....and very funny.

I expect we'll see "Hell, no!" spray painted on the billboard before long ..... B)

I expect we'll see "Hell, no!" spray painted on the billboard before long ..... B)

That doesn't seem to reflect the mood of the people!

Perhaps the greatest measure of Obama's declining support is that just 50% of voters now say they prefer having him as President to George W. Bush, with 44% saying they'd rather have his predecessor

Politico

:lol:

Guest American Woman

That doesn't seem to reflect the mood of the people!

Riiiight. A billboard paid for by a group of small business owners in a small town, population 3,048, reflects the mood of the people. ;)

In case you didn't notice, even the poll you cited has more people preferring Obama to Bush. :D

The answer to that question is a definite YES!!! Its been tough to stomach the all-out assult and destruction of the American economy over the past year or so. I'd love to see America once again have a President who doesn't denounce profits, denounce business, and denounce success. The idiot that now resides in the White House is a complete economic illiterate. It gets frustrating to see him, day after day, talk about and implement economic policy which reduces the job expansion he so desperately seeks.

the man who presided for 8 years while the economy collapsed is the hero and the one inherited the problem is at fault??? you're a financial genius on par with our PM who predicted in Nov of 08 there would be no recession and we'd have growth and a budget surplus in 09

I'm sure the billboard will get a lot more attention now that the word is out, but it was local tee-hee fun while it lasted....and this in a "blue" state.

Coincides nicely with President Obama's slipping poll numbers.

You mean his poll numbers going up by 5 points over the last two weeks? Is that what you mean by slipping?

You mean his poll numbers going up by 5 points over the last two weeks? Is that what you mean by slipping?

No...I meant slipping...recently and overall.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/125678/Obama-Approval-Economy-Down-Foreign-Affairs-Up.aspx

Hell, if we wanted more sliding polls...should have just kept Bush! :lol:

Guest American Woman

There was really nowhere left for Bush to slide to, so even if we wanted more sliding polls, we had to start over with someone new. ;)

Edited by American Woman

There was really nowhere left for Bush to slide to, so even if we wanted more sliding polls, we had to start over with someone new. ;)

Couldn't keep Bush anyway by constitution, but he slid the farthest because he had the highest in polling numbers ever! :P

Guest American Woman

Do you dispute that Bush had the highst/lowest numbers? Such a dynamic president....actions...not talk! :lol:

Do you dispute that having nowhere left to slide has nothing to do with where one started? :P

Nice try, though. I'm sure you name sake would appreciate your butt kissing. :)

No...I meant slipping...recently and overall.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/125678/Obama-Approval-Economy-Down-Foreign-Affairs-Up.aspx

I noticed you didn't actually link to the tracking poll of the president but a poll on his handling of certain issues.

Here is the tracking poll you might notice a tick upward over the past two weeks, you the approval numbers going up NOT SLIPPING.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/113980/Gallup-Daily-Obama-Job-Approval.aspx

I noticed you didn't actually link to the tracking poll of the president but a poll on his handling of certain issues.

Here is the tracking poll you might notice a tick upward over the past two weeks, you the approval numbers going up NOT SLIPPING.

His numbers have slipped terribly since election euphoria has worn off.....stop pretending otherwise. He literally has some very tough sledding ahead.

His numbers have slipped terribly since election euphoria has worn off.....stop pretending otherwise. He literally has some very tough sledding ahead.

That is true of every president ever accept Bush who had 9/11 happen when his numbers were tanking. Ohhhhh no Obama has the same patterns of approval as the best presidents of the last 100 years.

That is true of every president ever accept Bush.....

My...it must kill you to type that! :lol:

Free tip: "except Bush"

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Nice spin. Aren't you the guy who posted polls showing how great Martha Coakley was doing? And how great Jon Corzine was doing? And how great Cree Deeds was doing? LOL.

Anyways, RCP as the Obama approval polls from the month of February so far. They are, in no particular order, 44%, 46%, 47%, 47%, and than Gallups outlier at 50%. When you average them all out, he's at 47% approval, 46% disapproval. Yeah punked, great numbers! :rolleyes: He's on the comeback trail! :lol:

Leaving out his competencies and incompetencies, Obama was born under a lucky star. From the looks of it, the economy will be clicking along again by the time he comes up for reelection.

Maybe...but his political supporters will be loathe to repeat their "jobless recovery" mantra that burdened Bush in the 2004 election cycle. Good luck Barry!

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Leaving out his competencies and incompetencies, Obama was born under a lucky star. From the looks of it, the economy will be clicking along again by the time he comes up for reelection.

Actually, I've heard the opposite. That 2010 will show some moderate economic growth, but then could slide back down in 2011.

Anyways, if one takes a look at the internals of punked's gallup numbers, it's pretty scary for Democrats.

Obama's approval on healthcare 36%

Obama's approval on the economy 36%

Obama's approval on the budget 32%

Gallup

Those will all be the main issues in the upcoming mid-term election.