Political Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Shady

Anne Coulter comes to Canada

The ONLY difference between the two is that at any given point in time, one of them is running the government.

Then what's the argument between liberals and conservatives then? Just who should be running the government?

There is more of a difference these days with splits in both parties.

Then what's the argument between liberals and conservatives then?

Frankly, speaking neither of the two ethicly challenged gangs have any special redeeming qualities about them.

Guest American Woman

I'm partisan, and I don't like Coulter. And I don't care about the personal attacks made against her in this thread. I didn't respond to any of them, and I've made similar cracks in the past. Moore, Hilary, Barack's pipe-cleaner arms, Chretien's mangled grill, Paul Martin's Tic-Tac sized testicles (that's conjecture, not first-hand information...), Harper's chunky ass, and probably many others that I've forgotten.

Wow. I can see you've had some proud moments in your life.

I felt at home making fun of Moore's morbid obesity because that's just the kind of thread it is. Others set the tone long before I did.

Others weren't responding to my post. My mistake expecting an intelligent response. Won't happen again. :)

What about you? I don't recall you chiding anybody for the attacks on Coulter's appearance, but one comment on Moore's weight problems and you jump on it. Perhaps your halo could use a little polishing.

Or perhaps more to the point, you could use a little intellectual growth and begin to understand the difference between random responses and responses to my posts.

If that's the kind of response/discussion you enjoy engaging in, so be it. Carry on. B)

Edited by American Woman

Frankly, speaking neither of the two ethicly challenged gangs have any special redeeming qualities about them.

And is there one that does?

Guest American Woman
bush_cheney2004, on 05 April 2010 - 07:55 PM, said: Sorry.....it's American basketball.....

It was a Canadian invention....we let you play it...

But it all started in America............ ;)

Guest TrueMetis

But it all started in America............ ;)

Played mostly by people from Africa.

And is there one that does?

Not likely. Thats why I jeer at the ideologists in the crowd that believe that their side is the only side and arent interested in keeping their great leaders feet to the fire....

Not likely. Thats why I jeer at the ideologists in the crowd that believe that their side is the only side and arent interested in keeping their great leaders feet to the fire....

I see. A centrist then, perhaps?

110 pages. Wow! When someone can stir up that much discussion you know the enemy has landed.

Wow. I can see you've had some proud moments in your life.

Others weren't responding to my post. My mistake expecting an intelligent response. Won't happen again. :)

I've given you more intelligent responses than your poorly thought out posts in this thread have deserved.

Or perhaps more to the point, you could use a little intellectual growth and begin to understand the difference between random responses and responses to my posts.

If that's the kind of response/discussion you enjoy engaging in, so be it. Carry on. B)

From your attempts to deny that Houle was acting as an official of the school when he sent that letter, to the idea that the CAUT letter doesn't represent that organization's position, to the attempt to equate the situation with Moore to this situation, you've been circling the drain for a whole week in this thread. And this latest stratagem... going back 2 years to prove ... that I wrote something uncomplimentary about Hilary Clinton? Wow. When you have to reach back that far and come up with something that lame, that kind of speaks for itself. Congratulations on proving to the world that I have written mean things about various public figures. :lol:

I'm all about intellectual growth. And I hope you are too. Although you're many, many, many years my senior, you're never too old to learn new things. And one thing that maybe you can learn from this is that when all you have left to say is something that dumb, you should reconsider hitting the "Add Reply" button. B)

-k

Guest American Woman

I've given you more intelligent responses than your poorly thought out posts in this thread have deserved.

I get it, kimmy. When people don't agree with your POV, they don't deserve an intelligent response from you. No need to go on and on with yet more juvenile responses. :)

Although I did tell you to "carry on," didn't I? You follow directions well. :P

An independant might be more of an apt description.

Well, I'll hold your feet to the fire then.

It was mentioned once, and I was surprised to find out that the very reverand Allan Rock was the President of the University of Ottawa. Remember him, he brought us the Gun Registry? After reading his biography from the University's webpage I can only conclude that the thought of Ann Coulter being at the University turned his blood cold.

In 1993, he was elected as the Member of Parliament for Etobicoke-Centre and named Minister of Justice and Attorney General of Canada. In that capacity, he introduced significant improvements to the Criminal Code, the Canadian Human Rights Act and other federal legislation.

Allan Rock became Minister of Health in 1997, where he spearheaded the creation of the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) and more than doubled annual health research funding on a national scale.

Subsequently, as Minister of Industry and Minister of Infrastructure, he introduced Canada’s innovation strategy, was responsible for Canada’s three granting councils and introduced legislation to create the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation to promote applied research in the social sciences and the humanities.

Allan Rock was appointed Ambassador of Canada to the United Nations in December 2003. As the voice of Canadians at the United Nations, Allan Rock was an outspoken advocate of human rights, human security and reforming the UN. At the 2005 World Summit at the UN, he led the successful Canadian effort to secure the adoption by world leaders of the doctrine Responsibility to Protect populations from genocide, ethnic cleansing, war crimes and crimes against humanity. Other roles at the UN included chairing a working group on obstacles to long-term development in Haiti, efforts to end the conflict in Northern Uganda and peace negotiations in Abuja, Nigeria involving the Government of Sudan and representatives of the three main rebel groups seeking greater autonomy for Darfur.

Funny, no mention of the Gun Registry Bill.

So you see he is quite a caring-sharing guy. I mean the Pierre Elliot Trudeau Foundation. Can't get more left than that in Canada.

I wonder if anyone asked him about any part he might have played in the controversy?

I get it, kimmy. When people don't agree with your POV, they don't deserve an intelligent response from you. No need to go on and on with yet more juvenile responses. :)

Although I did tell you to "carry on," didn't I? You follow directions well. :P

None of what you've argued in the past week has been remotely intelligent, and I gave your inane claims far more consideration than they deserved.

And you're the one who stopped writing about the topic and started making it about your opponent, so you should think twice before calling others juvenile.

And if it makes you feel better to tell yourself that I'm following your directions, then feel free... but it's pretty ... juvenile. :lol:

-k

I wonder if anyone asked him about any part he might have played in the controversy?

I googled it but there is only some dissatisfaction with his response and his leaving town right away.

I wouldn't be surprised that he talked over Houle's letter to Coulter and thought it would be a good idea to send it. I mean, he was Minister of Justice once(Tee Hee). I can only guess that his expert opinion was sought out.

WoW! Canada's Ambassador to the UN. Tied so close to a freedom of speech issue with nothing to say other than bolster his University as a haven of "free expression".

I get the idea that these guys that get assigned posts like Ambassador to the UN who work for human rights and social justice believe themselves to be the stalwarts of such and conceive of themselves as being above it all, even though their actions are probably the biggest threat to human rights and social justice. Who do they think they are protecting us from? Each other? I think that's the case. The saviors, in saving us from ourselves, unwittingly become the biggest oppressors.

Edited by Pliny

meh, might as well add some quotes:

“Truth is hate to those who hate the truth.”

“In a corrupt society, the truth can be found in what is forbidden to say.”

“Nations are like leaves; they change color before they fall.”

and here's one to you libertarians out there:

“Gold is the currency of kings; silver is the currency of gentlemen; barter is the currency of peasants, and debt is the currency of slaves.”

One more quote...

"facsist kooks are like an annoying case of herpes"

One more quote...

"facsist kooks are like an annoying case of herpes"

Amen to that.

“Nations are like leaves; they change color before they fall.”

Not that I mind that you are finally posting your innermost thoughts, but I do want to point out that you've hit a new high mark for the most racist item published.

Edited by Michael Hardner