Political Discussion Forums

Where should the new NYC mosque be built?

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

whose biggest threat to the western world can be stopped by locking a door?

How does locking a door prevent car bombs, biological and/or chemical attacks, or small scale nuclear weapons like the so-called dirty bomb?

Is it a magical locking door that lets you escape from reality? :rolleyes:

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does locking a door prevent car bombs, biological and/or chemical attacks, or small scale nuclear weapons like the so-called dirty bomb?

Yes...when quized re: the dangers of the use of variola by terrorists (a distinct possibility not to be discounted), TM seemed to think a locked door would prevent that, as well.

Plus we have dre denying history re: the Grand Mufti. Which is pretty much Holocaust denial as the fellow was responsible for the deaths of some 700 thousand Jews and Gypsies. Not to mention one of the root causes of all the current Arab-Israeli problems.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohammad_Amin_al-Husayni

Plus we have dre denying history re: the Grand Mufti. Which is pretty much Holocaust denial as the fellow was responsible for the deaths of some 700 thousand Jews and Gypsies. Not to mention one of the root causes of all the current Arab-Israeli problems.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohammad_Amin_al-Husayni

Plus we have dre denying history re: the Grand Mufti.

No that wasnt me. That was whimsical and magical character inside your head whos positions you attribute to me, instead of actually reading mine.

No that wasnt me. That was whimsical and magical character inside your head whos positions you attribute to me, instead of actually reading mine.

OK...explain your lol smiley in response to this...

Oh please. They got the ol' bugger on film with the various top Nazis.
Guest TrueMetis

I was talking about hijacked planes, locking the cockpit door was the single most effective measure that had to stop that. Car bombs don't often kill many people though they do injure a lot. These guys don't have the know how or ability to get let alone use a biological or chemical weapon or a dirty bomb. Cause if they could they've had years to do it, so what's taking them so long?

OK...explain your lol smiley in response to this...

Oh... sure.

I was laughing at you. Not because I denied what you said about the Grand Mufti but because of you think that somehow makes the term "Fascist" an accurate description of todays fundamentalist muslims. I already explained to you why thats not linguistically correct.

Oh... sure.

I was laughing at you. Not because I denied what you said about the Grand Mufti but because of you think that somehow makes the term "Fascist" an accurate description of todays fundamentalist muslims. I already explained to you why thats not linguistically correct.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion.

Edited by DogOnPorch

I was talking about hijacked planes

You were talking about the biggest threat that they pose. Hijacking plances isn't the biggest threat they pose.

locking the cockpit door was the single most effective measure that had to stop that.

I guess the pilots would be safe. However, I guess the rest of the crew, as well as the passengers are pretty much screwed using your method of security. :rolleyes:

These guys don't have the know how or ability to get let alone use a biological or chemical weapon or a dirty bomb.

Actually, there have been terrorist attacks using chemical weapons. And the fact that a biological or dirty bomb attack hasn't taken place, doesn't mean it never will. Especially when we know that groups like Al Qaeda are so focused on obtaining those kinds of weapons.

The silence in regard to these Saudi related posts, speaks volumes.

Add to that that Bin Laden opposes the Saudi regime. So, since we're all arguing on false logic anyway, we might as well through in another illogical argument and say that the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Going by that false logic, Saudi Arabia ought to be considered one of the US' best friends.

Guest TrueMetis

You were talking about the biggest threat that they pose. Hijacking plances isn't the biggest threat they pose.

Really? Well they certainly aren't a threat when it comes to car bombs or suicide bombers.

I guess the pilots would be safe. However, I guess the rest of the crew, as well as the passengers are pretty much screwed using your method of security. :rolleyes:

Need of the many, needs of the few, blah blah blah.

Actually, there have been terrorist attacks using chemical weapons. And the fact that a biological or dirty bomb attack hasn't taken place, doesn't mean it never will. Especially when we know that groups like Al Qaeda are so focused on obtaining those kinds of weapons.

So they have, yet they've managed to kill so few people. That's gross incompetence.

TM: So they have, yet they've managed to kill so few people. That's gross incompetence.

The Battle of Bolimow in 1915 saw the first use of poison gas. It killed nobody as the gas was affected by the -40C temperatures. Gross incompetence.

However...as I'm sure even you're aware...the Germans (and Allies for that matter) got much much better at launching gas attacks on enemy positions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poison_gas_in_World_War_I