Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums

Islamification of Toronto?


Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, turningrite said:

They're both dead now, so I can't ask them to explain their thinking at the time, but you may be correct that they didn't want to be labelled as racists, or perhaps more accurately xenophobes, which seems to be the reflexively standard response when anybody points out shortcomings associated with our immigration and/or refugee programs. My point, though, is that if everybody remained calm in the face of perceived cultural or racial aggression our society might be better off. My parents had no way to prove who vandalized their car, or why, so shouting their suspicions from the rooftops wouldn't have been fair. More recently, as in the false report that a young girl was attacked for wearing a hijab, sensationalist reportage has blown divisive issues out of proportion. And I still can't get my mind around microaggressions, where supposedly we can subconsciously discriminate base on our facial expressions or tone of voice. Who comes up with this stuff, and how does it help society?

The problem that we have is that no one in authority will say it as it is and say that it is the black gangs that are doing all the drive by shootings in Toronto these days. And these black gang members don't even care if there is some innocent bystander in the way. They will shoot them too without any hesitation. Most of these blacks immigrated here from many black countries and have decided that a life of crime is better in Canada than actually have to go and work for a living. Just saying. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wouldn't the tendency of those from a specific ethnic group to congregate be far more xenophobic than any concerns you might raise over it?

Let's set the record straight a bit: First of all, there is no such thing as a functioning economy or society that does NOT have some social policies that one could easily consider "socialistic".

Toronto and Vancouver provide excellent examples of the trend noted in your post. The 'ethnoburbs' (as they're sometimes called) and extended ethnic areas that characterize vast swathes of suburban To

7 hours ago, taxme said:

The problem that we have is that no one in authority will say it as it is and say that it is the black gangs that are doing all the drive by shootings in Toronto these days. And these black gang members don't even care if there is some innocent bystander in the way. They will shoot them too without any hesitation. Most of these blacks immigrated here from many black countries and have decided that a life of crime is better in Canada than actually have to go and work for a living. Just saying. 

Many of the young blacks being killed in and around Toronto are born and/or raised here. The gang issues that have emerged certainly present a conundrum. Targeted policing is interpreted as being inherently racist, which hinders a prevention approach. Even though high school students in some instances reportedly indicated a preference that police officers remain within their schools, for instance, activists have at least in some cases had these community-based programs terminated. Personally, I think much of the problem in the GTA focuses specifically on subsidized housing. I'm of the view that long-term subsidized housing should be available only to seniors and the disabled. Otherwise, it generates deleterious and intergenerational impacts that appear to be intractable.

Edited by turningrite
Link to post
Share on other sites

It is happening to the country not just toronto. The left wing have some weird obsession with Islam and feel a need to hand the country over to them or the sikhs. In 20 yrs if this is not stopped ,we will not recognize this country at all. Islam needs to be on  its own, not forcing its beliefs on other countries.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, turningrite said:

Many of the young blacks being killed in and around Toronto are born and/or raised here. The gang issues that have emerged certainly present a conundrum. Targeted policing is interpreted as being inherently racist, which hinders a prevention approach. Even though high school students in some instances reportedly indicated a preference that police officers remain within their schools, for instance, activists have at least in some cases had these community-based programs terminated. Personally, I think much of the problem in the GTA focuses specifically on subsidized housing. I'm of the view that long-term subsidized housing should be available only to seniors and the disabled. Otherwise, it generates deleterious and intergenerational impacts that appear to be intractable.

To hell with it if it --- appears --- to be racist. Call it as it is. If green people are massively killing blue people then say so and report it as so. This is political correctness and multiculturalism and diversity madness in action. This country is being destroyed by the lack of truth being reported to we the people by our left wing liberals and their liberal media. The liberal have no establishment have no problem talking about some black person winning an award for being a nice person but yet if they do anything bad well just ignore it for racist sake. Enough already and this bs nonsense. Works for me. :D

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/5/2018 at 2:54 PM, PIK said:

It is happening to the country not just toronto. The left wing have some weird obsession with Islam and feel a need to hand the country over to them or the sikhs. In 20 yrs if this is not stopped ,we will not recognize this country at all. Islam needs to be on  its own, not forcing its beliefs on other countries.

Right on, same in Europe.  Islam is the only religion/political system protected from criticism and debate. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, scribblet said:

Right on, same in Europe.  Islam is the only religion/political system protected from criticism and debate. 

All religions are suspect, imo. But we are free to participate or not as we wish.

In Canada, it's the bigoted attacks on people because of their religion that are problematic. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 months later...

I think the whole educational system is falling apart. People want their kids in private schools i wonder why we have an inbalanced immigration policy that is breaking down our society plain and simple. I think all this chatter is misdirected if we demand a more balanced imigration policy that does'nt cater to the flood of liberal supporters who promise these new comers everything under the sun which then places the burden on municipalities who can't house them or properly school them. Most of which have little education or can contribute to our society and a culture who  has 3x the child bearing rate over average. Don t get me wrong i am not against this statistic but this is creating a crisis. I feel sorry for all you liberal voters this has been in the works for a long time and a Liberal strategy to bring hundred of thousands more to buy loyal supporters.  Take a look at what George Soro's is doing around the world including USA to secure a socialist government under EU law read deeper. Trudeau is a puppet to the establishment if you want real change start at the top we cant afford to take care of our own yet our tax dollars are feeding an immigration policy that is unsustainable. I think Trump has the right idea I am not against immigration my Parents immigrated into Canada with nothing but hard work and dedication and paid for everything without government assistance. I think we need to choose our government wisely this coming election cause every vote will count to see any real change. Look at Faith Goldy's views 

Link to post
Share on other sites

ok i like how people like to twist words to stear a debate I think we all need to look back at history when the nazi's created the utlimate socialist party. And if you dont think thats where we are heading read more and lets have a constructive conversation. I am not here to waste anyones time and dont apreciate the bashing thats not very democratic.  All i am saying is that political parties lose their incentives to rule in the interest of citizens and the liberals have had their chance we need a change. If you are so concerned about your kids then we better teach them that socialism will kill us all.

Democrats have a more positive view of socialism than capitalism, poll finds. ... According to a Gallup poll published Monday, a majority of Democrats no longer hold a positive view of capitalism, while nearly 60 percent of them feel good about socialism
 
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Stanley Manley said:

ok i like how people like to twist words to stear a debate I think we all need to look back at history when the nazi's created the utlimate socialist party. And if you dont think thats where we are heading read more and lets have a constructive conversation. I am not here to waste anyones time and dont apreciate the bashing thats not very democratic.  All i am saying is that political parties lose their incentives to rule in the interest of citizens and the liberals have had their chance we need a change. If you are so concerned about your kids then we better teach them that socialism will kill us all.

Democrats have a more positive view of socialism than capitalism, poll finds. ... According to a Gallup poll published Monday, a majority of Democrats no longer hold a positive view of capitalism, while nearly 60 percent of them feel good about socialism
 

Schools and Universities don't teach the proven, historical (and current) failures of socialism - and the death and misery that comes from its policies. Socialism inevitably leads to a police state, because people who don't play along or compete with the state system must be stopped - one way or another. Socialism is like a giant monopoly, with barriers to entry "licenses", special permits, grants, subsidization, trade restrictions, quotas, tariffs. Even technology and innovation become the enemy.  Socialism - even in its milder "transitional" form, blunts the natural human tendencies to explore - to be the best that one can be - to be more than people expect you to be. Most millennials can't relate to the significance of the Berlin Wall. Germans - one of History's most industrious, proud people - could not make Socialism work and became nothing short of an enslaved state with its people locked in by force. The Leftist "Humanities" professors who have infested and infected Universities continue to "normalize" a romantic version of Socialist Utopia. Instead, they should be teaching the realities of Socialism's history - and the need to feed the human soul with aspirations.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally someone who is in favor of capitalism and i thank you for that analogy which i could' not agree more. The educational system is definitely corrupting our youth and all the while the nanny state is dictating a curriculum of deceit to the point youth are losing their identity as a people and as a country with no Canadian cultural values left. We have such rooted corruption to the highest levels that it is going to take a purge to bring this society back on its feet. This is not only happening here in this country but around the world. Kids today are discouraged and do not have the confidence to step up and make a difference instead they prefer to be mothered by government who will enslave them in the end and it is sad.  I think we need to stop these immigration policies of granting exceptional rights and privileges. This will be the only way to encourage real contributing citizens into the country instead of a socialistic population of liberal voters, and deliberate liberal ploy to buy votes and keep wages down. I dont see the government creating jobs for these new comers instead they are driving companies away. The prime mover of millions of Canadians into the socialist column has been the near complete dysfunctionality of contemporary Canadian capitalism. Where once the regulated, unionized and semi-socialized capitalism of the mid-20th century produced a vibrant middle class majority, the deregulated, deunionized and financialized capitalism of the past 35 years has produced record levels of inequality, a shrinking middle class, and scant economic opportunities along with record economic burdens for the young. Socialism is a alluring when you give up your freedoms for security but in the end you lose both. Dont be fooled  

Edited by Stanley Manley
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Stanley Manley said:

Finally someone who is in favor of capitalism and i thank you for that analogy which i could' not agree more. The educational system is definitely corrupting our youth and all the while the nanny state is dictating a curriculum of deceit to the point youth are losing their identity as a people and as a country with no Canadian cultural values left. We have such rooted corruption to the highest levels that it is going to take a purge to bring this society back on its feet. This is not only happening here in this country but around the world. Kids today are discouraged and do not have the confidence to step up and make a difference instead they prefer to be mothered by government who will enslave them in the end and it is sad.  I think we need to stop these immigration policies of granting exceptional rights and privileges. This will be the only way to encourage real contributing citizens into the country instead of a socialistic population of liberal voters, and deliberate liberal ploy to buy votes and keep wages down. I dont see the government creating jobs for these new comers instead they are driving companies away. The prime mover of millions of Canadians into the socialist column has been the near complete dysfunctionality of contemporary Canadian capitalism. Where once the regulated, unionized and semi-socialized capitalism of the mid-20th century produced a vibrant middle class majority, the deregulated, deunionized and financialized capitalism of the past 35 years has produced record levels of inequality, a shrinking middle class, and scant economic opportunities along with record economic burdens for the young. Socialism is a alluring when you give up your freedoms for security but in the end you lose both. Dont be fooled  

I believe the decline of the middle class in Western countries is an inherent and inexorable objective of corporate globalism. We're being fooled and misled in this country by governments that simply mask the serious impacts of globalism with ever more subsidy programs. We have created a permanent and growing subsidy class. Ultimately, of course, there won't be enough money to support this strategy. But governments want to distract us from the economic carnage of globalism with artificial narratives about things like racism, diversity and accommodation, where they and a chosen coterie set the terms of discussion. All commentary that undermines the directed narratives is deemed unacceptable, deplorable, or worse. Can democracy actually survive this nonsense?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2018 at 6:57 AM, Centerpiece said:

Schools and Universities don't teach the proven, historical (and current) failures of socialism - and the death and misery that comes from its policies. Socialism inevitably leads to a police state, because people who don't play along or compete with the state system must be stopped - one way or another. Socialism is like a giant monopoly, with barriers to entry "licenses", special permits, grants, subsidization, trade restrictions, quotas, tariffs. Even technology and innovation become the enemy.  Socialism - even in its milder "transitional" form, blunts the natural human tendencies to explore - to be the best that one can be - to be more than people expect you to be. Most millennials can't relate to the significance of the Berlin Wall. Germans - one of History's most industrious, proud people - could not make Socialism work and became nothing short of an enslaved state with its people locked in by force. The Leftist "Humanities" professors who have infested and infected Universities continue to "normalize" a romantic version of Socialist Utopia. Instead, they should be teaching the realities of Socialism's history - and the need to feed the human soul with aspirations.  

Liberalism, ,socialism, communism, political correctness, multiculturalism and the environmentalism movements and programs and agenda are slowly destroying Canada one day at a time and yet there are fools out there who seem to believe that those ism's are a way to go to solve the world's problems. How stupid can they be. None of those ism's have worked well anywhere in any country in the world and all have become a bloody mess to try to live and try to survive in. When one lives in a country that despises free speech, desires more taxes, and more government there will always be chaos and hunger and poverty. Just saying. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Many valid points but shitting on Muslims who live in Toronto simply because they are Muslim? There are plenty of Muslims that would agree with what many of you say and tell you they are not interested in ruling the city of getting special treatment. 

I am not comfortable generalizing all Muslims in one category. Their community is diverse in approach, attitude, religious and other beliefs. They don't all wish to be separate or impose themselves on anyone. That's an overstatement. There are aholes of every community in Toronto.

Even if there are black gangs shooting up the city in chaos as Taxme paints it what about the vast majority of blacks trying to make a living, pay their taxes and live no different than any of us. Do we write them all off?

I am not some bleeding heart apologist however a city is made up of many people and being respectful of all of them is the duty of the governments. Its one thing to say treat everyone the same. Its another to argue entire groups of people should be written off. I know Scribblet or PIK well enough to know they do not call on writing off whole groups of people and get what I say and there comments are I suppose politically incorrect for some but I know they have no problems with any one who follows the same rules.

Can't say the same for Taxme who has made it clear he considers entire groups of people he does not consider "white-English" acceptable. He always gets himself into such discussions getting a pass and mantelpiece to hang his agenda. Aint buyin it just like I didn't buy what Ernst Zundel tried to promulgate on people.

Whether people like it or not Toronto has over 90 ethnic communities and over 130 languages spoken and Spanish is now the no.2 language.

If it is a problem for many, they move to smaller communities. Problem is you better move North. The corridor from Montreal to Windsor is filling up with all kinds of visible minorities. There is a seismic shift of population from China, India and Africa underway and many are headed to Toronto.

As that continues frictions will rise. Don't ask me to encourage hatred or resentment of entire peoples. I engage in criticism of specific opinions and attitudes and not assume all people of the same group have them.

I have no problems with my Muslim next door neighbor. He can be dumb as hell but I have zero problems with him. Why would I? My neighbourhood is all "coloured". I have "coloured" children visit my home every day to bully me and play with my dogs. Its life. When there is an ahole its because they are an ahole not because they have caramel tone in their skin.

Then again I have issues with Toronto Maple Leaf fans. I mean I am happy for them after their years of suffering but some of them are a tad unrealistic about their defense. Ok so Mathews is a hockey God true,  but they should not run wild naked in my neighbourhood when he scores. Savages. Babcockian zealots. Shannonites. Dubakians. Bah.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rue said:

Many valid points but shitting on Muslims who live in Toronto simply because they are Muslim? There are plenty of Muslims that would agree with what many of you say and tell you they are not interested in ruling the city of getting special treatment. 

I am not comfortable generalizing all Muslims in one category. Their community is diverse in approach, attitude, religious and other beliefs. They don't all wish to be separate or impose themselves on anyone. That's an overstatement. There are aholes of every community in Toronto.

Even if there are black gangs shooting up the city in chaos as Taxme paints it what about the vast majority of blacks trying to make a living, pay their taxes and live no different than any of us. Do we write them all off?

I am not some bleeding heart apologist however a city is made up of many people and being respectful of all of them is the duty of the governments. Its one thing to say treat everyone the same. Its another to argue entire groups of people should be written off. I know Scribblet or PIK well enough to know they do not call on writing off whole groups of people and get what I say and there comments are I suppose politically incorrect for some but I know they have no problems with any one who follows the same rules.

Can't say the same for Taxme who has made it clear he considers entire groups of people he does not consider "white-English" acceptable. He always gets himself into such discussions getting a pass and mantelpiece to hang his agenda. Aint buyin it just like I didn't buy what Ernst Zundel tried to promulgate on people.

Whether people like it or not Toronto has over 90 ethnic communities and over 130 languages spoken and Spanish is now the no.2 language.

If it is a problem for many, they move to smaller communities. Problem is you better move North. The corridor from Montreal to Windsor is filling up with all kinds of visible minorities. There is a seismic shift of population from China, India and Africa underway and many are headed to Toronto.

As that continues frictions will rise. Don't ask me to encourage hatred or resentment of entire peoples. I engage in criticism of specific opinions and attitudes and not assume all people of the same group have them.

I have no problems with my Muslim next door neighbor. He can be dumb as hell but I have zero problems with him. Why would I? My neighbourhood is all "coloured". I have "coloured" children visit my home every day to bully me and play with my dogs. Its life. When there is an ahole its because they are an ahole not because they have caramel tone in their skin.

Then again I have issues with Toronto Maple Leaf fans. I mean I am happy for them after their years of suffering but some of them are a tad unrealistic about their defense. Ok so Mathews is a hockey God true,  but they should not run wild naked in my neighbourhood when he scores. Savages. Babcockian zealots. Shannonites. Dubakians. Bah.

I think our economic and political elites are very happy to see ethno-racial-cultural-religious divisions develop as these conflicts detract from any kind of cohesive reaction to the wrenching economic and social changes that are being imposed by the agenda of corporate globalism. These conflicts provide those in charge with a rationale to impose "solutions" that reinforce their broader agenda. The Western middle class is being eviscerated without much more than a whimper on the part of those being displaced, although we are seeing some pushback in places like France and America's rust belt. Perhaps my perspective, grounded in Marxian analytical logic, is old-fashioned in the context of today's progressives, who've sold out to post-intellectual neo-Marxian identitarianism. But I think it's the self-styled progressives who are being duped and transformed into useful idiots in support of an agenda they don't fully recognize or understand.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, turningrite said:

I think our economic and political elites are very happy to see ethno-racial-cultural-religious divisions develop as these conflicts detract from any kind of cohesive reaction to the wrenching economic and social changes that are being imposed by the agenda of corporate globalism. These conflicts provide those in charge with a rationale to impose "solutions" that reinforce their broader agenda. The Western middle class is being eviscerated without much more than a whimper on the part of those being displaced, although we are seeing some pushback in places like France and America's rust belt. Perhaps my perspective, grounded in Marxian analytical logic, is old-fashioned in the context of today's progressives, who've sold out to post-intellectual neo-Marxian identitarianism. But I think it's the self-styled progressives who are being duped and transformed into useful idiots in support of an agenda they don't fully recognize or understand.

Strongly agree.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2018 at 2:06 PM, turningrite said:

I believe the decline of the middle class in Western countries is an inherent and inexorable objective of corporate globalism. We're being fooled and misled in this country by governments that simply mask the serious impacts of globalism with ever more subsidy programs. We have created a permanent and growing subsidy class. Ultimately, of course, there won't be enough money to support this strategy. But governments want to distract us from the economic carnage of globalism with artificial narratives about things like racism, diversity and accommodation, where they and a chosen coterie set the terms of discussion. All commentary that undermines the directed narratives is deemed unacceptable, deplorable, or worse. Can democracy actually survive this nonsense?

It is very easy to blame the ultimate demise of Western democracies on socialistic policies and parties, but reality is the giant elephant in the room comes from what is assumed to be the political "right".  Remember the 1% movement that got squashed in the US due to lack of anybody knowing or caring WTF was wrong?  The incredible inequity of wealth distribution is a symptom of where capitalism has split into two components of use of money - actual capitalism whereby money is used to add value to resources, CREATING wealth from productive endeavour and Casino Capitalism doing nothing more than re-distributing wealth in an endless volley of speculative transactions that sees debt instruments, equities, synthetic instruments and entire companies traded in an upward inflationary spiral.  The latter is the playground of the globalist community (and others in finance) where investment is handled by institutions that end up with massive blocks of stock without actually earning it, and who then appoint boards of their own ilk who in turn hire finance friendly management that they corrupt with unbelievable compensation packages.  CEOs in sane times might have earned 10x other employees, but in today's business world, they are give each other massive blocks of stock from nothing more than showing up for work.  When you see execs in the tens and hundreds of millions a year, and occasionally BILLION$$!! you SHOULD know that something is really, really wrong.   The 1% movement could sense it, but not understand it.   THIS is what fuels the socialist agenda:  you can no longer get your share by working, so just tax the rich and give it to them from government - many of whom today actually DID simply rob their shareholders of the bux.

Until we understand this fundamental problem, we are doomed to keep running around in the same circle while the banksters continue to rob the world blind.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2018 at 5:40 PM, Stanley Manley said:

I think the whole educational system is falling apart.

...

 Take a look at what George Soro's ...

Ironically, I find that individuals who mention George Soros are the best example of education systems in collapse.  They tend to eschew mainstream media sources (which itself is fine) but replace them with rumour-mongering and conspiracy sites (which reflects a lack of critical thinking).  Soros mentions in particular are a marker of someone who reads bullshit fake news sites.

This list shows the top spenders and I believe Soros isn't in the top 10.  

https://www.opensecrets.org/news/2017/03/richest-billionaires-are-top-political-spenders/

Let's see if you can be as critical of your own habits are you are of the 'education system'.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2018 at 9:57 AM, Centerpiece said:

1. Schools and Universities don't teach the proven, historical (and current) failures of socialism - and the death and misery that comes from its policies. 

2. Socialism inevitably leads to a police state, because people who don't play along or compete with the state system must be stopped - one way or another.

 

1. Horseshit.  Are you saying that they don't teach that the Soviet Union failed ?  

2. Horseshit.  European and Canadian centrist socialism is alive and well.  Even China is doing better than many, with a state-controlled economy.

Superficial re-statement of myths we have read on these pages many times before.  Not interesting or helpful... 

 

And furthermore, what this has to do with Toronto and Islam is a riddle.  We are a mixed capitalist-socialist economy - open and liberal when it comes to economy and politics.  This is especially true when it comes to religious tolerance.  Liberal thought requires that we criticize and eject ridiculous ideas, which I am doing now.  You are welcome.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Horseshit.  Are you saying that they don't teach that the Soviet Union failed ?  

2. Horseshit.  European and Canadian centrist socialism is alive and well.  Even China is doing better than many, with a state-controlled economy.

Superficial re-statement of myths we have read on these pages many times before.  Not interesting or helpful... 

 

And furthermore, what this has to do with Toronto and Islam is a riddle.  We are a mixed capitalist-socialist economy - open and liberal when it comes to economy and politics.  This is especially true when it comes to religious tolerance.  Liberal thought requires that we criticize and eject ridiculous ideas, which I am doing now.  You are welcome.

 

Let's set the record straight a bit:

First of all, there is no such thing as a functioning economy or society that does NOT have some social policies that one could easily consider "socialistic".  Sick care and social welfare being at the very top of those lists.

I would really like to hear/read the official Canadian public education position on the FSU.  I don't doubt they teach THAT it failed, I would just like to know if and what they teach about WHY it failed.  Similarly for China.   Yes, the CPC currently rules there, but one's history knowledge would be very inaccurate if it did not specifically teach that the Great Leap Forward was a failure in policy and administration that resulted in the death of as many as one hundred million Chinese - I believe the greatest single human tragedy in the history of the world - conveniently ignored by the CPC and left of the West.  If there was any such thing as accurate portrayal of the facts, Current Events classes would point out that the suffering and economic collapse of Venezuela is 100% the result of prosecution of a Bolivarian socialist strategy and policy for that country.   Also worth noting that anything that even vaguely close to the reasons that China is doing so well is the fact that it's Communist government has seized (and manipulated mercilessly) the capitalistic policies of the developed world and has been permitted to exploit the open markets of said capitalist economies.

How does that related to Islam in Hogtown?   I think you need to distinguish very clearly between Liberal thought and liberal thought.  The latter is pretty much middle of the road Canadian.  Liberal thought seems to require complete disregard for anything that resembles the truth or reason.  Accommodating Islam is one thing, but putting on some kind of pedestal as a thing beyond criticism by mere mortal infidels is the kind of idiocy that comes from the immigration policies that invite ideologies that are in no way compatible with what WAS once Canada's tolerance and drives otherwise reasonable people into a polarized opposition to what THEY (i.e. WE) can clearly see is a HUGE mistake for our country.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Horseshit.  Are you saying that they don't teach that the Soviet Union failed ?  

2. Horseshit.  European and Canadian centrist socialism is alive and well.  Even China is doing better than many, with a state-controlled economy.

Superficial re-statement of myths we have read on these pages many times before.  Not interesting or helpful... 

 

And furthermore, what this has to do with Toronto and Islam is a riddle.  We are a mixed capitalist-socialist economy - open and liberal when it comes to economy and politics.  This is especially true when it comes to religious tolerance.  Liberal thought requires that we criticize and eject ridiculous ideas, which I am doing now.  You are welcome.

 

If you would have checked who and what I was replying to - you would have seen that it was completely on point. As for your comments:

2) Let's put aside your fondness for China for now. You obviously have confused Social Democracy with Socialism. The Scandinavian countries are good examples - free markets with very little government owned enterprises with lots of social support systems - not unlike Canada. Pure (poor choice of words) Socialism is where the government has all the answers - and owns all the factories and businesses - like East Germany did. I use East Germany as an example because it evolved right beside West Germany and juxtaposed Socialism against a Democracy - same people, same culture, same values - but a completely different outcome. European countries are not "Socialist countries" - they are Social Democracies. Be concerned if any government starts ideologically nationalizing companies. 

1) They might teach about the fall of the USSR - but not the dangers of the creeping encroachment of Big Brother as industries are nationalized and government incrementally starts to control every aspect of one's life. North Korea is a present day example, as was the USSR of course. China is making small steps to unwind SOME of the state control but that's in it's infancy and it's basically the Wild West in some ways. It's important that kids understand the difference. A path to that government-controlled Socialism is one that leads to the lowest common denominator - and ultimately to that police state - that you see in China. Tianemnan Square wasn't THAT long ago. Call good government anything you want - but the French may have said it best - Liberty, Equality, Fraternity.......

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cannuck said:

It is very easy to blame the ultimate demise of Western democracies on socialistic policies and parties, but reality is the giant elephant in the room comes from what is assumed to be the political "right".  Remember the 1% movement that got squashed in the US due to lack of anybody knowing or caring WTF was wrong?  The incredible inequity of wealth distribution is a symptom of where capitalism has split into two components of use of money - actual capitalism whereby money is used to add value to resources, CREATING wealth from productive endeavour and Casino Capitalism doing nothing more than re-distributing wealth in an endless volley of speculative transactions that sees debt instruments, equities, synthetic instruments and entire companies traded in an upward inflationary spiral.  The latter is the playground of the globalist community (and others in finance) where investment is handled by institutions that end up with massive blocks of stock without actually earning it, and who then appoint boards of their own ilk who in turn hire finance friendly management that they corrupt with unbelievable compensation packages.  CEOs in sane times might have earned 10x other employees, but in today's business world, they are give each other massive blocks of stock from nothing more than showing up for work.  When you see execs in the tens and hundreds of millions a year, and occasionally BILLION$$!! you SHOULD know that something is really, really wrong.   The 1% movement could sense it, but not understand it.   THIS is what fuels the socialist agenda:  you can no longer get your share by working, so just tax the rich and give it to them from government - many of whom today actually DID simply rob their shareholders of the bux.

Until we understand this fundamental problem, we are doomed to keep running around in the same circle while the banksters continue to rob the world blind.

The systemic problems of modern capitalism are certainly worth discussing. That some governments, including our own, have become so enamored of a form of globalism that seeks the marginalize the ability of nation states to protect their own citizens should cause those who actually believe in democracy to shudder. One of the big concerns about modern capitalism is the decline of actual competition. Monopoly and oligopoly have become its goals. This trend is now being acknowledged by economic analysts in the developed world. Further, the rise of state-sponsored competition from the developing world is exacerbating the situation. I tend to apply Marxian methodology to my analyses of these issues and think it would be helpful were more academics to put aside their prejudices and do so as well. Understanding Marx's views on monopoly capitalism might lead us to find practical solutions to it as it did in the post WWII era when we adopted the mixed-market capitalist model. An incoherent neo-Marxian academic perspective, which I'm sure Marx would abhor, has emerged in the vacuum that since developed. We need to honestly, rationally and intellectually analyze the current economic model before it leads to its logical objective, which is to neutralize democracy.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, turningrite said:

The systemic problems of modern capitalism are certainly worth discussing. That some governments, including our own, have become so enamored of a form of globalism that seeks the marginalize the ability of nation states to protect their own citizens should cause those who actually believe in democracy to shudder. One of the big concerns about modern capitalism is the decline of actual competition. Monopoly and oligopoly have become its goals. This trend is now being acknowledged by economic analysts in the developed world. Further, the rise of state-sponsored competition from the developing world is exacerbating the situation. I tend to apply Marxian methodology to my analyses of these issues and think it would be helpful were more academics to put aside their prejudices and do so as well. Understanding Marx's views on monopoly capitalism might lead us to find practical solutions to it as it did in the post WWII era when we adopted the mixed-market capitalist model. An incoherent neo-Marxian academic perspective, which I'm sure Marx would abhor, has emerged in the vacuum that since developed. We need to honestly, rationally and intellectually analyze the current economic model before it leads to its logical objective, which is to neutralize democracy.

It's fascinating watching so many right-wingers wake up from their comas.

It's too little too late though, the damage is pretty much irreversible now

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2018 at 2:40 PM, Stanley Manley said:

I think the whole educational system is falling apart. People want their kids in private schools i wonder why we have an inbalanced immigration policy that is breaking down our society plain and simple. I think all this chatter is misdirected if we demand a more balanced imigration policy that does'nt cater to the flood of liberal supporters who promise these new comers everything under the sun which then places the burden on municipalities who can't house them or properly school them. Most of which have little education or can contribute to our society and a culture who  has 3x the child bearing rate over average. Don t get me wrong i am not against this statistic but this is creating a crisis. I feel sorry for all you liberal voters this has been in the works for a long time and a Liberal strategy to bring hundred of thousands more to buy loyal supporters.  Take a look at what George Soro's is doing around the world including USA to secure a socialist government under EU law read deeper. Trudeau is a puppet to the establishment if you want real change start at the top we cant afford to take care of our own yet our tax dollars are feeding an immigration policy that is unsustainable. I think Trump has the right idea I am not against immigration my Parents immigrated into Canada with nothing but hard work and dedication and paid for everything without government assistance. I think we need to choose our government wisely this coming election cause every vote will count to see any real change. Look at Faith Goldy's views 

It would appear as though Faith Goldy's views on immigration are starting to resonate with some Canadians today. It has nothing to do with being anti-immigrant but more to do with the massive amounts of new immigrants being brought into western countries. That George Soros scum bag has been financing and is a part of the immigration problem and of the massive non western immigration of people from the non western nations and into western nations that has been going on in all the western countries of the world for decades now. That piece of crap hates the western world and wants to destroy it. That fool need to be taken down. Soros is a traitor to our western culture and traditions and and he spends billions on trying to destroy our western way of life and how we do things. Soros and Trudeau are buddies and they both hate our western way of life. They both need to go before it is too late to do anything about their traitorous behaviours. Hopefuly, that prime mistake of ours will be gone in the next election. Another four years of that fool and Canada for sure will not exist anymore as we know it today. It is already changing for the worse now. Another four more years of that disaster Trudeau will in the end be a disaster for the host British/European Canadians and Canada. It will be the end of Canada. Muslims have a high rate of having children and that could spell disaster for Canada and for the host British/European Canadians. The warning is there now. Read it now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, turningrite said:

The systemic problems of modern capitalism are certainly worth discussing. That some governments, including our own, have become so enamored of a form of globalism that seeks the marginalize the ability of nation states to protect their own citizens should cause those who actually believe in democracy to shudder. One of the big concerns about modern capitalism is the decline of actual competition. Monopoly and oligopoly have become its goals. This trend is now being acknowledged by economic analysts in the developed world. Further, the rise of state-sponsored competition from the developing world is exacerbating the situation. I tend to apply Marxian methodology to my analyses of these issues and think it would be helpful were more academics to put aside their prejudices and do so as well. Understanding Marx's views on monopoly capitalism might lead us to find practical solutions to it as it did in the post WWII era when we adopted the mixed-market capitalist model. An incoherent neo-Marxian academic perspective, which I'm sure Marx would abhor, has emerged in the vacuum that since developed. We need to honestly, rationally and intellectually analyze the current economic model before it leads to its logical objective, which is to neutralize democracy.

George Soros is no friend of Canada or Canadians but real buddies with king Trudeau though. George Soros and the king are threats to Canada and the host British/European Canadians. That piece of crap hates the western world and wants to destroy it as fast as he can before those British/European people's of Canada and the rest of the world wake up to his threat to wanting to destroy their western civilization. Soros and communism go hand in hand. :unsure:

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, eyeball said:

It's fascinating watching so many right-wingers wake up from their comas.

It's too little too late though, the damage is pretty much irreversible now

It's too bad that the leftist social justice warrior liberals and socialists do not wake up from their coma. They are the reason why the likes of George Soros and even King Trudeau are getting their way of trying to destroy our British/European western way of life. It is the right wingers who have been trying to ring the warning bell for decades now and all we ever get is being called names like Nazi's and racists. Those fools mentioned above are trying to help set up a world where they also will be the losers in the end, the bloody stupid fools. They are being used and they cannot figure that one out. The fools that helped set up communism in 1917 in Russia were used to achieve the goal of communism in Russia and many were later discarded after the revolution by the leaders of communism themselves took over. If the people want slavery than vote for communism. If they want freedom than vote for the "right wingers". It's that simple. Sometimes the people are their own worse enemy. :rolleyes:

Edited by taxme
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements




  • Tell a friend

    Love Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
×
×
  • Create New...