Political Discussion Forums
bush_cheney2004

Why is Canada's Suicide Rate Higher

It doesn't have anything to do with "happiness". Protestants are more likely to kill themselves than Roman Catholics. There's variation within religions as well. It has to do with the level of social integration and regulation when you're looking at these rates on a macro level. You can't switch your level of analysis to the micro by asking an individual about their personal level of happiness.

I bet he would have some interesting things to say about the spiritual side of what makes one seek suicide.

Edited by sharkman

...clearly suicides by means other than forearms increased since the 1990's.

I'm trying to figure out how "suicides by ... forearms" works. :lol:

Guest American Woman

Cute video. Still ignores the fact that suicides are down.

Down in what year from what year? And in all age groups? And what about the years in between? And how do other factors figure in - unemployment rates, etc., that affect suicide rates?

I'm trying to figure out how "suicides by ... forearms" works. :lol:

Then one can only assume that you spend a lot of time "trying to figure out" your own posts. B)

Down in what year from what year? And in all age groups? And what about the years in between? And how do other factors figure in - unemployment rates, etc., that affect suicide rates?

How about you read the thread before asking questions that have already been thoroughly answered.

Guest American Woman

How about you read the thread before asking questions that have already been thoroughly answered.

I did read through it, and there were no satisfactory answers to my questions, so I thought I'd provide another opportunity for someone to provide them - but I can't say that I'm surprised that you're blowing it off.

I did read through it, and there were no satisfactory answers to my questions, so I thought I'd provide another opportunity for someone to provide them - but I can't say that I'm surprised that you're blowing it off.

You're the one that's blowing off the answers, which is typical. That's what you do in every thread where the answers don't align perfectly with your ideological bias. Every single question you asked is addressed either through the posts that have been made or the links provided. Go back and read the thread again. Maybe have someone read the thread to you, if that helps. Edited by cybercoma

Guest American Woman

You're the one that's blowing off the answers, which is typical.

I'm not "blowing off the answers" at all. The "answers" don't tell what I'm asking.

That's what you do in every thread where the answers don't align perfectly with your ideological bias.

Oh do tell. What is my "ideological bias" regarding suicides in Canada? There aren't enough :rolleyes: 's for that.

Every single question you asked is addressed either through the posts that have been made or the links provided. Go back and read the thread again. Maybe have someone read the thread to you, if that helps.

Then once again, if that's all there is, the "answers" don't say what's being claimed regarding the overall picture. I repeat. I was giving someone another opportunity to address my questions for that reason. Go back and read what I said in the post you quoted in your response, or maybe have someone read it to you if that helps - but somehow I doubt it would. ;)

Edited by American Woman