Political Discussion Forums

Transgender Discrimination in Canada

CTV reports that a Miss Universe Canada finalist has been disqualified because of sexual reassignment surgery:

She may look every bit the part of a beauty queen, but Jenna Talackova has lost her chance for the crown because she was born a biological male.

The 23-year-old Miss Universe Canada finalist was disqualified from the competition after it was discovered she had undergone sexual reassignment surgery,

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/03/24/transgender-miss-universe_n_1377147.html

Where are "Charter Rights" when a girl needs them? Time to lawyer up for a big payday!

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you say so it must be true for all like minded bigots in Canada.

You don't have to be a "bigot" to know it has no fallopian tube, ovaries, periods

how can this person take part in a pageant for females while missing the key components of a female?

If this happened in the US youd agree with their decision too

Edited by stopstaaron

You don't have to be a "bigot" to know it has no fallopian tube, ovaries, periods

how can this person take part in a pageant for females while missing the key components of a female?

So a female who has undergone hyterectomy would also be disqualified? How about a an amputee so popular in Penthouse Forum Letters of the 1970's? (That's a joke that only older members will get.)

If this happened in the US youd agree with their decision too

No I wouldn't...and it happened in Canada...for real.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

If a person is born female shes welcomed to enter a competition meant for females

But you just said "she" must have specific factory parts....are you changing your bigoted definition upon being challenged?

It lied on its application because it knew it didnt meet the requirements

that's all there is to it

Maybe...doctors will support her side of the story in court.

You are what you type....just admit you screwed up and move on. Sweet dreams....

how did I screw up?! It lied on its application form .. it knew it did not meet the requirements upon entry

which is basically it admitting it was wrong to enter

Edited by stopstaaron

how did I screw up?! It lied on its application form .. it knew it did not meet the requirements upon entry

which is basically it admitting it was wrong to enter

Can't sleep, huh? You stated that contestants had to have ovaries, fellopian tubes, periods, etc., when clearly this is not the case.

Can't sleep, huh? You stated that contestants had to have ovaries, fellopian tubes, periods, etc., when clearly this is not the case.

National director of Miss Universe Canada Denis Davila told the Toronto Star that while they consider Talackova to be a "real girl," Miss Universe rules stipulate that contestants must be a “naturally born female.”

National director of Miss Universe Canada Denis Davila told the Toronto Star that while they consider Talackova to be a "real girl," Miss Universe rules stipulate that contestants must be a “naturally born female.”

Stop dodging....those rules would not disqualify a contestant after having a hysterectomy or being born without a uterus.

Stop dodging....those rules would not disqualify a contestant after having a hysterectomy or being born without a uterus.

" Miss Universe rules stipulate that contestants must be a “naturally born female.”

In an interview posted on YouTube, she describes herself as having identified as a woman at four-years-old, beginning hormone therapy at 14. She had her reassignment operation at 19.

" Miss Universe rules stipulate that contestants must be a “naturally born female.”

In an interview posted on YouTube, she describes herself as having identified as a woman at four-years-old, beginning hormone therapy at 14. She had her reassignment operation at 19.

Hey, we can read all that for ourselves in the provided links. Do you still maintain that contestants must have ovaries, fellopian tubes, and periods? Or do you still want to play this game?

Hey, we can read all that for ourselves in the provided links. Do you still maintain that contestants must have ovaries, fellopian tubes, and periods? Or do you still want to play this game?

The rules state they must be naturally born females not surgically and chemically altered into females

I didn't make the rules and neither did you

plus if you lie on your application form that is grounds for disqualification in any contest

The rules state they must be naturally born females not surgically and chemically altered into females

I didn't make the rules and neither did you

Look, all "naturally born females" do not have ovaries, fellopian tubes, or periods. Get it?

plus if you lie on your application form that is grounds for disqualification in any contest

Not if the application is found to be legally discriminatory and in violation of Charter Rights. Far stranger things have happened in Canada.

You can't make me join your bigoted perspective. Ovaries and periods are not mandatory to be female.

I have no ill feelings towards transgender people but the person lied on the application

and did not meet the requirements of the pageant

maybe it can go on the transgender pageants? I'm sure they exist