Political Discussion Forums
TheNewTeddy

Syrian Civil War

On 10/20/2018 at 6:34 PM, DogOnPorch said:

When in doubt, blame Israel for Arab bellicosity. 

If Israel wants to bomb Syria then they can handle any criticism of said bombing. Unless you want to call me a Nazi loving Jew hater again.

On 4/20/2018 at 4:49 PM, taxme said:

I only asked you a simple question. Who here is obsessed with Nazism anyway? 

I'll give you three guesses as to who.... (check the first reply in this post)

1 hour ago, GostHacked said:

If Israel wants to bomb Syria then they can handle any criticism of said bombing. Unless you want to call me a Nazi loving Jew hater again.

You were denying the presence of Iranian troops in Syria...how cute!

1 hour ago, GostHacked said:

You're also free to provide a quote on that claim.

5 hours ago, GostHacked said:

A 2012 post. It would appear as though those members have left the building years ago. Where did they go? 

Edited by taxme

Interesting development.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/19/politics/us-syria-withdrawal/index.html

And Assad remains in power.  As expected.  

Washington (CNN)Planning is underway for a "full" and "rapid" withdrawal of US troops from Syria, a US defense official told CNN Wednesday.

The decision, which would be a reversal from previously stated US policy, was made by President Donald Trump, who has long signaled his desire to get out of Syria, the official added.
On Wednesday morning, the President tweeted, "we have defeated ISIS in Syria, my only reason for being there during the Trump Presidency."
Even though the US will continue to maintain troops in Iraq with the capability of launching strikes into Syria, a US withdrawal of ground forces would fulfill a major goal of Syria, Iran and Russia and risks diminishing US influence in the region.

I think they have to admit defeat now and simply suck it up and pull out.  Actually I agree with Trump on this matter. About freakin time. 

1 hour ago, TTM said:

It was what Russia wanted.

That is expected as Russia is an ally of Syria.  It's no different than the USA wanting to stand up for another ally which is just as tyrannical, Saudi Arabia.  Which we all know now Saudi Arabia and the USA was actually helping ISIS out in Syria.

So good on the USA for pulling it's terrorists out of Syria.

Trump said he removes all American troops from Syria.
----------------------------------
When the Russian patriots remove the "Дерьмо-Путин", then we will close forever this "project America on the island" America "

In the 19th century, Russians studied French ....
Russia defeated Napoleon Bonoparta and invaded France and Paris ....
-----------------------
In the 20th century, Russians learned German ....
Russia defeated Hitler and conquered Germany and Berlin ....
-----------------------
In the 21st century, Russians studied English ....
I believe that the territory of "America", we will close ..

Хотите повторить?

Russia is an oligarchy and barely rates as a free democracy.  It has a small GDP for the size of its population.  The people are fairly well educated, but most Russians live the way our lower classes do, in public housing-type prefabricated concrete towers.  The country has some bright spots with its athletics and space program, but it's got a lot of problems.  Sure, you can invade more countries, but then you have to manage these territories with hostile locals.  Knock yourself out.  It didn't go well in the Baltic Republics under the Soviets.  Why make the same mistakes?

On 12/20/2018 at 10:41 AM, Zeitgeist said:

Russia is an oligarchy and barely rates as a free democracy.  It has a small GDP for the size of its population.  The people are fairly well educated, but most Russians live the way our lower classes do, in public housing-type prefabricated concrete towers.  The country has some bright spots with its athletics and space program, but it's got a lot of problems.  Sure, you can invade more countries, but then you have to manage these territories with hostile locals.  Knock yourself out.  It didn't go well in the Baltic Republics under the Soviets.  Why make the same mistakes?

The underpinning political dynamic is Revanchism; "the policy of seeking to retaliate, particularly as to lost territory"

This has led to the rise in Russia of a political class known as the Siloviki; "Security Men"

This class operates by Praetorianism; "military despotic regime"

As a result the policy of the Kremlin is to reclaim lost territory in the Russian near abroad and to restore Hegemonic influence with former Soviet client states such as Syria, which in their view was lost to the American led North Atlantic Treaty Organization upon said Hegenomy's asymmetrical defeat of the Soviet Union by economic warfare.

Thus, the actions undertaken to invade and occupy territory is not mistaken per se, but rather operations underpinning a strategic objective, sound military strategy by default, in pursuit of what are achievable objectives within an historically viable and proven military strategy for Hegemonic supremacy, regional or otherwise.