Political Discussion Forums

Sure it is. It's rather childish...but I suspect you've had a few tonight to make you go so far as to actually resort to name-calling. That's a defense I can accept.

Yeah, who knows what really goes on. He used the same name calling phrase in two different threads, an obvious troll attempt.

Edited by sharkman
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The West is the centre of the world's enlightenment and far more advanced in its human rights and treatment of other nations than anywhere else. It is, in fact, the freest, kindest, most enlightened s

I agree that if big business is the only beneficiary of action then it should not be done.

I can't believe people posting and opposing attack on Bashir Assad's bases!!!!. Wake up people who are claiming to defend the defenseless. Responsible for chemical attacks or not, Bashir Assad is a pr

Only to you because youre an ethnocentric zealot that hates them all. In the real world though these groups are not the same at all.

No, he's right. The current government of the Palestinians is Hamas. There is no difference between them and Hezbollah. None.

Based on what Im reading, Syria will have to hand over its facilities, all of its chemicals, precursors, and binary elements, and sign the Chem Weapons convention. Like I said, theres no perfect solution, but this acheives way more than the other options on the table so far.

And the bottom line is, Obama got his ass handed to him by Putin, who neatly outmanoeuvred him. It was a master stroke that completely changed the momentum, deep sixed any congress support for military strikes and put the reins of the region in Putin's hands. So much for the "bored looking schoolboy in the back of the classroom"(actual quote that Obama said about Putin to the press on Aug 9).

Obama has completely underestimated Putin, and this brings into question his judgement on all international matters, as if the red line in the sand quote didn't blow up in his face bad enough.

And the bottom line is, Obama got his ass handed to him by Putin, who neatly outmanoeuvred him. It was a master stroke that completely changed the momentum, deep sixed any congress support for military strikes and put the reins of the region in Putin's hands. So much for the "bored looking schoolboy in the back of the classroom"(actual quote that Obama said about Putin to the press on Aug 9).

Obama has completely underestimated Putin, and this brings into question his judgement on all international matters, as if the red line in the sand quote didn't blow up in his face bad enough.

Theres no question that Obama has provided his opponents with some good political ammunition.

But at the end of the day, if this plan works, not only will it do a lot more than to make further use of chemical weapons less likely in the conflict but it will save the US 100's of millions of dollars. And Obamas supporters can claim it was his threats of force that made it happen.

Theres no question that Obama has provided his opponents with some good political ammunition.

But at the end of the day, if this plan works, not only will it do a lot more than to make further use of chemical weapons less likely in the conflict but it will save the US 100's of millions of dollars. And Obamas supporters can claim it was his threats of force that made it happen.

Political ammunition? Things are much more serious than a few talking points and approval numbers.

Indeed. It really was Putin's Gettysburg Address in terms of keeping the foreign intervention well back.

Putin is nothing more than a thug. Hearing him lecture on the need to respect international law is hysterical. This is the guy who provided not only arms but advisors to rebels in Georgia, then invaded the country when Georgia attempted to bring them to heel.

Edited by Argus

Putin is nothing more than a thug. Hearing him lecture on the need to respect international law is hysterical. This is the guy who provided not only arms but advisors to rebels in Georgia, then invaded the country when Georgia attempted to bring them to heel.

All of these major military powers and their leaders are a bunch of thugs.

A clever thug.

Complete nonsense. That's the lazy anti-critical thinking cop out. The moral equivalence bs were used to hearing from the far leftwing.

Putin is the man right now. He's the star of the international scene. Obama looks like a bit of a fool compared to this guy. If this plan works and all parties follow through, Putin will probably get a Nobel Peace Prize for this. Putin is still a total prick, and I don't trust him, but I think this plan may be in Russia's best interests too.

Complete nonsense. That's the lazy anti-critical thinking cop out. The moral equivalence bs were used to hearing from the far leftwing.

No thats the result of looking objectively at how all these countries behave and not just cheering for the "home team".

No thats the result of looking objectively at how all these countries behave and not just cheering for the "home team".

To suggest that Obama is no different than Assad is bat sh*t crazy. And I'm no fan of Obama. Your premise is absurd times a million.

To suggest that Obama is no different than Assad is bat sh*t crazy. And I'm no fan of Obama. Your premise is absurd times a million.

Not sure what you are on about here. I dont consider to be a major military power. It seems that you have a hard time following a simple conversation in English?

Exactly, and what does it say about Obama that he got outmanoeuvred by a thug?

Not sure what you are on about here. I dont consider to be a major military power. It seems that you have a hard time following a simple conversation in English?

Lol, trying to understand this post is anything but simple English. Regardless, Obama isn't anything close to the likes of Putin, etc. that's bat sh*t crazy.

Putin is the man right now. He's the star of the international scene. Obama looks like a bit of a fool compared to this guy. If this plan works and all parties follow through, Putin will probably get a Nobel Peace Prize for this. Putin is still a total prick, and I don't trust him, but I think this plan may be in Russia's best interests too.

I think Putin is playing a little heavy, and calling Obama's bluff. This shows Putin is clearly batting for Assad and the military. It's a bold political move and has stave off the dogs of war for now. The rebels oppose this proposal, which seems dumb. Sure does not get rid of Assad, but can be a nice opening for real diplomatic solution.

That's like saying there's no difference between Hitler and Stephen Harper. They're both rude after all!

Putin has murdered or imprisoned anyone who opposed him, stolen tens of billions of dollars, and started at least two wars in which his forces which killed tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of people. So no, they're NOT all the same.

Edited by Argus

Putin could very well represent the future of governance on this planet. Even in our society governance is becoming more hard-nosed and hard-edged, much to the glee of many who relish politicians who promise to crack down and get tough...on all sorts of things. I think a lot of western politicians are probably jealous of the ability of Putin to rule the way he does and given the number of sycophants to authority in our society I don't think it will be long before they get the free pass Putin seems to wield.

It's all just a part of the race to the bottom and governments and societies that have to worry about politics seem doomed to fall behind those who don't. Corruption makes the world go around faster and nothing concentrates power or wealth faster which seems to be the rabbit everyone's chasing.

That's like saying there's no difference between Hitler and Stephen Harper. They're both rude after all!

Putin has murdered or imprisoned anyone who opposed him, stolen tens of billions of dollars, and started at least two wars in which his forces which killed tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of people. So no, they're NOT all the same.

I never said they were the same, Id wager it would take a team of accountants to find out how those two nations compare in the number of people killed, number of wars started etc.