Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The West is the centre of the world's enlightenment and far more advanced in its human rights and treatment of other nations than anywhere else. It is, in fact, the freest, kindest, most enlightened s

I agree that if big business is the only beneficiary of action then it should not be done.

I can't believe people posting and opposing attack on Bashir Assad's bases!!!!. Wake up people who are claiming to defend the defenseless. Responsible for chemical attacks or not, Bashir Assad is a pr

On ‎2017‎-‎06‎-‎27 at 9:48 AM, GostHacked said:

Well that's interesting that NATO is warning a chemical attack is coming. How would they know this? :D  I mean they have not been able to pin the last two chemical attacks on Assad (anyone with a brain cell can figure that crap out).  

I suspect a few more bombs coming Assad's way.  Six years later and he is still in power no matter what NATO does via terrorist rebels inside Syria.

A Zionist must have told them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Rue said:

Absolute diaheria. Netanyahu was dead against Obama or the US getting involved in Syria. To suggest it has cooperated and been involved with the US in Syria is sewage.

In fact it now has a naval alliance with China and a not so subtle agreement with Russia over Syria precisely because it disagreed with what the US under Obama was doing in Syria. Israel warned Erdogan and Obama not to arm and create a Muslim Brotherhood army to overthrow Ghaddafi and Assad warning it would back fire on them. That is fact, public fact.

However I have seen some news articles indicating that Israel is doing limited strikes within Syria after some mortars crossed into Israel. I am really surprised that ISIS et al are only going after other Arab/Muslim nations and not going after Israel in the M.E. (this is not taking into account the attacks ISIS claims in Europe and other parts of the world)

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

For some reason you think the Russians will stop their buddy Assad. Wrong. pal.

Russians are supplying the goddamned chemicals. No way they're going to stop him.

If there's any reason to believe someone will try to stop the Russians I'd like to hear it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, eyeball said:

If there's any reason to believe someone will try to stop the Russians I'd like to hear it.

 

Syria has traditionally been an ad hoc Warsaw Pact client state going back to the days of the Cold War. See: Tartus...no it isn't the Doctor's phone booth.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes his father Hafez Assad was very close to Soviets and a murderer too. Like father like son.

Armed with Soviet Weaponry to teeth but every single time defeated badly by Israelis especially in the war of air power. It is the brain that Syrian army is lacking not the weapons!!!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Yes his father Hafez Assad was very close to Soviets and a murderer too. Like father like son.

Armed with Soviet Weaponry to teeth but every single time defeated badly by Israelis especially in the war of air power. It is the brain that Syrian army is lacking not the weapons!!!! 

Mole Cricket 19 (1982) was actually a contributing factor to the ultimate fall of the Soviet Union. So poorly did the Syrians do against the Israelis. 90-0 shot down or something close to that. If top shelf Soviet gear...designed for 3rd World use...couldn't even muster a single kill...something was amiss! 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes I remember that clearly. I don't think it was 90-0 but something very disastrous for Syrians and Soviets. These bastards (Syrian pilots) are good at killing defenseless civilians on the ground but are useless cowards when they face real combatants!!!!!. Down with Syrian regime and Down with Russia.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015
Link to post
Share on other sites

86-0 and 29 SAM sites....

And Israel was being kind. They could have given Syria...an interloper helping the PLO... the royal rhubarb at that point...uncontested air superiority.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

 

Syria has traditionally been an ad hoc Warsaw Pact client state going back to the days of the Cold War. See: Tartus...no it isn't the Doctor's phone booth.

Bully for Syria. What about the American tradition of never standing up to Russia?  I'd say go see the Sixth Fleet but why bother?

And they just don't make dictators, warlords and freedom terrorists the way they used to so...sux to be the good guy.

Edited by eyeball
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Bully for Syria. What about the American tradition of never standing up to Russia?  I'd say go see the Sixth Fleet but why bother?

 

 

Syria...Iraq...Egypt plus a number of other smaller players were all armed for free by the Soviet Union as long as they catered to Soviet interests. And they did...

All the various US fleets existed before Islamic terrorism became an issue. They were for standing-up to the USSR....though some date-back to WW2...timeline wise. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Syria worked overtime to build up a big karma payback (see Lebanon), and is now reaping its just reward.

 

 

 

Time left Syria standing at the bus stop with newspapers flipping by in the breeze.

Should have signed that sweet Camp David Accords....billions a year...every year.

Edited by DogOnPorch
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, eyeball said:

Like I said, why should I believe anyone will stand up to Russia, least of all the US or NATO?

 

Although you might prefer the idea of thermonuclear war with Russia, I doubt many others feel the same way.

The Cold War ended successfully. No nukes were needed. Thank goodness...as those bigger megaton devices are beyond frightening. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

 

Although you might prefer the idea of thermonuclear war with Russia, I doubt many others feel the same way.

The Cold War ended successfully. No nukes were needed. Thank goodness...as those bigger megaton devices are beyond frightening. 

I didn't end very successfully for millions upon millions of people who suffered under the heels of the dictatorships we deployed and then cowered behind in our defense.  The monsters and mutants emerging from the fallout of that is what's really frightening.

I think a few nukes might in fact have been be exactly what was needed back in the day. You know how they say their use can save millions of lives down the road.

Like I said, they don't make dictatorships the way they used to so what are you going to do now?

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, eyeball said:

I didn't end very successfully for millions upon millions of people who suffered under the heels of the dictatorships we deployed and then cowered behind in our defense.  The monsters and mutants emerging from the fallout of that is what's really frightening.

I think a few nukes might in fact have been be exactly what was needed back in the day. You know how they say their use can save millions of lives down the road.

Like I said, they don't make dictatorships the way they used to so what are you going to do now?

 

Again: nuclear war was the option to be avoided during the Cold War. They aren't just bigger bombs. When one goes off on or above the surface even far-far away, you're not safe. You still get a dose of strontium-90 (etc) put into your bones through the food chain. On your fishing boat, too...

I prefer Russia and the USA being chummy. Keeps Red China honest...let's hope. The Chinese still have 5 megaton city busters in their arsenal in spite of advances in accuracy...there's only one use for those babies. Putting the chop to LA, New York...etc.

The biggest nuclear threat now would be a revolution in Pakistan putting ISIS types in complete control of the nuclear weapons there. A smaller threat would be terrorists getting hold of a small weapon; 10 kt or so. Enough to burn the heart-out of a city but not enough to fry the planet. Would I want somebody to "intervene" if such a revolution in Pakistan took place? Or such a terrorist attack? You bet. 

 

Edited by DogOnPorch
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




  • Tell a friend

    Love Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
×
×
  • Create New...