Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

It was America's intervention which won the second world war against Nazis and the cold war against commies.

 

Not true....the allies (including the Soviets) won WW2.

But this thread is about Syria....not Nazis.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The West is the centre of the world's enlightenment and far more advanced in its human rights and treatment of other nations than anywhere else. It is, in fact, the freest, kindest, most enlightened s

I agree that if big business is the only beneficiary of action then it should not be done.

I can't believe people posting and opposing attack on Bashir Assad's bases!!!!. Wake up people who are claiming to defend the defenseless. Responsible for chemical attacks or not, Bashir Assad is a pr

21 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

Canada has no choice....weak nations usually don't.

If America is so weak, then Canada should stop being so economically and militarily dependent on the U.S.

Wanna stop the Americans (and French / British) in Syria ?

Then put together a coalition of smaller economies and militaries and try to stop them.    Whine to the UN.    Have Trudeau cry tears on the CBC.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Canada's government bitches and whines when Trump threatens to be isolationist.

If Canada and other countries got together and say to America to hell with your wars what is America going to do then? They would have no choice but to back off. But when Canada and other country leaders are told to get in there they do without a whimper or else. 

We do not need America to defend Canada. Why would we? Who is going to attack us anyway? Syria or Iraq? I doubt it. Canada and America both economically need each other as we both trade in billions between one another. Stop trading with Canada and millions of Americans would be out of work. Maybe even you? Stop making it feel like Canada needs America to survive. America also needs Canada to survive. America needs the rest of the world to survive. So quit with this the world needs America nonsense. If all the world banded together and say to America go screw yourself, Americans and you would be worse off than those we see in some parts of the third world where scrounging thru garbage dumps is a daily routine. 

Canada bitches and whines when there is a need to do so. America bitches and whines also. Even you can bitch at times. We all bitch that is because most of us are a bunch of bitches. :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

Not true...American support for Israel polls better than ever.

American support for Syria....not so much.

Putin couldn't stop Trump last year in Syria, and Putin couldn't stop Trump this year either.   Maybe next year ?

Forget about China....they haven't even figured out Taiwan yet.

1. It's called brainwashing. Americans are fed that bull every day that Israel is America best friend and needs American help and yet Israel has been caught spying on America for years. Even the FBI once called Israel a threat to America. Canadians would be Americas best friend also if the Americans gave 15 billion American tax dollars every year to Canadians The question now is who took that poll? Some pro-Israel organization? You still believe in polls? 

Again Americans are being led by the nose and are being told by the lying liberal globalist corporate MSM that Syria is a bad country. If it is such a bad country than what the hell is America doing wasting it's time and money on that small tiny country? Syria is no threat to mighty America, is it? I doubt it. 

But eventually Putin will be forced to have to stop America from attacking Syria. He will have no choice. And Putin has the backing of China because they have signed a pack together to help defend one another from any aggressor. So America will not only have Russia to deal with but they will have to deal with China also. America will not win that war. America will lose. 

China and Taiwan is another topic to maybe discuss about some time. For me, not today. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

Not true....the allies (including the Soviets) won WW2.

But this thread is about Syria....not Nazis.

I wonder what the world would be like today if the West joined up with Hitler and the West took on Stalinist Russia? Any comment? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, taxme said:

1. It's called brainwashing. Americans are fed that bull every day that Israel is America best friend and needs American help and yet Israel has been caught spying on America for years. Even the FBI once called Israel a threat to America. Canadians would be Americas best friend also if the Americans gave 15 billion American tax dollars every year to Canadians The question now is who took that poll? Some pro-Israel organization? You still believe in polls?

 

Off topic...start another thread to get your hate on for Israel

 

Quote

But eventually Putin will be forced to have to stop America from attacking Syria. He will have no choice. And Putin has the backing of China because they have signed a pack together to help defend one another from any aggressor. So America will not only have Russia to deal with but they will have to deal with China also. America will not win that war. America will lose.

 

Nobody is going to full scale war over sorry-ass Syria.    Hell, even weak Canada has bombed Syria (2015).

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, taxme said:

Just curious. Just where do you get this information that Assad's regime is a murderous one? Please show me. 

I call a spade a spade. Any regime who is supported by other murderous regimes must be murderous right? Not to mention reports of atrocities by many news media and independent journalist including bombing of defenseless civilians resulting in hundreds of thousands death and 10 million homeless so that stinky Assad is survived.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

Off topic...start another thread to get your hate on for Israel

 

 

Nobody is going to full scale war over sorry-ass Syria.    Hell, even weak Canada has bombed Syria (2015).

Don't know what to say or how to reply to what I asked you, right? You are trying to evade the question, right? Nice dodge though. You know I am right and you do not know what to say, right? 

America appears to be trying to get a war going using Syria as the pretext to getting that war started. Otherwise, what the hell is America doing in there anyway? Get the hell out and mind your own American business. Canada was a fool to get involved also. Canada should mind it's own business also. Dam politicians. Screw up everything. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

Off topic...why are so many people here obsessed with "Nazis" ?

I only asked you a simple question. Who here is obsessed with Nazism anyway? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

I call a spade a spade. Any regime who is supported by other murderous regimes must be murderous right? Not to mention reports of atrocities by many news media and independent journalist including bombing of defenseless civilians resulting in hundreds of thousands death and 10 million homeless so that stinky Assad is survived.

We can apply all of that to America also. They have involved in conflicts that was none of their business and as a result thousands are dead and millions homeless. If the Americans minded their own business all those dead could be still alive today and people would still be living in their homes. Nice try, Mac. Not everyone is as naive as you are. Maybe you should go and read what the other side has to say. Like at Global Research website. Open your closed mind for a change. Assad is not hurting you or is your enemy so why the hell do you give a chit what goes on in Syria? Canada is burning and you worry about Syria? Get with the program, man. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, taxme said:

We can apply all of that to America also. They have involved in conflicts that was none of their business

 

That's right...been hammering Syrians for long time.  

Back in the 80's, President Reagan used an Iowa Class battleship to fire 16 inch, 1200 lb projectiles at Syrian artillery bases in Lebanon.

Syrians didn't like that....big booms.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, taxme said:

 Canada is burning

These three words about what is widely regarded as the best country in the world and millions are in the line up for years and decades to come and live totally discredit everything else that you say. Maybe that is why so many Canadians are opting to move to Syria eh?? You need some serious medication.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

That's right...been hammering Syrians for long time.  

Back in the 80's, President Reagan used an Iowa Class battleship to fire 16 inch, 1200 lb projectiles at Syrian artillery bases in Lebanon.

Syrians didn't like that....big booms.

You appear to be one of those warmongers who likes to see America go into small weak countries and bomb the chit out of them, right. Really tough American aren't you? Try taking on China and let's see what happens, yankee girl. I bet that China will kick your American yankee ass. Tee-hee. :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, taxme said:

You appear to be one of those warmongers who likes to see America go into small weak countries and bomb the chit out of them, right. Really tough American aren't you? Try taking on China and let's see what happens, yankee girl. I bet that China will kick your American yankee ass. Tee-hee. :D

 

Off topic....personal attack...please start another thread to insult Americans if you need to.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

These three words about what is widely regarded as the best country in the world and millions are in the line up for years and decades to come and live totally discredit everything else that you say. Maybe that is why so many Canadians are opting to move to Syria eh?? You need some serious medication.

Well, I can't recall who said, maybe it was you,  that said Canada was a failing multicultural state. Well, if that is the case then why would anyone want to immigrate to Canada if it is a failing multicultural state? Why move to a country that is failing? No white person in their right sane mind would want to move to any third world country after being born and raised in Canada. They would need some serious medication if that is what they want to do. 

But unfortunately, Canada is seen around the third world as a sucker place to come to get their greedy third world hands on all the medical and social services that we have to offer for free. That is why there is such a lineup waiting to get in. And so far there have been over twenty thousand who have crossed our Canadian border from the states just to get here and take advantage of old whitey and what he has to offer. And many even fly into the states and head for the Canadian border tout suite. That was more than just three words but that just about sums it all up for me. Obviuosly, you are looked upon and taken for a sucker and you enjoy every second of it. Pathetic indeed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

Off topic....personal attack...please start another thread to insult Americans if you need to.

I am a winner-winner. Can't win the argument and the hard questions asked of you so it's run away time. Some tough American yankee gal you are? Running away from a tough Canadian who asks you tough questions. Shocking. You have already insulted yourself, yankee girl. Chuckle-chuckle. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

As a libertarian, a small part of me had hopes that Trump would be different and not get involved in military adventures around the world. Of course, that hope quickly evaporated. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, maymoon said:

As a libertarian, a small part of me had hopes that Trump would be different and not get involved in military adventures around the world. Of course, that hope quickly evaporated. 

I never had any doubts. As an anarchist a small part of me hoped he would only make things worse. I know I should be careful about what I wish for but I've long come to realize today's world is bent on taking the most painful path to enlightenment so...if we're that determined to drive off a cliff the sooner the better I figure.  Maybe the people most responsible for driving there will learn something.  Maybe there'll be more of the natural world left with which to recover.

That said I'm reminded of that joke about wanting to die like grandpa - asleep at the wheel instead of screaming in terror like his passengers.  

Edited by eyeball
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2018 at 5:29 PM, eyeball said:

I never had any doubts. As an anarchist a small part of me hoped he would only make things worse. I know I should be careful about what I wish for but I've long come to realize today's world is bent on taking the most painful path to enlightenment so...if we're that determined to drive off a cliff the sooner the better I figure.  Maybe the people most responsible for driving there will learn something.  Maybe there'll be more of the natural world left with which to recover.

That said I'm reminded of that joke about wanting to die like grandpa - asleep at the wheel instead of screaming in terror like his passengers.  

There needs to be some kind of a revolution. The system is unsustainable. My hopeless side thinks the revolution can only happen if there is some sort of world devastation, either man-made or a large natural disaster.  My hopeful side thinks it will be some kind of a technological revolution, where the unsustainable system, being held up by the old and crusty few, who are milking it to the last drop, are pushed aside.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, maymoon said:

There needs to be some kind of a revolution. The system is unsustainable. My hopeless side thinks the revolution can only happen if there is some sort of world devastation, either man-made or a large natural disaster.  My hopeful side thinks it will be some kind of a technological revolution, where the unsustainable system, being held up by the old and crusty few, who are milking it to the last drop, are pushed aside.

Yes, the Technological Singularity is something I hope for too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

It looks like an Iranian air base in Syria belonging to IRGC have been exploded into the air. Dozens reported dead. It is not known if this was an Israeli attack or an accident (God's attack).

http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/20949/rumors-fly-as-huge-mystery-blasts-rock-syrian-air-base-with-iranian-ties

 one report suggests the incident could have been another Israeli strike against an advanced Iranian air defense system, but others sources say it was an accident of varying degrees of severity.

An initial report from Sky News Arabia indicated that there were just two explosions, but that dozens of personnel at the base had died as a result. More importantly, the outlet said that the incident appeared to be a strike to destroy an Iranian Bavar 373 air defense system located somewhere within the facilities.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Israel and Russia are not exactly enemies. There's increasing evidence that Russia is co-operating with Israel to squeeze Iran out of Syria now that Assad's position is more secure. The Iranians should be very concerned about what this may mean for the future as Israel and the US prepare for war against them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 months later...

Why Syria is so screwed up...a well written history lesson on permanent, national dysfunction.

 

Quote

 

Edited by bush_cheney2004
Link to post
Share on other sites

Recently  it has been foreign entities like the USA , Israel that have cause Syria more grief over the past decade.  That's what you get for supporting ISIS via Saudi Arabia.  More blowback,, has the USA not learned their lesson?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GostHacked said:

Recently  it has been foreign entities like the USA , Israel that have cause Syria more grief over the past decade.  That's what you get for supporting ISIS via Saudi Arabia.  More blowback,, has the USA not learned their lesson?

 

When in doubt, blame Israel for Arab bellicosity. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




  • Tell a friend

    Love Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
×
×
  • Create New...