Political Discussion Forums
silver72

Harper spying on Tory MPs?

Probably old line conservatives too hard to control

Then what benefit would spying be since spying does not have anything to do with control. If it has, please explain to the rest of us but I doubt you will because you can't.

Every department has "media monitoring" and has had well before this particular government. This is much ado over nothing.

From the linked article:

Public Works Minister Rona Ambrose defended the government’s use of media monitoring services saying opposition parties use them as well.

“We do want to be aware of all of the media reporting about our members of Parliament because we are very proud of the work that they are doing,” Ambrose told MPs. “They appear in many articles across the media, doing excellent work on behalf of the government, and we are happy to receive those clippings.”

More fake outrage from the opposition.

A trend which disturbs me the most and happens both federally and provincially is the governments in power using tax-payer dollars to fund essentially propaganda commercials which seek to manipulate the public's opinion in favour of the ruling party.

A trend which disturbs me the most and happens both federally and provincially is the governments in power using tax-payer dollars to fund essentially propaganda commercials which seek to manipulate the public's opinion in favour of the ruling party.

Although i don't disagree, it really has nothing to do with the OP.