Political Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
August1991

Facebook, Wikipedia & Islam

Yes we want a state ruled according to Islam. We cant call it simply as a religion but its a system of rules.

That's interesting. I don't think I've ever encountered a poster who openly advocated religious control over the state. How do you deal with blashpemy and apostasy under the system you personally would like to see?

Edit> And how exactly would you explain it all on Facebook and Wikipedia?

Phew, got that in just in time.

Edited by bcsapper

Yes we want a state ruled according to Islam. We cant call it simply as a religion but its a system of rules.

Yeah, that totally sucks for you guys. Sure hope you do not succeed. Nothing personal, you seem like a sweet person and pretty smart, but ruled by religious beliefs? That's just cruel for anyone who doesn't believe what you believe.

That's interesting. I don't think I've ever encountered a poster who openly advocated religious control over the state. How do you deal with blashpemy and apostasy under the system you personally would like to see?

Edit> And how exactly would you explain it all on Facebook and Wikipedia?

Phew, got that in just in time.

Its interesting to you because you are probably an atheist or at least a non religious person. Being an atheist is also a belief like as our religious belief. THere is no compulsion in the system. So you are free to believe whatever you want as long as you dont start to harm public order or you dont perform dangerous actions.

So what does Islam have to say about Facebook and Wikipedia when there are things on these servers which might be considered morally offensive?

Its interesting to you because you are probably an atheist or at least a non religious person. Being an atheist is also a belief like as our religious belief. THere is no compulsion in the system. So you are free to believe whatever you want as long as you dont start to harm public order or you dont perform dangerous actions.

I wouldn't. It would never occur to me.

In your world, would you ever try to control someone's actions based on your religious beliefs? What would be a dangerous action to you that would be simple self expression to me? Would gay people be allowed to marry in your world? Would I be allowed to draw Muhammad, and have an exhibition of my work?