Political Discussion Forums
Mighty AC

Why Islam is dangerous

It goes to a point you keep making about the BOOK instead of the PEOPLE. Then it's the people and NOT the book.

Both the Bible and Quran appear to be violent ... but you are choosing to focus your attention on the Quran while ignoring everything in the bible.

So when is the big witch burning? See you there?

We've moved beyond burning witches to Moon Landings and splitting the atom.

I am not sure that she did agree; I've been told by other Muslims that Jews are also people of the book so they're entitled to extra protection according to the qu'ran. There's a bit of a language issue though with Altai, so I wonder if she meant to agree with killing Jews or intended something else.

If she'd said the same in response to killing gays, I would be more likely to take it at face value.

People of the Book (Jews and Christians) are subject to Omar's Laws. Offer conversion...offer the Jizya...only then is violence permitted. Polytheists and Atheists are not subject to Omar's Laws.

People of the Book (Jews and Christians) are subject to Omar's Laws. Offer conversion...offer the Jizya...only then is violence permitted. Polytheists and Atheists are not subject to Omar's Laws.

This is the problem: What constitutes "self-defense"? They are offered to convert or pay the tax. If they refuse those options, then killing them is viewed as "self-defense" by Muslims.

This is the problem: What constitutes "self-defense"? They are offered to convert or pay the tax. If they refuse those options, then killing them is viewed as "self-defense" by Muslims.

The world is divided into houses in Islam. The House of War...and the House of Peace. Islam is technically on the defense anywhere in the House of War...Dar al-Harb.

Edited by DogOnPorch

Is it really? I thought it was that they (Muslims) were attacked, and when they won they offered conversion or tax payment or banishment and then death if their enemies refused everything. Unfortunately, I don't recall if my bros-in-law told me that or if I read it online.

Muhammed didn't wage war or have rules for war until he was attacked. I understand he did spend the final decade of his life at war, but I think its important to remember he didn't start it.

Is it really? I thought it was that they (Muslims) were attacked, and when they won they offered conversion or tax payment or banishment and then death if their enemies refused everything. Unfortunately, I don't recall if my bros-in-law told me that or if I read it online.

Muhammed didn't wage war or have rules for war until he was attacked. I understand he did spend the final decade of his life at war, but I think its important to remember he didn't start it.

Who started it?

You have no credibility.

I posted the exact quotes, complete with citations as to where they came from.