Political Discussion Forums
August1991

Who will get 2016 Republican Presidential Nomination?

2016 Republican Presidential Nominee  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm hearing that there are several Democrats that are now looking at entering the fray against Hillary. They feel as though she's a bad candidate, and basically imploding.

It would be very unusual for the Democrats to just crown Hillary as the nominee without some other challengers. Sen. Warren is the current darling to represent "true progressives". Democrats do implode more often this way.....

Lots of "little people" give smaller amounts that add up to much more than $2600. My state actually allows for a atx deduction for campaign contribution to candidate. President Obama raised nearly $190 million from "little people" in 2012.

From little people? $190 million? If every American gave half a million dollars that still wouldn't add up to $190 million.

According to the cite $2600 was the average. Not little people. Well-off people, rich people, and wealthy people.

I hope Ben Carson wins. The Reps have a habit of being really dumb even when they are smart people.

"GOP presidential hopeful Ben Carson believes homosexuality is "absolutely" a choice. His proof? "A lot of people. . . go into prison straight, and when they come out, they're gay," the retired neurosurgeon said Wednesday in the above interview with CNN host Chris Cuomo. "

Oh my , a neurosurgeon too.

From little people? $190 million? If every American gave half a million dollars that still wouldn't add up to $190 million.

According to the cite $2600 was the average. Not little people. Well-off people, rich people, and wealthy people.

Nope...."small donors" gave Obama's campaign about $190 million through August of 2012....more after that. Your math doesn't make any sense @ $500,000 for every American.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/27/barack-obama-small-donors_n_1917521.html

I hope Ben Carson wins. The Reps have a habit of being really dumb even when they are smart people.

"GOP presidential hopeful Ben Carson believes homosexuality is "absolutely" a choice. His proof? "A lot of people. . . go into prison straight, and when they come out, they're gay," the retired neurosurgeon said Wednesday in the above interview with CNN host Chris Cuomo. "

Oh my , a neurosurgeon too.

Dr. Ben Carson isn't a serious candidate, and won't last long in any primary process. Regardless, I believe that one is born gay, and not a choice. Nobody in their right mind would choose to be attracted to their same sex.

Might want to check your math.

If every American gave half a million dollars ($500,000), that would add up to a heck of a lot more than $190 million. In fact, it would add up to 160 trillion dollars.

To add up to $190 million, each American need only donate $0.60 (60 cents).

As for the 2016 Republican field... uninspiring, to say the least. Seriously, don't these guys have anyone worth a damn to put forward?

Dr. Ben Carson isn't a serious candidate, and won't last long in any primary process. Regardless, I believe that one is born gay, and not a choice. Nobody in their right mind would choose to be attracted to their same sex.

Off topic, but why not? If you're a guy and can pick which sex you're attracted to... why not pick guys? You know how much easier of a time you'd have finding sex whenever you wanted it?

Hey...the job only pays $400,000 + expense account.

I guess. You get a lot of "power" though and that motivates many people as well, especially since many of them are rich enough anyway. But if money is a concern... the fame/connections you get having been a president is enough to earn a pretty penny after your term(s) are done.

Do you think increasing the pay that presidents get to be, say, comparable to what CEOs of top companies make, would raise the quality of presidential candidates substantially? I am doubtful. People who are smart enough to become billionaires and are motivated to do so can do it with a much higher chance of success and a much lower level of personal sacrifice than aiming at the presidency. But hey, could be worth a shot. Better leadership would certainly be worth a few billion a year in extra expenses.

....People who are smart enough to become billionaires and are motivated to do so can do it with a much higher chance of success and a much lower level of personal sacrifice than aiming at the presidency. But hey, could be worth a shot. Better leadership would certainly be worth a few billion a year in extra expenses.

Right....better people are pursuing far better / rewarding challenges. The presidency is the ultimate stress test for super egos.

Yes, that seems to be the problem with US federal politics in general... the "better people" aren't really going for it, and so the ranks get filled with pretty sub-par individuals. Seems like the incentive structure / selection process / etc should be revised to try to attract the "better people".

Elon Musk has expressed interest...but it is unconstitutional.

Has he? Link?

Anyway, he's gonna be President of Mars eventually instead.

Might want to check your math.

If every American gave half a million dollars ($500,000), that would add up to a heck of a lot more than $190 million. In fact, it would add up to 160 trillion dollars.

To add up to $190 million, each American need only donate $0.60 (60 cents).

Mea culpa. Was a quick reply.

Still, with an average donation of $2600 we're not looking at 'little people' here.

Hey...the job only pays $400,000 + expense account.

I have to say it bugs me that I can't reconcile the salary for someone who's presided of the freaking US with the salary of the CEO of a minor, mid cap corporation. I'm not really suggesting the Prez, or for that matter, that PM, get paid a million bucks a year (or ten million) but it seems really odd that when the President meets a bunch of businessmen he's probably the pauper in the room.

I have to say it bugs me that I can't reconcile the salary for someone who's presided of the freaking US with the salary of the CEO of a minor, mid cap corporation.

Ok, but lets look at total compensation.

Free airplane , and not a bad one at that-room to move around and the food is good, to go anywhere in the world he wants to...at anytime.

Free Housing- its a nice house and comes w staff to cook and clean. Security is nice too.

Health: Anytime anywhere, hell, even has complete health profile and stuff travel with him. No calling 1-800 num,ber to get approval.

Mobility: It would appear every traffic light is green when he moves about, either that or his driver blows them. Wouldnt that be nice?

Now factor all the perks, the same way we would get dinged on for compensation and maybe he does make a million.

Doesnt get regular time off though, so that sucks.

Regardless, I believe that one is born gay, and not a choice. Nobody in their right mind would choose to be attracted to their same sex.

What a despicable comment to make especially with the atrocities around the world that are happening to LGBT people. Have a look at what ISIS, Russia, and other populations are doing to these people 'who are not in their right mind'. You should be doing and saying everything you can to support them instead of making statements like this.

I suppose because they are not in their right mind, they should all be under psychiatric care?

Nobody in their right mind would choose to be attracted to their same sex.

I can easily see myself as a lesbian! :ph34r:

I can easily see myself as a lesbian! :ph34r:

I can see you responded to the best of your ability. If you honestly can't respond with an intelligent or empathetic response, why bother responding?

Shady is targeting the LGBT community with derogatory comments and you choose to make light of it. I suppose both you and Shady would have no problem if one of your gay relatives were thrown off a roof to their death or stoned to death or thrown in prison for the rest of their natural lives, simply because they had no choice being gay and chose to live their life with authenticity.

I can see you responded to the best of your ability. If you honestly can't respond with an intelligent or empathetic response, why bother responding?

It was humour.

I suppose both you and Shady would have no problem if one of your gay relatives were thrown off a roof to their death or stoned to death or thrown in prison for the rest of their natural lives, simply because they had no choice being gay and chose to live their life with authenticity.

See this stuff you wrote above?

What a despicable comment to make especially with the atrocities around the world that are happening to LGBT people.

You're making his point for him. Who would choose to be attracted to the same sex given the stigma that is involved? Why would you want that. It's pretty obvious that it isn't a choice, or at least not an easy one.

Have a look at what ISIS, Russia, and other populations are doing to these people 'who are not in their right mind'. You should be doing and saying everything you can to support them instead of making statements like this.

I suppose because they are not in their right mind, they should all be under psychiatric care?

Yes, you definitely missed the point. Saying that same sexness is a natural thing (it happens in nature, so it is) actually helps the case of LGBT people. Your last statement is just nonsense.

It was humour.

See this stuff you wrote above?

You're making his point for him. Who would choose to be attracted to the same sex given the stigma that is involved? Why would you want that. It's pretty obvious that it isn't a choice, or at least not an easy one.

Yes, you definitely missed the point. Saying that same sexness is a natural thing (it happens in nature, so it is) actually helps the case of LGBT people. Your last statement is just nonsense.

Really, you are making excuses for their comments? Have you checked Shady's past posts when it comes to the LGBT community?

Your post is full of crap too.

Edited by WestCoastRunner