Political Discussion Forums

Who will get 2016 Republican Presidential Nomination?

2016 Republican Presidential Nominee  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeb Bush is clearly going nowhere, and Marco Rubio looks like the last hope for "mainstream" Republicans. Ted Cruz has put himself in position to inherit the Trump "insurgent" votes in the event that Trump implodes, explodes, or leaves.

-k

Jeb Bush is clearly going nowhere, and Marco Rubio looks like the last hope for "mainstream" Republicans. Ted Cruz has put himself in position to inherit the Trump "insurgent" votes in the event that Trump implodes, explodes, or leaves.

-k

Ted Cruz has always struck me as a self-promoting little weasel. Chris Christie looked idiotic, demanding a no fly zone for Syria when its a Russian client state and Putin would simply ignore him, and talking about what he'd say to Jordan's King Hussein, who's been dead for fifteen years. The only one there who seems like an adult is Bush.

None of the Republican candidates are perfect of course,but personally I would rather see any one of them as President rather than Clinton.I thought Trump's numbers wouldn't be this high for so long.I don't agree with everything Trump says but on the other hand,it's kind of refreshing that he's in no way politically correct.I think it may be Cruz that gets the nomination in the end.

Watched the rest of the debate. This has to be the worst possible kind of public relations for America. These are supposed to be the cream of the Republican crop and one of them will end up as the Repuiblican nominee. No one appeared "presidential" and most held embarrasing positions on foreign policy.

I can see people in Europe and the Middle East watching this "debate" and shaking their heads in disbelief.

God Bless America!

She certaily will need it.

Jeb Bush is clearly going nowhere, and Marco Rubio looks like the last hope for "mainstream" Republicans.

I tend to agree, but his performance (like Christie) could have bought him a little bit of traction...........it will all come down (for the establishment Republicans) to the New Hampshire primary, where I'd expect the field to be narrowed after........

Ted Cruz has put himself in position to inherit the Trump "insurgent" votes in the event that Trump implodes, explodes, or leaves.

-k

Cruz could/will be hurt by the others bringing up his past voting records, which will clearly show he is all over the map.

Ted Cruz has always struck me as a self-promoting little weasel.

I agree, but I was surprised with his approach to Islam/Trump.

Chris Christie looked idiotic, demanding a no fly zone for Syria when its a Russian client state and Putin would simply ignore him, and talking about what he'd say to Jordan's King Hussein, who's been dead for fifteen years.

The proverbial line in the sand has been drawn by most past Presidents, what is idiotic is drawing said line and not following through like Obama.......Hussein is the surname of the Jordanian royal family, the current King is a "Hussein" and his son is a "Hussein"........

The only one there who seems like an adult is Bush.

And Rubio, Kasich, Fiorina, Christie, Pataki and Graham (in the prior debate with the later two)

The debate was nothing more than numerous candidates jumping on the hate speech band wagon. It was pathetic.

Trump aside, who was "jumping on the hate speech bandwagon"?

Jeb Bush clearly stated Trump's proposal was "unhinged" and "unrealistic", and that he won't get into the White House by insulting people, further more, that the United States needs to engage the Muslim World (like his brother did after 9/11) to counter radial Islam.

Marco Rubio has clearly stated, numerous times, that Trump's plan is clearly unconstitutional. Most of the candidates agreed that the settlement of Syrian refugees shouldn't be rushed, as the head of the FBI admitted they couldn't screen the proposed 10000 refugees in the time line outlined by the Obama administration......but that's hardly "hate speech" though.

Rand Paul stated "banning Islam" will result in a win for the terrorists......Cruz offered a clear distinction between radical Islamic terrorists and the vast majority of Muslims (which surprised me).........I can't think of anything offensive said by the others....

Where was the "hate speech".......aside from Trump?

Rubio is clearly wrong with respect to banning entry into the United States, as the president has wide latitude to do such things. Trump can ride this populist sentiment to advantage (and disadvantage) depending on the audience.

The centrists have to be careful not to lean too far from the right before securing the nomination and, more importantly, big campaign donors sitting on the sidelines. Trump can self finance if need be, but instead he gets plenty of free publicity.

Trump aside, who was "jumping on the hate speech bandwagon"?

Jeb Bush clearly stated Trump's proposal was "unhinged" and "unrealistic", and that he won't get into the White House by insulting people, further more, that the United States needs to engage the Muslim World (like his brother did after 9/11) to counter radial Islam.

Marco Rubio has clearly stated, numerous times, that Trump's plan is clearly unconstitutional. Most of the candidates agreed that the settlement of Syrian refugees shouldn't be rushed, as the head of the FBI admitted they couldn't screen the proposed 10000 refugees in the time line outlined by the Obama administration......but that's hardly "hate speech" though.

Rand Paul stated "banning Islam" will result in a win for the terrorists......Cruz offered a clear distinction between radical Islamic terrorists and the vast majority of Muslims (which surprised me).........I can't think of anything offensive said by the others....

Where was the "hate speech".......aside from Trump?

I guess it was more of what they didn't say.

Dr. Ben Carson called for military assets to be deployed along the southern and northern border. This is a problem for constitutional reasons, but the national guard would work.

Jeb Bush is toast....he really does lack energy, just like Trump says !

Rand or Rubio impressed me. Fiorina disappointed me big time with her 'I am woman' spiel.

Exactly. Let's not outright call trump a racist.

I realize that the "racist" label is a goto smear for any card carrying leftest that is used whenever they hear opinions they don't like but words do have meanings and in this case calling for a ban on Muslims is not racist because Muslims can be of any race. Edited by TimG

Rubio or Cruz would be safe bets, but the Republicans need more than just safe to win a general election.

Trump says he will support the party process, so they need to figure out how to use his popularity and media power no matter who is on the ticket.

That translates as Trump on the bottom of the ticket after the convention.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Rubio or Cruz would be safe bets, but the Republicans need more than just safe to win a general election.

Trump says he will support the party process, so they need to figure out how to use his popularity and media power no matter who is on the ticket.

Interesting!

I don't think any President could function with a VP like Trump since being a VP requires someone who will always support the boss in public. I don't think such deference is in his DNA. Also Trump would drive away as many votes as he brings so it is not clear he would be an asset on the ticket.