Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Shady said:

Khadr is human garbage.

In sense you're right he was simply  thrown away.

What if it had been you, how would you have fared I wonder?

Edited by eyeball
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He wasn't sent there. He demanded to go fight with his father because he didn't want to be left behind with the women.  His 2 older brothers had already graduated from Al Quaeda training and he wanted

15 year olds know what's right and wrong.  15 year olds know that murder is wrong.  Give me a break with the brainwashing bullshit.  It's just an excuse.

Trudeau settled out of court because, as always, he sided with the terrorist (or 'fighter', as Trudeau calls them).

Just now, eyeball said:

In sense you're right he was simply  thrown away.

What if it had been you?

If I had killed a medic, I'd be human garbage too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eyeball said:

No I'm talking about a child soldier whose rights were ignored by people with no regard for the Geneva Conventions. 

That takes a special kind of asshole.

They took him into custody instead of killing him. It takes a special kind of asshole not to notice that.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eyeball said:

The only thing that was really disputed is whether he was a child under Geneva Convention protection.

Presumably the advise Trudeau was given is that he was or should have been. Hence the out of court settlement.

Trudeau settled out of court because, as always, he sided with the terrorist (or 'fighter', as Trudeau calls them).

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shady said:

Khadr is human garbage.

Yeah, a 15-year-old, brainwashed by his father and sent to Afghanistan, caught in a firefight, the details of which are murky, accused of killing an American, about which there is conflicting evidence, held in Guatanamo for 13 years, and tortured to force a confession.  Several courts ruled in his favor, including the US Supreme Court, which criticized the process under which Khadr was convicted in the US.

Who is the piece of garbage, exactly?  A 15-year-old held in jail for 13 years, for a crime he may or may not have committed, or the government/systems/public opinion who refused to treat him according to our own human-rights laws?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dialamah said:

Yeah, a 15-year-old, brainwashed

15 year olds know what's right and wrong.  15 year olds know that murder is wrong.  Give me a break with the brainwashing bullshit.  It's just an excuse.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Shady said:

15 year olds know what's right and wrong.  15 year olds know that murder is wrong.  Give me a break with the brainwashing bullshit.  It's just an excuse.

So, who should be put into Guantanamo for wrongfully killing non-combatants here.

Quote

A U.S. drone attack killed 30 pine nut farmers and wounded at least 40 others in Afghanistan Wednesday night, the latest killing of innocent civilians by American forces as the "war on terror" enters its 19th year. 

The people who visited death on the farmers are adults; they should know the difference between right and wrong and know that it's wrong to kill civilians - that's just murder.  There is no excuse for this war crime, right?   So, why aren't the people who ordered this strike, and the drone operators, in front of a criminal court for their war crimes?  

Edited by dialamah
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, dialamah said:

So, who should be put into Guantanamo for wrongfully killing non-combatants here.

The people who visited death on the farmers are adults; they should know the difference between right and wrong and know that it's wrong to kill civilians - that's just murder.  There is no excuse for this war crime, right?   So, why aren't the people who ordered this strike, and the drone operators, in front of a criminal court for their war crimes?  

Your argument is yes but....

All that stuff is horrible.  But it's irrelevant to Khadr the murderer.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, dialamah said:

a 15-year-old, brainwashed by his father and sent to Afghanistan, caught in a firefight,

He wasn't sent there. He demanded to go fight with his father because he didn't want to be left behind with the women.  His 2 older brothers had already graduated from Al Quaeda training and he wanted to be like the rest of his family - terrorists.

He has never renounced his terrorist beliefs.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Why do progressives always seem to side with terrorists?  Whether it’s Obama paying Iran (the biggest state sponsor of terrorism) tens of billions, or Trudeau paying Khadr tens of millions.  Is there a terrorist/terrorists that progressives don’t want to reward with cash payments?  Just wondering.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Shady said:

Why do progressives always seem to side with terrorists? 

Why do conservatives always rush to throw their humanity out the window?  Whether it's imprisoning children in Guantanamo or ripping them from their parents to neglect them in detention centers,  refusing abortions to women (and threatening them with the death penalty for having an abortion), or denigrating LGBTQ, conservatives always seem only too happy to heap abuse on anyone who is "not just like them", which in the West is straight, white and Christian(ish).  Do they have some pathetic need to make themselves feel superior at the expense of everybody else?

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Shady said:

Why do progressives always seem to side with terrorists?  Whether it’s Obama paying Iran (the biggest state sponsor of terrorism) tens of billions, or Trudeau paying Khadr tens of millions.  Is there a terrorist/terrorists that progressives don’t want to reward with cash payments?  Just wondering.

Probably because the people inspiring terrorists the most seem to be conservative.

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Probably because the people inspiring terrorists the most seem to be conservative.

Allah is conservative?  Fiscally too?

Edited by Shady
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dialamah said:

Why do conservatives always rush to throw their humanity out the window?  Whether it's imprisoning children in Guantanamo or ripping them from their parents to neglect them in detention centers,  refusing abortions to women (and threatening them with the death penalty for having an abortion), or denigrating LGBTQ, conservatives always seem only too happy to heap abuse on anyone who is "not just like them", which in the West is straight, white and Christian(ish).  Do they have some pathetic need to make themselves feel superior at the expense of everybody else?

That’s interesting.  Probably as a separate topic.  This one is about the murderer Khadr and his apologists.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Shady said:

Allah is conservative?  

Sounds like he had his moments according to the Old Testement and it sure sounds like Mohammad was as socially conservative as it gets.

Fiscally too?

What, social conservatism wasn't bad enough already?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Shady said:

That’s interesting.  Probably as a separate topic.  This one is about the murderer Khadr and his apologists.

No it's about Khadr the child soldier and his abusers - his parents our government and people like you to this day. 

It's still a war crime to denigrate POW's you know.  You might want to change that when proposing amendments to the GC.

Any chance that'll be a plank in the Conservative's platform some day? You know, revisit the issue like abortion or capital punishment. You know you wanna...you keep coming back to it like picking at an old scab that'll never heal.

 

Edited by eyeball
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, eyeball said:

No it's about Khadr the child soldier and his abusers - his parents our government and people like you to this day.

 

Khadr is the convicted war criminal and unlawful combatant.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Sounds like he had his moments according to the Old Testement and it sure sounds like Mohammad was as socially conservative as it gets.

 

 

What, social conservatism wasn't bad enough already?

 

I think we agree.  Allah and Mohammad are the primary inspiration.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, eyeball said:

No it's about Khadr the child soldier and his abusers - his parents our government and people like you to this day. 

It's still a war crime to denigrate POW's you know.  You might want to change that when proposing amendments to the GC.

Any chance that'll be a plank in the Conservative's platform some day? You know, revisit the issue like abortion or capital punishment. You know you wanna...you keep coming back to it like picking at an old scab that'll never heal.

 

If you knew anything about the Geneva conventions you’d know that they only apply to members of particular armies, that wear uniforms.  Conducting combat while not  wearing uniforms is against the Geneva conventions.  Armies wear uniforms as a way of helping to prevent civilian casualties.  Hence, the Khadrs weren’t soldiers under the Geneva conventions.  Just terrorist murderers and human garbage.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shady said:

I think we agree.  Allah and Mohammad are the primary inspiration.

No we definitely disagree on that score too. They're just 2 bit players, one of which is clearly on your side. It's actually quite hilarious and ironic watching so many of our leaders and their followers invoking the same stupid God to help them defeat their enemies. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shady said:

If you knew anything about the Geneva conventions you’d know that they only apply to members of particular armies, that wear uniforms.

Yeah well you can beef that little caveat  up in your Convention amendments too - the list is growing.

In the meantime I'll take the advice of the experts minding and protecting the present Convention and its intent from reinterpretation and outright disdain - experts who warned Canada and the US about Khadr's treatment btw. 

It seems pretty clear to me this advise was probably also on the minds of real judges in real courts and legal experts who advised Trudeau it would be best for Canada if it coughed up out of court.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, eyeball said:

Yeah well you can beef that little caveat  up in your Convention amendments too - the list is growing.

In the meantime I'll take the advice of the experts minding and protecting the present Convention and its intent from reinterpretation and outright disdain - experts who warned Canada and the US about Khadr's treatment btw. 

It seems pretty clear to me this advise was probably also on the minds of real judges in real courts and legal experts who advised Trudeau it would be best for Canada if it coughed up out of court.

Which judges and legal experts are you referring to?  Besides, judges don't give legal advice.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, eyeball said:

No we definitely disagree on that score too. They're just 2 bit players, one of which is clearly on your side. It's actually quite hilarious and ironic watching so many of our leaders and their followers invoking the same stupid God to help them defeat their enemies. 

I wish they were only 2 bit players!  Unfortunately they're not.  Plus there's the whole 72 virgins n stuff.  It's quite the racket!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/22/2020 at 12:55 PM, eyeball said:

My guess is that the most of the politicians and in his world were complete assholes with no regard for the Geneva Conventions.

or maybe, the military tribunal was legal, and it had authority to press murder charges, and it's conviction was also upheld.... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements




  • Tell a friend

    Love Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
×
×
  • Create New...