Political Discussion Forums

The Increasing Mass Shootings In US Mark Human New Era

The Increasing Mass Shootings In US Mark Human New Era

By exegesisme

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/where-san-bernardino-ranks-among-the-deadliest-shootings-in-us-history/ar-AAfXkfb?fullscreen=true#image=1

1 This information shows the deadliest ​12 mass shootings since 1949 in US, half of them happened in recent 10 years, the rate increases from once ten years to more than once two years.

2 What most remarkably happened in recent 10 years? That is the war against terrorism.

3 I believe the model of the war against terrorism causes US inner tension, which would flow and accumulate in the society. The tension decreases the wellbeing of general people in US, and accumulates in special ones.

4 Once other factors gather together, would breakthrough the borderline of the most tolerance of a weak and violent soul, and trigger a mass shooting.

5 I believe it is the time to discuss the model against terrorism, which should not decrease the wellbeing of general people, should not increase the tension of the whole society, and should prevent the weakest links be broken. Considering the rising of ISIS and so many citizens take part in it from western nations, I believe the model now in using is absolutely failed.

6 I study the information again, I find more details of the deadliest mass shootings. Their distribution in time is following: from 1949 to 1983, 2 times with 29 total dead in 34 years; from 1984 to 2006, 4 times with 71 total dead in 22 years; from 2007 to 2015, 6 times with 110 total dead in only 9 years.

7 The increasing tendency is very obvious with the three periods. What is most remarkable for the three periods? Maybe, from 1949 to 1983 is before information era, from 1984 to 2006 is the growth of information era, from 2007 to 2015 and hereafter is post information era.

8 In the post information era, it is much easy to look for information of any thing, and so to do any thing much easy, doing good things, doing bad things, and doing evil things are becoming easier. Everyone are much more powerful than before.

9 Therefore, the wellbeing of everyone, and the morality and ethics of everyone are more important to the whole being than before. The tragedy of one is more likely decreasing the wellbeing of others.

10 The inequality before emerges so obvious and so striking in eyes of everyone, the old answer can not explain the actual and fast naked facts. Therefore, the increased rate of the deadliest mass shootings is only a striking mark for the change of era. Everyone should confront we are in a new era with new traits, we contribute its issues and also are part of its answers. We are condemned to change ourselves, no one can escape.

Edited by Exegesisme

http://sites.nationalacademies.org/cs/groups/dbassesite/documents/webpage/dbasse_083892.pdf

​The History of Homicide in the U.S.

More information on the above webpage.

1 In a summary, the accountabilities of the government is key to decrease the rate of homicide.

2 The rate of homicide is in tendency of decrease in recent 20 years, although the rate of mass shootings is in tendency of increase. This converse is unusual, and may mean something. Directly, it may mean the condition of general improvement with the condition of some people in minorities is not improved, and even at least relatively worsen. This view is compatible with the opinion in the main post.

Edited by Exegesisme

With due respect mashing all mass killings into one category of statistics and description is misleading.

Certain mass killings are done by what is called border line personality disorder persons. These are people who live one step in reality and barely function day to day and can and could in a moment be triggered to become violent. Such people are about 1-2% of the population and they will use the nearest available weapon of choice so yes if guns are easily accessible they use them, if not rocks, knives, bombs, cars, their hands, a bat, anything really.

Such people can be broken down into a sub category of paranoid types who imagine they are being treated unfairly. Such people are almost always male, live alone, have failed to establish intimate relationships and a support circle of friends or loved ones, go days on end invisible and unnoticed and feel powerless.

We think mostly in this category of the post office employee who goes bezerk.

Then we have border line personality youth, 1-2% of the youth population who fall under the above category only their place to act out their violence will be at home or school since they don't work- they also may collect guns, knives, whatever is accessible. Again these are loners, unable to make intimate connections or friendships, spend days alone on their computers, have dysfunctional family relationships, may self medicate and self harm.

In the above category the pofile is one of a loner, sexually impotent, eating poorly, dirty and has poor hygiene habits including their hair, teath, clothes, odour, doesn't sleep in the night, irritable, shy, non existent or underdeveloped self esteem, depressed, can be obsessive compulsive, often smokes or self medicates and self harms, i.e., picks at their skin, face, pulls out their hair, cuts themselves with knives, anorexic, chews their lip until it bleeds.

In both the above categories if guns are easily accessible they will eventually be used. These are people who may or may not plan their killing, do not necessarily carry their weapons on them-but they keep them close. The actual triggering event that causes them to use the weapons could be something very slight and unrelated and so its what we call spontaneous or unpredictable-the actual moment of the attack is not known but the indicators of an imminent attack may be there if noticed and often they are not. In a room full of youth, a disaffected one is hard to differentiate from a healthy person just as a border line adult is invisible or its impossible to know the difference between a devout Muslim and a radical Muslim terrorist.

In such cases restrictive gun control might help delay an attack from coming but won't stop it from coming, because its hard to screen gun owners with invisible and undetectable and undiagnosed disorders-so unless you have a total ban, such people will buy their weapons.

Then we have the use of guns in domestic violence situations and with those gun control could directly cut down on deaths. Most police deaths come during domestic calls. These are violent deaths with similar profile only their is no collective political statement. Its an individual acting out about individual power over other individuals issue.

Then we have sociopaths, i.e., serial killers, sexual predators, but such people who kill en masse do so slowly and often hate guns. They might just as much use their hands, rope, wire, poison, a hammer, a chain saw. No amount of gun control makes them disappear.

Then we have terrorists, people whose description is based on spontaneous bursts of violence to perceived slights or accumulated rage reaction to feeling powerless but whose motivation comes from ideology.

Terrorists are deliberate people who believe their ideology (religious, political, spiritual) taught to them by others, justifies their expressing and imposing their opinions/values/beliefs on others by violence, death and terror.

Terrorists are not for the most part mentally ill. They are in fact a product of group psychology phenomena-their behavior has been shaped by a group they joined and its leaders/ They don't act alone and their pathology is fueled by the group and its leaders. The support and conditioning from their group operates the exact same way alcohol does to lower the inhibitions of a violent man before he goes on a rampage. Group peer pressure numbs the frontal lobe no different than booze.

So terrorists act based on pre-meditated, carefully rehearsed concepts of behavior imparted on them through rehearsal, prayers, chanting and exercises designed to put them into a state of frenzy to then go out and do what they do.

They believe what they do will save the world and they are messiah agents sent to save, cleanse, liberate, rescue. They live in a world of extremes where there is or there is not. There is no possibility of compromise.

You can sometimes talk down a border line person, you probably can't do that with a terrorist unless the terrorist has not spent enough time being indoctrinated or conditioned.

So massing all these categories into one set of statistics can be misleading.

No terrorist can be prevented from getting weapons. For that matter no true criminal can either. It can help reduce opportunity of a crime happening by making guns less accessible to border line people.

So the best you can do with gun control is make gunless accessible to the public in the hope it makes it less likely for a person with border line issues to use a weapon or an otherwise normal person reach for a gun during a situation of domestic violence.

For that reason I support gun control but also caution gun control offers an illusion of protection. It just will not stop criminals, sociopaths and terrorists from getting them.

Me personally I believe no one should have a hand gun, no one unless its limited to being used and stored on a gun range.

I believe rifles are a necessity for rural Canadians who hunt for their food or live in rural areas where they are needed for protection from wildlife. Their rifle is a necessity for life. To say they should not have one is just not realistic.

Do I think people in cities should carry weapons of any kind, no.

Hell I hate recreational hunters but good luck trying to criminalize that and a true true hunter kills only out of necessity to eat so if a recreational hunter follows those rules and respects nature, I respect them. There's a huge difference between them and idiots from the city who get drunk, drive up North and shoot and leave a mess behind.

That's me. I don't like guns and believe they endanger police. But I respect true hunters. They do not glorify their weapons any more then they do a hammer, a chain saw. My problem is me and people like me who live in cities. Why do we need a gun? You really concerned about safety? Take self defense courses.

That said, I make no bones in saying gun control will not prevent a terrorist from terrorizing or a mentally ill person from lashing out or a criminal from doing what they do. It might delay what they do slow it down in terms of rates, but it won't prevent it. Its not a cure, its a contraceptive,a preventative measure that is not fool proof.

The evil or sickness in humans, comes out no matter how we try control it. The classic point is children. Parents mean well and tell their children, no you can't play with guns. Those same children will go outside and use sticks as guns and swords.

It is an inherent quality in humans to kill indiscriminately and we learn to repress it. If our repression is worn away or weakened by prevailing religious or moral values, no gun control will stop it.

Its as simple as this-grow up with a gun in your face and told killing is righteous-no gun control will stop that kind of conditioning in your mind from taking place that life is expendable.

Some of you need to ask, do you think gun control is what is needed? Really? Or is what you really need thought control not gun control?. The only way you can guarantee someone's behavior is to control it. So which ones of you who wants gun control wants to explain how you that will control religious beliefs that teach violence is acceptable and a road to martyrdom hmmmm?

You think restricting weapons purchases will prevent someone from buying a weapon and going terrorist if they are a terrorist? Really?

You think gun control stops terrorists?

That's a belief that comes from people who have never lived with terrorism and conflict and want it to go away and are looking for a quick cure to make it go away.

It aint gonna happen that way.

Terrorism is no longer something those damn Zionists brought on themselves or those savage brown skinned people do to each other.

Its now in your neighbourhood. Serious questions on restricting your freedoms not just your right to own a gun are going to be challenged in days to come.

Guns for some are a symbol of individual rights that they feel are about to be taken away. All of us even those of us who hate guns will find more and more individual rights under attack as a result of terrorism not just guns.

Edited by Rue

My expression "the condition of some people in minorities" include all your three categories. I am thinking about a designed civilization to cover all of them and other issues such as suicide and accidents. ​

http://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/usa/suicide

http://www.suicide.org/suicide-statistics.html

The rate of suicide in USA decreased from 13.2 in 1950 to 10.4 in 2000, and then increased again to 12.6 (per 100 000 population) in 2013, the period of increase is overlapping with the war against terrorism, which now we know the effect of the war globally is zero.

The rate of homicide in USA is in process of decreasing, but still is much higher than other advanced nations, new approach may be needed for making the decreasing process continuously.

The gun control as you mentioned, is a way to prevent things worsen, but may hardly make any meaningful contribution to improve the relevant conditions.

Edited by Exegesisme

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Greg
      I'm going to be making some major changes to the forums over the next few weeks.
      The first, and likely the biggest change, is going to be in the name of the site, and the domain name you use to access the site (and consequently the discussion forums). I'm not going to release the new name yet (or the domain), you'll just have to wait and see what it is.  Not to worry, all of the old URLs will still work, everything will just be forwarding to the new domain URL scheme.
      I will also be modifying the sub-form categories somewhat, incorporating some long overdue changes.  Mostly, I'll be expanding the US Politics section, so that it has it's own section (similar to what we have for the Canadian Politics section) 
      Canadian Domestic Politics Federal Politics Provincial Politics Local Politics United States Domestic Politics Federal Politics State Politics Local Politics International Politics Canada / US Relations The Rest of The World The remainder of the forums I plan to keep the same.
      Of course I'm always open to suggestion for organization of sections, so please post below if you have any ideas.
      If you have any other good suggestions on reasonable changes we can make to the forums, please post them below. If they're good ideas, I'll do my research and see how easy it would be to incorporate into the new forums.
      Thanks!

• By imnotyou
      The United States, considering itself an example of freedom and democracy is actively imposing its vision around the world. At the same time, the concepts "freedom" and "democracy" being a thinking foundation of majority in American society are represented by universal values. However, Americans regardless with other people`s views, opinions and tastes consider that "freedom" is doing everything the way they want to. As a result, American "freedom" and "democracy" actually turns out to be nothing more than an illusion and manifestation of double standards.
      An example is a phenomenon of racism in the United States. The previous US leader Barack Obama being the only African-American president in the country`s history foreshadowed the end of racism from both a legal and political point of view. However, the coming to power of Donald Trump, almost "the whitest from all white Americans" showed that at social level racism has not lost its power. Moreover, according to data released in 2017 by The Center for research on hatred and extremism at the University of California, the number of racist attacks harshly increased, especially in big American cities such as New York and Chicago. This is evidenced by harsh increase of violence explosion motivated by racial hatred after the winning of D. Trump, which gave a courage to racists, first of all, by the fact that almost every statement he used was derogating people who are not rich, white, Christian or male.
      The courage broke out in august 2017 in Virginia State, which was the epicenter of tension during the Civil War between North and South. At that time, the decision of local authorities to demolish a monument to the commander of the Confederate army, the leader of racist and right-wing extremist movements of the United States that was located in a small town of Charlottesville State, was met with protests. On the streets of that town was held a torchlight procession with obvious signs of sympathy to Ku Klux Klan, and in counterbalance took place an anti-racist demonstration. Protests of the members of the opposite views went into serious collision with loss of lives. The fact that racist-nationalists, having clashed with their opponents, came to the protests because of the monument with weapons is the most important indicator that racism continues to exist in the United States.
      This is evidenced by long-term racist statements of online-showman Roseanna Barr. But despite that fact, "ABC" TV channel gave a green light to restart the show "Roseanna" for the second season taking advantages of the high ratings of the show. Artists, scenarists and producers decided to support the show, despite the racism of its co-author. That connivance led to the fact that on May 29, 2018, R. Barr wrote on her Twitter about the former senior adviser of President Barack Obama, Valerie Jarrett, using the racist statement about the connection of African-Americans with monkeys. And only after that accident people finally paid attention on her racism. Her agents "ACM Partners" stopped representing her interests. Comedian Wanda Sykes, who was a consultant to restart the show "Roseanne", announced that she was leaving the show. Within a few hours, the "ABC" channel removed the new "Roseanne" show from the broadcasting grid, and the repeated showing of this show disappeared from the air of "T-V Land", "C-M-T" and "Paramount network". However, many of R. Barr`s Twitter followers revel in freedom and permission to be racists because the restart of the show helped to appearance of situation when white people feels themselves extremely comfortable as they are "the policemen for black bodies" in a social space.
      Thus, if white people do not like something, in their opinion, in behavior of African-Americans, they just call the police immediately, even if there is not any impermissible or criminal action. For example, the police was called because of the one of African-American post-graduate student of Yale University, who fell asleep in her community dormitory room, and as a result, she had to prove that she had rights to be in her dormitory in her university campus. The police was called in South California because of the fact that black women were packing their baggage into a car, black teenagers were shopping in "Northstome Rek" in St. Louis, and black women in Pennsylvania were playing the golf too slowly. The police was also called because of one white woman did not like that black people were frying the barbecue using a coal grill on public territory in Aukland, California State. And in April in Philadelphia two men were arrested for attending a public café "Sturbacks" being black colored skin people.
      In every of these situations white people took upon themselves a role of "policemen for black bodies" directly in public places. They thought that they have rights to do it because of the racism that they used for arbitrary determination of behavior boundaries that was acceptable for black people. They thought that they have rights to do it also because the racism allows to one group of people to feel themselves higher and have a power upon others. Meanwhile, the double standards exist in America.
      And here is important to note a hip-hop music which is very popular and traditionally was written and listened by black colored skin teenagers from a working class. So it led to the fact that a slang of African-American people became a linguistic basis of hip-hop music. Meanwhile, African-American teenagers are trying to strengthen their solidarity and self-consciousness using the word "nigger" as an interclass term. This word helps black men to identify themselves as "inventive and pragmatic winners" of racial injustice. Nowadays, the word "nigger" is marked as the most using word, taking an important place in black teenagers` slang. African-American entertainers use this word in the meaning of the "guy", but with different spices and no one of them is really abusive. African-American entertainers and masters of ceremonies use this word in the meaning of "a guy" but with different spices and no one of those are really offensive.
      It should be noted that white teenagers are listening to "hot" hip-hop music on money, sex adventures, life in ghetto and racial injustice theme too, and keep rhymed lines from ghetto on the top of music charts of popular music. However, white rappers should not use the word "nigger", but should avoid of the word on letter "n" preferring neutral expressions that are not associate with this word.  Otherwise, it will cause indignation from black audience that conceive the word on the "n" letter as racial offence which was always used and still used by white Americans. That is why during a concert in Alabama, the black audience in a hall started to hoot during the execution of the white fan of the song, who used the word "nigger", considering it as a racial offence. The video of that incident caused the scandal which attracted a lot of attention.
      Also it should be noted that white Latin American of the "Rianna" group was fired on the eve of the concert on "MTV Video Music Awards" in Columbia because the team of artists decided to choose a completely black aesthetics that is besides a permanent guitar player of Rianna group there should not be white people on the stage. Moreover, if it were the other way around, a black musician would be fired in order to achieve exceptionally white aesthetics and this would definitely look like a moral offence. It would be pulled out common in such cases calls to consider that event in a context of a long history of slavery in that country. And many people would consider this reaction as justified.
      Thus, racism has not gone away from the United States with their vaunted freedom and democracy, and moreover, it exists both for black and white people. This is an obvious evidence of double standards. Moreover, the unshakable confidence of Americans in the exclusivity of their freedom and democracy led to the fact that American policy in the world is perceived as Washington`s hypocrisy which tends to condemn the actions of other people, ignoring their own shortcomings.
    • By nomoreicbc
      I would like to know if anybody else has had a similar experience.
      I have recently bought an used camera on ebay.com I paid $1000 for the product, $60 for shipping which is high but I accepted that. and additional to it $80 for import taxes to bring it to Canada. All that I agreed to pay. No problem with that. My problem is that after a month I received an invoice from FedEx ground for $222.30. Thinking it was a mistake I called them and explained that I have already paid for shipping but they said that was also for importation I told them on ebay you paid that in advance and I am not paying that amount so they said they would contact the sender. In the meantime I keep receiving the "payment reminders" from FedEx till I received a demand of payment from a financial institution. I called them again to see what is happening they say all the amount is duty taxes that it doesnt have anything to do with what I have already paid on ebay. So I ask them how come its such a high amount... To make the story shorter I said and would like to dispute the payment because I didnt find it fair so they the transferred me to the broker company which the one that bills Fedex they said customs charges the gst the rest its the broker's fee and all this happens when Fedex ground is used. I still can't believe the % I have to pay in addition to all the charges I have previously paid. They didnt offer a different solution other than paying the whole amount.
      I have previously purchased from ebay many many things and this is the first time it happens so if its Fedex thing -which I didnt choose the sender did. I´ll just make sure to never ever use their service and make sure that every time I buy something the senders dont use it either if not I´ll be expecting to pay 25% more of the original bill. All this over an used product bought not from a company. Maybe it's just me but I dont see it normal

• By Exegesisme
      The Benefits Of Reforming Our Senate With US Senate As Model
      by exegesisme
      US senate plays crucial role in US politics. It equally represents each state, balances and adjusts the mood of people which reflects in US House of Representatives. It deals with much farther concerns and issues related to US benefits in long run, which integrate with the current benefits of US people represented by US House of Representatives.
      Comparing with US political system, Canadian Senate is near to useless. Although we have the Queen Governor General system in Canada, which somehow plays partial function in Canada similarly to the role of US senate in US, we still need a Senate more similarly with US senate.
      With a US Senate-like Canadian Senate, the benefits of each province and each territory are represented better in federal level, and some important concerns would be much better dealt through this mechanism than any other present mechanism. The reformed Senate would have many important and powerful committees for researching and understanding Canadian benefits in long strain. And also important, each Senator has the right to run for the Prime Minister directly, which increases the mental function of the position of Prime Minister, which means each senator who has right to run for PM in future, would naturally consider each legislation in the eye of a PM.
      Canada should admit US political system is more advanced in both political theory and human natural expectation, which has already proved by histories of these two nations. I admit our political system has some advantage which US political system has not.
      My argument is all in all, today we should have an ambition to unify the advantages of these two political systems for our benefits and the benefits of our offspring in future and far future.
    • By Exegesisme
      To Fighters of US and Islam​ 1
      By Exegesisme
      fighting with words
      the way of god
      your constitution
      your Koran
      on the way of god
      not fighting with armaments
      the way of evil
      without armaments
      you would be you finally
      without words you would not be any more
      1 this poem is on requirement from sleep meditation
  • Tell a friend

Love Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!