Political Discussion Forums
WestCoastRunner

Pregnant women with the Zika Virus

A woman in Canada has returned from Brazil, discovered she was pregnant. She was refused a test to determine if she had the virus. She has chosen to abort the baby without knowing whether or not the baby has the virus.

If it were me, I'd find a way to have the test and if it were positive I would abort.

Edited by WestCoastRunner

She should be tested by the system. No brainer.

Maybe so, but you'd think her first choice would be to get the test at any cost. If an abortion is "plan "A", then I suppose it's for the best.

Maybe so, but you'd think her first choice would be to get the test at any cost. If an abortion is "plan "A", then I suppose it's for the best.

It's alarming she can't get the test. Hopefully this case will change the approval process.

Absolutely. I woudn't take any chances.

I wouldn't want to be on the Olympic committee right about now. Can lawsuits arise?

I'm sure that is the subject of much heated discussion at the moment.

Absolutely. I woudn't take any chances.

She didn't take any chances! She couldn't get the test so took the steps she felt necessary. Who has any right to judge that?

She didn't take any chances! She couldn't get the test so took the steps she felt necessary. Who has any right to judge that?

I'm guessing the answer is nobody.

I'm guessing the answer is nobody.

You don't know the answer?

This is the problem with pro-lifers. They espouse their narrow minded beliefs without thinking of the profound implications.

I know mine. I wasn't sure of yours.

Next time I will warn you when I post a rhetorical question...

Next time I will warn you when I post a rhetorical question...

I apologise. I seemed like you were being confrontational.

Edited by bcsapper

Why is it necessary to abort because of the virus?

Obviously, if a test exists, it should be made available, unless there are very good reasons for the test to not be available (like if performing the test is itself a very risky procedure for some reason).

As for abortion, getting an abortion is each pregnant person's individual's choice and can be done for any reason they deem appropriate, so not sure what the question is here.

Obviously, if a test exists, it should be made available, unless there are very good reasons for the test to not be available (like if performing the test is itself a very risky procedure for some reason).

As for abortion, getting an abortion is each pregnant person's individual's choice and can be done for any reason they deem appropriate, so not sure what the question is here.

The question is pro-lifers fighting to refuse the right of women to abort these fetuses. Edited by WestCoastRunner