Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums
betsy

America under President Trump

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, betsy said:

 

He didn't treat China the same way he's treating Putin! He's not being diplomatic!  He's being a brat!

China didn't interfere in the election.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, betsy said:

 

Don't forget that there's not a lot of warmth for Trump from those three men you mentioned!

 

Why do you suppose that is? Maybe it's because they have integrity and don't like the idea of Putin installing a puppet as president.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

You think Graham is too dumb to see a DNC plot to destroy the GOP? Maybe he is just aware (as you are not) that the Intelligence community is not a political wing of the Obama administration.

 

The head of the CIA, John Brennan, was appointed by Obama, and prior to that, was an adviser to both President Obama and Clinton........The Director of National Intelligence, James Clapper, appointed by Obama, lied under oath to Congress over domestic spying by the NSA and misread the threat posed by ISIS.......Presidential appointments are ever much so political.

 

45 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

But Trump doesn't need to threaten anyone. He just needs to stand for the integrity of his country's electoral system by saying he'll get to the bottom of it. Instead, he denies the integrity of the intelligence community and tries to politicize it.

 

 

Why would Trump commit to getting to the bottom of anything that he's yet to see supportive evidence of? My question, if the Obama administration has such evidence, why have they yet to brief Trump on it?

 

48 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

And Paul Ryan today answered your question about why Assange would lie about who did the hacking. He called him "a sycophant for Russia"---though I guess that just makes Ryan in on the conspiracy too.

 

.........Or like I said, on the receiving end of what intelligence has been shared by the Obama administration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Derek 2.0 said:

 

The head of the CIA, John Brennan, was appointed by Obama, and prior to that, was an adviser to both President Obama and Clinton........The Director of National Intelligence, James Clapper, appointed by Obama, lied under oath to Congress over domestic spying by the NSA and misread the threat posed by ISIS.......Presidential appointments are ever much so political.

 

 

Why would Trump commit to getting to the bottom of anything that he's yet to see supportive evidence of? My question, if the Obama administration has such evidence, why have they yet to brief Trump on it?

 

 

.........Or like I said, on the receiving end of what intelligence has been shared by the Obama administration.

Yes, people in the CIA probably vote too. I guess that makes them tainted by bias and incapable of doing their jobs.

But Trump has been briefed by Intelligence (when he has shown up) and he has been shown the evidence. He just chooses to deny it (just as he automatically denied it before being shown the evidence) because it ultimately implicates him. I guess this also creates some (im)plausible deniability among those who just don't want to believe the obvious.

But you really think Ryan is an imbecile too, like half the GOP, and doesn't see the grand DNC conspiracy that is so obvious to you? You don't think that's just a little tin-hatty?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Derek 2.0 said:

The head of the CIA, John Brennan, was appointed by Obama, and prior to that, was an adviser to both President Obama and Clinton........The Director of National Intelligence, James Clapper, appointed by Obama, lied under oath to Congress over domestic spying by the NSA and misread the threat posed by ISIS.......Presidential appointments are ever much so political.

Agreed, but I don't think that the heads of the agencies are the ones doing the actual intelligence gathering or even the briefings. Yes Brennan did defend his agency from Trump's unfounded attack, but that is to be expected. Clapper did lead a review after the fact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

Agreed, but I don't think that the heads of the agencies are the ones doing the actual intelligence gathering or even the briefings. Yes Brennan did defend his agency from Trump's unfounded attack, but that is to be expected. Clapper did lead a review after the fact.

 

Brennan and Clapper are both suppose to be briefing Trump later this week........likewise the department heads and their senior staff (appointed by the appointments) are the ones that brief the intelligence committees in both the Congress and Senate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

Yes, people in the CIA probably vote too. I guess that makes them tainted by bias and incapable of doing their jobs.

 

 

The heads of any given Federal agency is appointed by the President..........they then appoint their own department heads, who then appoint their own people etc........which is why a change in Administration in Washington see upwards of 4000 people leaving and coming into new jobs.

 

Obama's "people" are well entrenched in Washington.

 

 

13 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

But Trump has been briefed by Intelligence (when he has shown up) and he has been shown the evidence. He just chooses to deny it (just as he automatically denied it before being shown the evidence) because it ultimately implicates him. I guess this also creates some (im)plausible deniability among those who just don't want to believe the obvious.

 

 

Trump hasn't yet been given the final report on the alleged Russian hacking........plenty of deniability when he hasn't even been given the briefing.

 

 

15 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

But you really think Ryan is an imbecile too, like half the GOP, and doesn't see the grand DNC conspiracy that is so obvious to you? You don't think that's just a little tin-hatty?

 

I never stated that.......Ryan is in the same position as the Democrats that voted in favor of the Iraq war.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Derek 2.0 said:

 

T

 

Actually the Iraq war wasn't based on faulty intelligence so much as an administration that wanted to go to war regardless of the intelligence and tried to invent reasons to justify it.

So are you saying Paul Ryan, in addition to not having the brains to recognize an obvious widespread DNC conspiracy,  is wrong when he calls Assange a sycophant to Putin? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BubberMiley said:

Actually the Iraq war wasn't based on faulty intelligence 

 

:lol:........You're not suggesting the Bush Administration conspired hyped or faulty intelligence material to push a political agenda are you?

 

1 hour ago, BubberMiley said:

So are you saying Paul Ryan, in addition to not having the brains to recognize an obvious widespread DNC conspiracy,  is wrong when he calls Assange a sycophant to Putin?

 

No, like I said before, his opinions are shaped by the intelligence he receives...........as to a DNC "conspiracy", I'd be very surprised if Ryan (or any other senior GOP members) weren't aware the realities of party politics (see Benghazi)...........Of course, Trump has managed to best Ryan/McCain/Graham in terms of political accomplishment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Derek 2.0 said:

 

Like Yellowcake and mobile weapons labs?

Member the underground mountain bunkers Rumsfeld said Bin Laden had?  I member!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BubberMiley said:

Actually the Iraq war wasn't based on faulty intelligence so much as an administration that wanted to go to war regardless of the intelligence and tried to invent reasons to justify it.

True, they wanted war anyways, but in order to get the idiots to support the invasion, they needed to make stuff up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, GostHacked said:

Member the underground mountain bunkers Rumsfeld said Bin Laden had?  I member!

 

Sure and I remember not a month before the election Obama saying how US elections couldn't be hacked and the results should be respected, and in not accepting defeat, Trump would undermine a Clinton administration..........Yet Putin has now stolen the election for Trump.......by hacking and turning over to Wikileaks internal DNC emails........in other words, Obama is suggesting if American voters didn't know what Democrats really thought, Clinton would be President.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Derek 2.0 said:

Sure and I remember not a month before the election Obama saying how US elections couldn't be hacked and the results should be respected

Yes, nobody is saying the election was hacked except Twump before the election.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

...or Bernie Sanders.

 

Yes...and now we are expected to forget all that and fall for the latest media Big Lie...Russian Hackers (sinister music plays).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DogOnPorch said:

 

Yes...and now we are expected to forget all that and fall for the latest media Big Lie...Russian Hackers (sinister music plays).

 

It's laughable.....these guys couldn't lift Ike/JFK/Nixon's jock strap on matters of far more serious import,  but they are worried about Russian hackers ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

It's laughable.....these guys couldn't lift Ike/JFK/Nixon's jock strap on matters of far more serious import,  but they are worried about Russian hackers ?

 

I suppose it is because the old adage is true: To a Democrat, elections aren't lost; they're stolen.

It just has to be something other than hard work on the Republican side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

 

I suppose it is because the old adage is true: To a Democrat, elections aren't lost; they're stolen.

It just has to be something other than hard work on the Republican side.

 

Podesta was stupid on email accounts, just like his loser boss...Hillary Clinton.   "A 14 year-old could have hacked his account".

The Russians are coming !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Podesta...creepy comes to mind.

But it seems the Putin/Trump combo suits you right down to the ground. Hopefully you don't punch out fenders for the Canadian Auto industry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd rather not engage in an exchange of Hydrogen devices in my lifetime...thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Omni said:

But it seems the Putin/Trump combo suits you right down to the ground. Hopefully you don't punch out fenders for the Canadian Auto industry.

 

Not many people do these days....been losing auto jobs in Ontariowe for a long time.

Putin/Trump is far more important than Trudeau/Trump.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

Not many people do these days....been losing auto jobs in Ontariowe for a long time.

Putin/Trump is far more important than Trudeau/Trump.

Seems the Hillary camp really wants a war...another war.

Just not with Islam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

Not many people do these days....been losing auto jobs in Ontariowe for a long time.

Putin/Trump is far more important than Trudeau/Trump.

Important or just downright scary?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...