Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums
betsy

America under President Trump

Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Humanitarian Pixie Dust is also a helluva drug. Obama had a mountain of it on his desk, like Scarface, when it came to Syria and Libya. Heart was in the right place, sure, but the road to hell is paved with good intentions, so it's best to lay off the HPD.

Funny thing is, Brewster said Assad was done, like years ago now, I was saying the Russians were gonna bail him out, Brewster telling me I don't know my shit.

I'm gonna give myself a dap for predicting that one, suck it, Brewster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Funny thing is, Brewster said Assad was done, like years ago now, I was saying the Russians were gonna bail him out, Brewster telling me I don't know my shit.

I'm gonna give myself a dap for predicting that one, suck it, Brewster.

Geopolitics always was a strong suit of yours, Brewster on the other hand got high on wishful thinking, which clouded his analysis.

Even at the time, it was obvious your prediction was better than his, from where I was sitting anyway.

I gave you dap then, and I give you dap now, good call.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Humanitarian Pixie Dust is also a helluva drug. Obama had a mountain of it on his desk, like Scarface, when it came to Syria and Libya. Heart was in the right place, sure, but the road to hell is paved with good intentions, so it's best to lay off the HPD.

Indeed.   The Washington National Security Consensus is not a like a nefarious plot, they just drink their own bathwater. 

It's like Trudeau with SNC-Lavalin, politicians delude themselves into justifications, they convince themselves that what the entrenched want is actually a good thing.

In the case of Syria I think they probably looked at three things;

Priority one for Obama was hitting back at Putin, taking the Russian base at Tartus.

Priority two was the Arab Spring, a legacy project which Obama could claim some credit for.

Priority three would be bringing the situation to resolution quickly so it didn't blow Iraq up any worse than it already was, because Obama pulled out and it went to shit.

To me, the more nefarious thing was splitting the baby in the election where they said Iraq Bad but Afghanistan Good.

So he could run against Bush"s War while shoring up his Nat-Sec bona fides in Afghanistan, where it had mission creeped down a rabbit hole.

The is how you end up with a Bad Orange Man, the Bright & Brightest dropped the ball again, who knew?

Edited by Dougie93

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In terms of Bad Orange Man now, he's trying to get out of there, it's not his war, it's doing nothing for him, but due to TDS, now the left is all in favour of interventionist proxy wars.

Any attempts to get out of them are now hysterically decried as Russia Collusion!

So, the left is just as nefarious, they're simply holier than thou priggish hypocrites, reflexively, whatever BOM does, they oppose it for the sake of opposing.

It's like the Trudeau Liberals are screwing around in Ukraine, arguably the most dangerous faultline on earth, but no doubt the lefties from Toronto will blame Harper.

In actual fact Harper doesn't like NATO, he was all about the Arctic Sovereignty nonsense, it's the Liberals who are upping the ante in the proxy war.

Moreover, the public keeps drinking the Flavor-Aid on both the Domino Theory and the Humanitarian Pixie Dust, they vote for it, it's popular.

Edited by Dougie93

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump is such a man's man. He fights with a Hurricane ravaged communities but doesn't have the nuts to actually show up, in person, to defend his retrograde position on climate change at the G7. 

If he didn't have Twitter, he'd be absolutely feckless. 

Edited by Boges

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Boges said:

Trump is such a man's man. He fights with a Hurricane ravaged communities but doesn't have the nuts to actually show up, in person, to defend his retrograde position on climate change at the G7. 

If he didn't have Twitter, he'd be absolutely feckless. 

The American people wanted a reality TV star. Not a president.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, GostHacked said:

She was running??  Did not notice her over the crowds chanting BERNIE BERNIE BERNIE !!!

 

Like this?

Where are the masses chanting 'Bernie' these days?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

 

Like this?

 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

 

Where are the masses chanting 'Bernie' these days?

 

People know what they like ... and they like Bernie! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GostHacked said:

People know what they like ... and they like Bernie! 

 

Uhhh...that's 2016...before Queen Hillary got the knave removed from the election. 

Where are crowds chanting 'Bernie' in 2019?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Actually, they wanted two birds with one stone, and they got it.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-economy-watchlist-graphic/predicting-the-next-u-s-recession-idUSKCN1V31JE

When the too big to fail financial institutions (corporate socialism) are telling us there will be a recession, then there will be one.

Did those banks ever pay the American people back for their trillions in bailouts? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

 

Uhhh...that's 2016...before Queen Hillary got the knave removed from the election. 

Where are crowds chanting 'Bernie' in 2019?

This revolution will not be televised.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GostHacked said:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-economy-watchlist-graphic/predicting-the-next-u-s-recession-idUSKCN1V31JE

When the too big to fail financial institutions (corporate socialism) are telling us there will be a recession, then there will be one.

Did those banks ever pay the American people back for their trillions in bailouts? 

Eventually there will be a recession, but predicting when is the hard part.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GostHacked said:

This revolution will not be televised.

 

Yeah, I didn't think there was much chanting over Bernie currently. 

He plays a Communist on TV, don'tchaknow?

Edited by DogOnPorch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

 

Yeah, I didn't think there was much chanting over Bernie currently. 

He plays a Communist on TV, don'tchaknow?

This is the same bullshit the media throws out. Communism when someone hears socialism.

How you gonna pay for health care?

How you currently paying for endless wars?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Eventually there will be a recession, but predicting when is the hard part.

Indeed, even the leading indicator of the bond Inversion is a distortion, that's deflationary pressure, it's not a deflationary spiral as of yet,

This whole year has been a flight to safety in the market, but I think may be premature.

The policy stimulus carries on unabated, the ECB is actually going back into QE to try to juice the markets in Europe, so it may flatline for awhile yet.

If you flee to safety too early you're leaving a lot of returns on the table, I think its prudent to be defensive, defensive sectors, but I'd stay fully invested right now.

Even in the event of recession, that's where defensive sectors become the cash flow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is, the two things the policy stimulus is intended to juice, manufacturing and energy, those are the only things it is has no effect against.

Everything is inflated, but manufacturing and oil are in a depression.  

All the policy stimulus in the world can't hold back the Information Age and its effects on industrials and energy,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Indeed, even the leading indicator of the bond Inversion is a distortion, that's deflationary pressure, it's not a deflationary spiral as of yet,

This whole year has been a flight to safety in the market, but I think may be premature.

The policy stimulus carries on unabated, the ECB is actually going back into QE to try to juice the markets in Europe, so it may flatline for awhile yet.

If you flee to safety too early you're leaving a lot of returns on the table, I think its prudent to be defensive, defensive sectors, but I'd stay fully invested right now.

Even in the event of recession, that's where defensive sectors become the cash flow.

So defense contractors, Interesting. Again showing the priority is the war machine above all else in America.  

The USA needs to keep perpetual war, to keep the military industrial complex moving forward at the expense of educated and healthy Americans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

This is, the two things the policy stimulus is intended to juice, manufacturing and energy, those are the only things it is has no effect against.

Everything is inflated, but manufacturing and oil are in a depression.  

All the policy stimulus in the world can't hold back the Information Age and its effects on industrials and energy,

I thought Trump was going to resurrect the manufacturing sector in America? Should anyone be shocked that this is not the case?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, GostHacked said:

This is the same bullshit the media throws out. Communism when someone hears socialism.

How you gonna pay for health care?

How you currently paying for endless wars?

 

Dude, the man had his honeymoon in the Soviet Union.

A Communist.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GostHacked said:

I thought Trump was going to resurrect the manufacturing sector in America? Should anyone be shocked that this is not the case?

Well there is a manufacturing resurgence in America, it's just not industrial and producing of industrial jobs, like 3D printing and high tech small footprint for example is booming, but that's Information Work not Industrial.

Edited by Dougie93

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Well there is a manufacturing resurgence in America, it's just not industrial and producing of industrial jobs, like 3D printing and high tech small footprint for example is booming, but that's Information Work not Industrial.

Honestly, I pointed this out to you in another thread for Canada where there is an industrial resurgence in Canada. 

One of the reason's Ontario isn't this have-not pariah anymore and why our Canadian "Peso" isn't actually such a bad thing. 

American companies actually like to produce things in Canada because of the lower dollar and the built-in Healthcare. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, GostHacked said:

So defense contractors, Interesting. Again showing the priority is the war machine above all else in America.  

The USA needs to keep perpetual war, to keep the military industrial complex moving forward at the expense of educated and healthy Americans.

Defense contractors are certainly recession proof, Lockheed Martin is a buy, Kratos is a prospect to buy low on, the MICC is the one area of the economy which Congress can control.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Boges said:

Honestly, I pointed this out to you in another thread for Canada where there is an industrial resurgence in Canada. 

One of the reason's Ontario isn't this have-not pariah anymore and why our Canadian "Peso" isn't actually such a bad thing. 

American companies actually like to produce things in Canada because of the lower dollar and the built-in Healthcare. 

That doesn't do anything for Unifor tho, Ontario is union country, industrial unions, sure, I can profit from 3D printing as an investor, but that doesn't help the workers, in fact I am putting them out of a job.   Don't need no healthcare for a computer and 3D printer, so that ain't the reason to come to Canada with tech, and the American tax advantage offsets the exchange rate now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Defense contractors are certainly recession proof, Lockheed Martin is a buy, Kratos is a prospect to buy low on, the MICC is the one area of the economy which Congress can control.

Why are these companies recession proof? Corporate socialism? You bet. And yet many in the US government will scoff at the idea of any kind of socialism that would actually benefit the average American.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...