Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums

America under President Trump


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • bush_cheney2004

    2508

  • Omni

    1845

  • Boges

    1472

  • taxme

    1271

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I see Trump went all "crybaby" toward the press yet again today in Florida. Is it perhaps that orange crap he sprays himself with that makes his skin so thin?  

His first 100 days will be a flurry of activities to implement most of the policies he'd promised. Here's an excerpt from a lengthy article how he says it would look: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05

Right ... you aren't one for supporting your arguments, I momentarily forgot.  Basically not worth paying attention to.  

Posted Images

Just now, Cannucklehead said:

Well I'm glad that's cleared up then.  Trump sucks.  Impeach and move on.  Fix the loopholes in the constitution for down the road.  Tear down that stupid wall.  

 

Impeach does not mean move on.....Bill Clinton was impeached yet still served two full terms.

Trump still has higher job approval ratings than Trudeau, Merkel, Macron, and May/Johnson.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cannucklehead said:

And yet Trudeau won the election.  I think those approval ratings are grossly misleading.  

 

Canada's choice....not my business.   Trump will get the same opportunity in 2020 if he wants....win or lose.

This time around, the Democrats will take Trump a lot more seriously, because he kicked their asses in 2016.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Cannucklehead said:

And yet Trudeau won the election.  I think those approval ratings are grossly misleading.  

Only 66% of Canadians voted and the Liberals got the second-highest vote totals, at about 33%. So only about 22% of our eligible voters actively supported him. 

Ridings in the Maritimes are relatively small, only about 75K voters each. Their votes are worth 150% of what Alberta votes are worth. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

Canada's choice....not my business.   Trump will get the same opportunity in 2020 if he wants....win or lose.

This time around, the Democrats will take Trump a lot more seriously, because he kicked their asses in 2016.

Lol he got fewer votes than Hillary.  I think your idea of ass kicking is far different than most.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cannucklehead said:

Lol he got fewer votes than Hillary.  I think your idea of ass kicking is far different than most.  

 

He also got the House and Senate ....so let's review:

Presidency...check ( Trump received 304 Electoral College votes, Clinton got 227)

House...check

Senate...check

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

He also got the House and Senate ....so let's review:

Presidency...check ( Trump received 304 Electoral College votes, Clinton got 227)

House...check

Senate...check

 

 

 

And he complains about the house on a daily basis and abuses veto power over Senate to push for funds for his stupid wall like a crybaby.  

 

Yeah great Prez there.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cannucklehead said:

And he complains about the house on a daily basis and abuses veto power over Senate to push for funds for his stupid wall like a crybaby.  

Yeah great Prez there.  

 

"Elections have consequences"  -  President Barack Obama (2009)

Donald Trump is the 45th President of the United States...not too shabby for a real estate huckster from Queens.

Canada is pushing the U.S. House to ratify NAFTA 2.0....because of Trump.

Trump matters more than Trudeau.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cannucklehead said:

Shortly after his election Trump said he would begin renegotiating the terms of NAFTA to resolve trade issues he had campaigned on.  

Do you ever get tired of being wrong?  :rolleyes:

 

????   Trump led on NAFTA changes....not Trudeau or Nieto.   Ditto tariffs.

Do you ever get tired of Trump having such a large impact on your country's economy ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

If the politically required fixes to the USMCA are as easy as Lighthizer keeps insisting, and if the administration is as eager to have Congress ratify the deal as they say, why hasn’t more happened? Despite his assurances, Lighthizer does not have an easy job. He may be holding back because he isn’t sure that House Democrats are really ready to make a deal and schedule a vote. Or he may be unsure that the White House will back any deal that he makes. Either way, don’t hold your breath for a vote soon in Congress to ratify Trump’s “wonderful new Trade Deal.”

 

Trump has as much impact here as I do in Newfoundland.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cannucklehead said:

Trump has as much impact here as I do in Newfoundland.  

 

Canadian government(s) and media disagreed mightily....bitching and moaning all the way.

Trump took on NAFTA and slapped tariffs on Canada....because he can.  

And now Canadian oil services companies are moving south to the Land of Trump.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

Canadian government(s) and media disagreed mightily....bitching and moaning all the way.

Trump took on NAFTA and slapped tariffs on Canada....because he can.  

And now Canadian oil services companies are moving south to the Land of Trump.

 

Canadian and american government are pushing mexico on nafta due to workers rights.

 

Trump slapped tariffs on Canada and Canada slapped back.  Trump backed down.  

Canadian oil companies are leaving due to tighter restrictions here.  We dont want our country to turn into a black swampland like the u.s.  

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/business.financialpost.com/commodities/energy/alberta-government-announces-further-easing-of-oil-production-restrictions/amp

 

Hope they dont find the competition too tough in the u.s. and go bankrupt. Trump might frown on someone going after his record.  :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Cannucklehead said:

Canadian and american government are pushing mexico on nafta due to workers rights.

 

Actually, Mexico ran NAFTA circles around Canada (Trudeau/Freeland) to cut a deal with Trump, leaving Canada with no choice but to sign on.

New auto plants in the U.S. and Mexico, not Canada.  GM Oshawa closes down next month.

 

 

Edited by bush_cheney2004
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

Actually, Mexico ran NAFTA circles around Canada (Trudeau/Freeland) to cut a deal with Trump, leaving Canada with no choice but to sign on.

New auto plants in the U.S. and Mexico, not Canada.  GM Oshawa closes down next month.

 

 

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/business.financialpost.com/transportation/autos/gm-resumes-production-at-oshawa-plant-despite-continued-strike-in-u-s/amp

 

Lol yeah good call on that one.  :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

Yes...really.    And 85% of Canadian automotive production is exported to the USA.

That's what gave Trump so much leverage over Trudeau.   

...and still does.

Lol  trump doesnt even have leverage on the u.s. or mexico.  Like how he said mexico would pay for the wall and yet it's coming from americans dimes.  And how he's all upset about whistleblowers.  Thin skin.  ^_^

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cannucklehead said:

Lol  trump doesnt even have leverage on the u.s. or mexico.  Like how he said mexico would pay for the wall and yet it's coming from americans dimes.  And how he's all upset about whistleblowers.  Thin skin.  ^_^

 

....but not "blackface" skin.  

I really wanted to see Trump slap 25% tariffs on Canada just to hear Trudeau squeal like a pig.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

Canada's choice....not my business.   Trump will get the same opportunity in 2020 if he wants....win or lose.

This time around, the Democrats will take Trump a lot more seriously, because he kicked their asses in 2016.

Except they aren't taking him seriously and are doubling down on fail. The Democrats aren't smart enough to take him seriously.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements




×
×
  • Create New...