Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums

America under President Trump


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 18.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • bush_cheney2004

    2684

  • Omni

    1845

  • Boges

    1532

  • taxme

    1291

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I see Trump went all "crybaby" toward the press yet again today in Florida. Is it perhaps that orange crap he sprays himself with that makes his skin so thin?  

His first 100 days will be a flurry of activities to implement most of the policies he'd promised. Here's an excerpt from a lengthy article how he says it would look: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05

Right ... you aren't one for supporting your arguments, I momentarily forgot.  Basically not worth paying attention to.  

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Cannucklehead said:

Yeah people living in caves.  They even make movies about them in your country.  They were booted from Canada much like Peter Popoff.  

 

Right...they don't make movies about the Klan in your country because of the shame in admitting to it.   Why would Trump be an expert on the Klan ?

81fBmFWXsqL.jpg

Edited by bush_cheney2004
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

Right...they don't make movies about the Klan in your country because of the shame in admitting to it.

81fBmFWXsqL.jpg

http://www.formaclorimerbooks.ca/index.php?page=person&author_id=5959&v=g

 

Allan Bartley

ALLAN BARTLEY has researched the history of the KKK in Canada for a decade. In 1995, he published the article A Public Nuisance

 

Not shame, more like annoyance.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Cannucklehead said:

Not shame, more like annoyance.  

The Klan wielded significant political power in SK.

It's all good (and bad)...no reason why Trump should know more about the Klan beyond what DHS and FBI tells him.   Do you think Trudeau is an expert on Sons of Odin or Proud Boys ?

Edited by bush_cheney2004
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

It's all good (and bad)...no reason why Trump should know more about the Klan beyond what DHS and FBI tells him.   Do you think Trudeau is an expert on Sons of Odin or Proud Boys ?

Doesn't matter.  If he's not an expert on the Klan or as he says doesn't know much about them, then he shouldn't be sending them messages.  

 

Link me to where Trudeau sends them messages.  

Edited by Cannucklehead
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cannucklehead said:

Doesn't matter.  If he's not an expert on Klan then he shouldn't be sending them messages.  

 

Link me to where Trudeau sends them messages.  

 

Trudeau does it all the time...as in Vote Liberal !

Why can't Trump do the same ?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cannucklehead said:

Seriously?  Are voters now groups like the proud boys and should be condemned?  

 

Yes....Americans have voting rights regardless of their political or social views.  Even some felons are getting their voting rights back in some states.

Hate speech is protected by the U.S. Constitution, and government cannot typically infringe on those rights.

Hell, even in Canada, Trudeau gets to wear blackface !!!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

Yes....Americans have voting rights regardless of their political or social views.  Even some felons are getting their voting rights back in some states.

Hate speech is protected by the U.S. Constitution, and government cannot typically infringe on those rights.

Hell, even in Canada, Trudeau gets to wear blackface !!!

So do Canadians.  You cannot stop hate speech, but supporting a group that practices it daily and then backpeddling and claiming you don't know much about the group and condemning them makes you look foolish.   

 

Blackfacing 20 years ago was very common in the arts, just ask Jimmy Fallon and Ted Danson for example.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cannucklehead said:

So do Canadians.  You cannot stop hate speech, but supporting a group that practices it daily and then backpeddling and claiming you don't know much about the group and condemning them makes you look foolish.  

 

No it doesn't...it's just political expediency.   Obama had the same problem with his pastor, Reverend Wright. 

 

Quote

Blackfacing 20 years ago was very common in the arts, just ask Jimmy Fallon and Ted Danson for example.  

 

Yep...racists then..and racists now.   Vote Democrat !

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2020 at 1:01 PM, WestCanMan said:

Right. So who cares who he supports?

There are two candidates to support. That's it.

Duke chose Trump. Islamic terrorists all choose the Dems.

Actually, the Taliban has endorsed Trump.

Edited by Argus
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

Seeing 50 Cent is "becoming Republican"...

The joke is: if Biden wins...he becomes 20 Cent.

So what's your answer as a conservative, to the three trillion dollar deficit the US is running? Just keep borrowing?

I have  a vague memory of the Clinton years, when people were actually talking about how many years it would take to pay off the debt given the US had a big surplus. Then the Republicans made a huge tax cut, which put the US back into deficits, and then the Republicans made another big tax cut, and another, and another. And now the US debt is humongous and growing at a prodigious rate. Because no one has the balls to either raise taxes or cut spending.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Argus said:

I have  a vague memory of the Clinton years, when people were actually talking about how many years it would take to pay off the debt given the US had a big surplus.

 

The U.S. federal debt was never paid off during Clinton's years because even with budget surpluses, more money was still owed to Social Security and other trust funds that the government was still spending.

Total U.S. federal debt increased each year for fiscal years 1993 - 2001.

...but your version makes for good politics !

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cannucklehead said:

In an interview with Sean Hannity on Thursday evening President Trump said: "I've said it many times, let me be clear again, I condemn the KKK [Ku Klux Klan]. I condemn all white supremacists. I condemn the Proud Boys.

"I don't know much about the Proud Boys, almost nothing, but I condemn that."

 

So he doesn't know much about them, tells them to stand back and stand by, then condems them.  

TBH, not many people know much about the Proud Boys.

I personally don't, even after a Google search. 

I found out that they hate Antifa, and they've fought with them on at least one occasion, but that just means they're not members of the alt-left.

The alt-left media describes them as "violent white supremacists" because of their fight with Antifa, but a lot of the Proud Boys are black and latino - and blacks and latinos aren't typically white supremacists. Believe it or not you need to explain that to some people. What can I say - leftists are extremely stupid for the most part.

 

FYI cannuckle, Trump didn't just blurt out that the Proud Boys should stand down. Chris Wallace specifically asked Trump to tell them to stand down, and he did it, assuming that Wallace knew wtf he was talking about.

This is as side story. The biggest story in US politics right now is the emerging evidence that Hunter Biden's involvement with China and Burisma is just as bad as it was originally thought to be.

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Argus said:

So what's your answer as a conservative, to the three trillion dollar deficit the US is running? Just keep borrowing?

I have  a vague memory of the Clinton years, when people were actually talking about how many years it would take to pay off the debt given the US had a big surplus. Then the Republicans made a huge tax cut, which put the US back into deficits, and then the Republicans made another big tax cut, and another, and another. And now the US debt is humongous and growing at a prodigious rate. Because no one has the balls to either raise taxes or cut spending.

 

I'm not a Conservative...sorry.

Don't blame me for Neocon and Democrat warmongering fuck-ups.

We clearly do not live in the same world.  But good news, you're still invited over for beers. I think our differences would be rather small after beer #3...lol.

I admire your stick-to-it-ness...but can't help but disagree with your solution. More Hillary-like Democrats???...please. Try anything else. Tulsi Gabbard was a sane choice for the Left/Liberals...sanity wasn't their goal.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

I admire your stick-to-it-ness...but can't help but disagree with your solution. More Hillary-like Democrats???...please. Try anything else. Tulsi Gabbard was a sane choice for the Left/Liberals...sanity wasn't their goal.

She was no more capable than Harris. Biden at least has experience. And if it was anyone else but Trump, or if Trump had shown even the slightest degree of competence, or if he'd just surrounded himself with smart, capable people and taken their advice, if we didn't see a parade of people through his administration and the ones leaving didn't keep talking about a guy who cared nothing about terrorism threats, about security or intelligence, who understood anything about government or economics... but nope. Trump is too lacking in anything remotely like qualifications, too corrupt, too incompetent, too unstable. Even Harris would be a better president - and Hillary Clinton would have been a HUGELY better president. Almost anyone would have been. I'm still stunned they voted for this idiot instead of Jeb Bush. How much different things would have been had Bush won the nomination...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not to understate the horror caused by the Nazis, but far more people died at the hands of Communists.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_killings_under_communist_regimes

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2018/05/05/karl-marx-communism-death-column/578000002/

I'm not sure what's worse,people supporting Socialism and having no idea of what it actually means or supporting it and knowing full well what it's all about.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Argus said:

She was no more capable than Harris. Biden at least has experience. And if it was anyone else but Trump, or if Trump had shown even the slightest degree of competence, or if he'd just surrounded himself with smart, capable people and taken their advice, if we didn't see a parade of people through his administration and the ones leaving didn't keep talking about a guy who cared nothing about terrorism threats, about security or intelligence, who understood anything about government or economics... but nope. Trump is too lacking in anything remotely like qualifications, too corrupt, too incompetent, too unstable. Even Harris would be a better president - and Hillary Clinton would have been a HUGELY better president. Almost anyone would have been. I'm still stunned they voted for this idiot instead of Jeb Bush. How much different things would have been had Bush won the nomination...

 

Joe Biden...your choice. Okay....

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




  • Tell a friend

    Love Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
×
×
  • Create New...