Political Discussion Forums
bush_cheney2004

Palestinian War Crimes

The Israeli's have a bigger army, military and deadly force. How dare the Palestinians try to undermine Israel by supplying books on Palestinian culture.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/05/jerusalem-bookseller-targeted-israel-160525094840034.html

Might is right! The Israeli government should burn those books and arrest those book sellers. How dare the Palestinians try to maintain their culture. Israel is for Israeli's!! If the Palestinians don't like it they can join the other millions of Palestinians who have fled Israel.

I fully agree. It is time to keep score.

The Israelis should have the right to take out the same number of Palestinian civilians that equate to the number of Israelis that the Palestinian terrorists have killed.

To make it fair, the Palestinian terrorists should have the right to take out the same number of Israeli civilians that equate to the number of Palestinians that the Israelis have killed.

OK! I am starting with the 2,000 plus Palestinians killed during the 2014 Israeli fish in the barrel shoot in Gaza and - oh yes - subtract all those Israelis killed by those wonky Palestinian rockets and add those Palestinians being killed for throwing stones but subtract those Israeli ....

This looks complicated and I could use some assistance in the calculations but my initial computations indicate that the Israelis are a few thousand up in Palestinian kills and the Palestinians are due a fish in the barrel shoot in some Israeli enclave.

I mean - fair is fair. Isn't it?

If you have a gun and someone is coming at you with a club,do you throw away your gun and look for a club?

There would be thousands upon thousands of Palestinian lives saved if they truly wanted peace with Israel,but they don't.

If you have a gun and someone is coming at you with a club,do you throw away your gun and look for a club?

There would be thousands upon thousands of Palestinian lives saved if they truly wanted peace with Israel,but they don't.

You are correct in your first statement. I would certainly hold on to my gun and shoot!! - but - might it matter that he is coming at me because I just shot his family and stole his land?

Although I am not sure how that would/could apply to a situation where Hamas is sending wonky converted sewer pipes into Israel and Israel invades, shooting and killing about 2,000 Palestinians like fish in a barrel.

What if one Palestinian, whose family was wiped out by the Israelis in their last attack on Gaza, got hold of some chemical weapon, walked into Tel Aviv into some populated area , committed suicide taking 2,000 Israelis with him/her. Would that be "fair"?

People tend to go on and on about how many Palestinians get killed versus the number of Israelis but the fact is,the Palestinian leaders are quite pleased with this disparity.Why do you think rockets are launched from among civilians?This is what allows them to win the propaganda war.

I hate to see innocents die on either side of this never ending battle.

You are correct in your first statement. I would certainly hold on to my gun and shoot!! - but - might it matter that he is coming at me because I just shot his family and stole his land?

Although I am not sure how that would/could apply to a situation where Hamas is sending wonky converted sewer pipes into Israel and Israel invades, shooting and killing about 2,000 Palestinians like fish in a barrel.

What if one Palestinian, whose family was wiped out by the Israelis in their last attack on Gaza, got hold of some chemical weapon, walked into Tel Aviv into some populated area , committed suicide taking 2,000 Israelis with him/her. Would that be "fair"?

Fair has no place in warfare. Conducting a WMD attack against civilians is right-up the Palestinian's alley...just give 'em enough rope.

Fair has no place in warfare. Conducting a WMD attack against civilians is right-up the Palestinian's alley...just give 'em enough rope.

Was it the Palestinians who used white phosphorus? And since you understand it's not fair, why keep on about how it is not fair?

Was it the Palestinians who used white phosphorus? And since you understand it's not fair, why keep on about how it is not fair?

Every army...including Canada's and even the terrorist group Hamas...use Willy Pete. Standard use since WW2.

Every army...including Canada's and even the terrorist group Hamas...use Willy Pete. Standard use since WW2.

So, Israel has used WMDs. I get that much.

So, Israel has used WMDs. I get that much.

Willy Pete is not a WMD. But, rather a smoke munition. You have to be rather unlucky to be harmed by a Willy Pete round, directly. During WW2, Viet-Nam, etc...WP munitions/grenades were really good at bunker busting.

Willy Pete is not a WMD. But, rather a smoke munition. You have to be rather unlucky to be harmed by a Willy Pete round, directly. During WW2, Viet-Nam, etc...WP munitions/grenades were really good at bunker busting.

You know damn well if the Palestinians used it, you'd have a different tone. Regardless of you 'not caring'.

You know damn well if the Palestinians used it, you'd have a different tone. Regardless of you 'not caring'.

Hamas used it in their last conflict...Canada used it in Afghanistan. WP is not a WMD. Much like a minefield, you'd be thanking your lucky &*$%^ stars for WP grenades if you were under attack. Might be the difference between you living and you dying as the AK-47 rounds try to find your brain.

Fair has no place in warfare. ...

Do you then think that the 9/11 attack on the USA was "fair"? What about Pearl Harbor, Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Dresden etc?

Do you then think that the 9/11 attack on the USA was "fair"? What about Pearl Harbor, Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Dresden etc?

Fair has no place in warfare. Simple enough for you?

Get off the fence.

War isn't fair, GH. Germany didn't count the number of French tanks in 1940 then match their numbers just to be fair. Canadian bombers didn't flatten German cities because Saskatoon was bombed by the Luftwaffe.

War isn't fair, GH. Germany didn't count the number of French tanks in 1940 then match their numbers just to be fair. Canadian bombers didn't flatten German cities because Saskatoon was bombed by the Luftwaffe.

Right it is not fair, stop your complaining.

Right it is not fair, stop your complaining.

You're the complainer, actually. Nobody is forcing you to participate.

You're the complainer, actually. Nobody is forcing you to participate.

You are correct, no one is forcing me. I am here just going with the flow.

You are correct, no one is forcing me. I am here just going with the flow.

Have the Palestinians committed any war crimes you'd like to discuss?

Have the Palestinians committed any war crimes you'd like to discuss?

Nope, seems you got that covered, so there is no need to add to the discussion.

Nope, seems you got that covered, so there is no need to add to the discussion.

Trying to boil this conflict down to a clash of nations is what I see as the problem when discussing events...or war crimes, if you prefer. While Israel is compelled as any civilized society to act as a 'nation', the Arab leaders, as recent events attest, long for the days of the Ummah...Empire and Pan-Arabism/Pan-Islamism. As does a fairly hefty section of the population. Make the Ummah Great Again...as Mr Trump might blurt.

The Palestinians (apparently 2 from the West Bank) just took out 4 Israeli citizens. Outrageous !!!! Time for Israel to retaliate!

The last time those folks in Palestine (Gaza) managed to kill a few Israelis, the Israel's retaliated with air attack that ended up with 350 Palestinians dead for every Israeli killed by those wonky rockets. Well, this latest attack on Israeli sovereignty should then result in 4*350=1,500 West Bank citizens wiped out. Go Israel go!

The Palestinians (apparently 2 from the West Bank) just took out 4 Israeli citizens. Outrageous !!!! Time for Israel to retaliate!

The last time those folks in Palestine (Gaza) managed to kill a few Israelis, the Israel's retaliated with air attack that ended up with 350 Palestinians dead for every Israeli killed by those wonky rockets. Well, this latest attack on Israeli sovereignty should then result in 4*350=1,500 West Bank citizens wiped out. Go Israel go!

The Palestinian Arabs are aware of the odds...yet they put their civilians up as targets anyways.

The Palestinian Arabs are aware of the odds...yet they put their civilians up as targets anyways.

Israel puts their citizens in harms way via the settlements.