Political Discussion Forums
bush_cheney2004

Palestinian War Crimes

If you can't figure it out...

As far as I can see the point is some people hate Jews.

Not buying it. The settlements are simply being used as a way to expand Israel's borders. Israel is not going away anytime soon.

If that's the case, why doesn't Israel just bite the bullet and push every Muslim into Jordan with their big strong military?

Hmmmm?

If that's the case, why doesn't Israel just bite the bullet and push every Muslim into Jordan with their big strong military?

Hmmmm?

Actually they are doing just that. Israel spends a lot of money using military and police resources to protect the illegal settlements. The push is slow, but it continues.

Actually they are doing just that. Israel spends a lot of money using military and police resources to protect the illegal settlements. The push is slow, but it continues.

No they aren't. Israelis are NOT pushing Arabs into Jordan.

No they aren't. Israelis are NOT pushing Arabs into Jordan.

Even worse. That's like torturing the palestinians slowly. Same predicament jews endured at the hands of nazis...

Even worse. That's like torturing the palestinians slowly. Same predicament jews endured at the hands of nazis...

Yep... clearly the same thing:

IMAGE LINK

IMAGE LINK

Edited by Michael Hardner
ADDED IMAGE LINK

Because that's much harder to legitimate to the international community, especially those that support them.

Israel is very obviously trying to slowly annex as much of the West Bank as they can, which is disgusting and illegal. israel has seen in the past that once they gain some territory in the region, even illegally and/or through war, they've been able to keep a lot of it minus what they essentially voluntarily gave up (Sinai, Gaza etc). Netanyahu has also publicly stated as an election promise that he will not allow a 2-state solution. He was democratically re-elected by a plurality of Israelis, 23.5% mind you, on that promise.

Because that's much harder to legitimate to the international community, especially those that support them.

Israel is very obviously trying to slowly annex as much of the West Bank as they can, which is disgusting and illegal. israel has seen in the past that once they gain some territory in the region, even illegally and/or through war, they've been able to keep a lot of it minus what they essentially voluntarily gave up (Sinai, Gaza etc). Netanyahu has also publicly stated as an election promise that he will not allow a 2-state solution. He was democratically re-elected by a plurality of Israelis, 23.5% mind you, on that promise.

Perhaps Israel should. They didn't start the War...the Arabs did. Most notably, the Palestinians and Jordanians. But they aren't pushing anybody into Jordan.

BTW, if it is so illegal to capture land in war, why wasn't North Viet-Nam punished? Are you going to tell me it was a 'civil war' or some other excuse? How about the dozens of other wars nobody cares about?

Another note: had the Arabs been victorious in ANY of the wars they started...we wouldn't be having this conversation. Israel would be eliminated and these same folks that complain about Israel defending itself would NOT be leading the charge to bring it back from the grave...

Edited by DogOnPorch

Another note: had the Arabs been victorious in ANY of the wars they started...we wouldn't be having this conversation. Israel would be eliminated and these same folks that complain about Israel defending itself would NOT be leading the charge to bring it back from the grave...

May I then assume that your position is that if one nation wins a war then they are entitled to the land won under that war?

Might is right?

BTW - Not everybody feels that the Arabs started all those wars:

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/06/1967-naksa-making-middle-east-160608073319516.html

Edited by Big Guy

So long as we're going to talk about what ifs...had the allies taken their victory against tyranny seriously they would have created a homeland for European Jews in Europe, and Israel would never have existed. Edited by eyeball

So long as we're going to talk about what ifs...had the allies taken their victory against tyranny seriously they would have created a homeland for European Jews, and Israel would never have existed.

Amen to that....

So long as we're going to talk about what ifs...had the allies taken their victory against tyranny seriously they would have created a homeland for European Jews in Europe, and Israel would never have existed.

Unfortunately for you, the Jews bought their land in the Levant.

Perhaps Israel should. They didn't start the War...the Arabs did. Most notably, the Palestinians and Jordanians. But they aren't pushing anybody into Jordan.

LOL One thing I've learned reading the history of the conflict is it's really impossible to say "who started it". It certainly didn't start in 1948.

BTW, if it is so illegal to capture land in war, why wasn't North Viet-Nam punished? Are you going to tell me it was a 'civil war' or some other excuse? How about the dozens of other wars nobody cares about?

I honestly don't know enough about the history of Vietnam prior to the war to comment.

I never defending any violence by Arabs, or said Israel can't defend itself. Israel expanding settlements in land they don't even legally own has little to nothing to do with Israel "defending itself". It does it to acquire more land.

If the US unilaterally started building settlements on Canadian territory in southern BC because of some centuries-old land claim you would be rightly PO'd and would rightly call it illegal.

LOL One thing I've learned reading the history of the conflict is it's really impossible to say "who started it". It certainly didn't start in 1948.

I honestly don't know enough about the history of Vietnam prior to the war to comment.

I never defending any violence by Arabs, or said Israel can't defend itself. Israel expanding settlements in land they don't even legally own has little to nothing to do with Israel "defending itself". It does it to acquire more land.

If the US unilaterally started building settlements on Canadian territory in southern BC because of some centuries-old land claim you would be rightly PO'd and would rightly call it illegal.

1. It started in 1920 if you wish to split hairs...or back in the 7th century if you count Mohammad killing many of the Jews in his region. The Arabs still started it...

2. North Viet-Nam invaded South Viet-Nam. They ethnically cleansed the south, murdered and threw folks into reeducation camps. The Boat People tragedy is why you might have South Vietnamese neighbours. The UN rewarded North Viet-Nam with a full seat under its new name. That was in 1977.

3. In your scenario, did Canada join with numerous other countries and invade the US w/o warning...then lose?

Edited by DogOnPorch

Yeah. They bought some land and then drove hundreds of thousands of people from their homes and over 500 villages. Then they burnt the villages down and did not allow the owners to go back. That's the Zionist way of taking over the deed to a property.

You forgot to mention the Arabs started a war and attacked Israel without warning.

Most Arabs who left went at the Grand Mufti's behest. A few fled due to Irgun's activities in some regions...Irgun...a tiny organization. Many stayed and became citizens of Israel.

You forgot to mention the Arabs started a war and attacked Israel without warning.

Most Arabs who left went at the Grand Mufti's behest. A few fled due to Irgun's activities in some regions...Irgun...a tiny organization. Many stayed and became citizens of Israel.

The attacks were ongoing. It was just during that time Israel decided to establish itself. So yesterday there were attacks, but not on Israel. Then BOOM Israel exists and the attacks went on, but now it's treated as an attack on Israel.

Edited by GostHacked

The attacks were ongoing. It was just during that time Israel decided to establish itself. So yesterday there were attacks, but not on Israel. Then BOOM Israel exists and the attacks went on, but now it's treated as an attack on Israel.

The Arabs attacked Israel w/o warning in 1948.

3. In your scenario, did Canada join with numerous other countries and invade the US w/o warning...then lose?

Britain, Miami, Winnebago, Shawnee, Fox, Sauk, Kickapoo, Delaware and Wyandot Nations.....I would call it a draw rather than a loss

Edited by Bob Macadoo

Britain, Miami, Winnebago, Shawnee, Fox, Sauk, Kickapoo, Delaware and Wyandot Nations.....I would call it a draw rather than a loss

If you wish to discuss 1812, start another thread...seriously. I'll join you there. The Battle of Lake Erie is one of my favorites, history-wise.

Meanwhile, my point stands. Had Canada invaded the US with say...Russia...then lost...we'd get what we f----- deserved. And then some.

Palestinian terrorists continued their rocket attack war crimes on Sunday:

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Palestinian militants in the Gaza Strip launched a rocket that landed in the Israeli border town of Sderot on Sunday and Israeli aircraft and tanks responded by shelling the Gaza town of Beit Hanoun, the army and police said.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/gaza-militant-rocket-hits-israel-israel-responds-air-133151502.html