Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums
WestCoastRunner

Many dead as lorry hits crowd

Recommended Posts

Surely I'm not the only one becoming desensitized.

Now a terrorist attack in South Korea or Japan, that would be news.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going 87% chance Islamist, 9% far-right extremist, 4% other/unaffiliated.

-k

Why are you accusing all Muslims of being terrorists?

ISLAMOPHOBE!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now it's like every few weeks some kind of massive bloodshed is happening in the West.

They're happening way more frequently in the Middle East too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So an attack in Canada on Canada Day would be less significant ? July 4, 1776 was not a particularly bloody day in a revolution that began years earlier, with the legal separation occurring on July 2nd.

Is there any world event which could possibly happen which would interrupt your obsession with jumping up and down gleefully and doing a happy dance every time anyone mentions the US even in a peripheral way?

Edited by Argus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any world event which could possibly happen which would interrupt your obsession with jumping up and down gleefully and doing a happy dance every time anyone mentions the US even in a peripheral way?

He's right. This isn't about USA. It's about over 70 people being killed in France.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, look at Trudeau's tweet about it:

"Canadians are shocked by tonight's attack in Nice. Our sympathy is with the victims, and our solidarity with the French people."

He always claims to be 'shocked' about these events and that Canadians are 'shocked'.

I'm not shocked, and neither should any other Canadian.

These events are expected, no one should be shocked by them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, look at Trudeau's tweet about it:

"Canadians are shocked by tonight's attack in Nice. Our sympathy is with the victims, and our solidarity with the French people."

He always claims to be 'shocked' about these events and that Canadians are 'shocked'.

I'm not shocked, and neither should any other Canadian.

These events are expected, no one should be shocked by them.

Ya I'm not shocked whatsoever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a miracle that the euro soccer tourney ended without incident.

Good point. Is it possible that the security actually did dissuade action?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't worry people that have died, our defence minister has told you not to fear ISIS (if it was them).

And the west will continue to ignore the main cause (Saudi Arabia) behind the ideology that leads to most of these attacks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So here's my idea of what you need to defend against these sorts of attacks at places like Canada Day on Wellington Street in Ottawa, or anywhere roads are closed down or barriers to crazies in vehicles are needed, like parades.

Right now police just put up wooden sawhorses or some variation. Maybe there's a cop too.. I was thinking of something like police stop sticks, but stronger. Stop sticks are designed to slowly deflate tires when run over. I had something more immediate in mind. It would be about six or eight inches wide and about six feet long, with razor sharp barbed spikes under a thin plywood top. People could walk across without a problem, but if several thousand pounds of vehicle rolled over them it would shatter the plywood and the spikes would puncture the tires.

But rather than just deflating them the barbed spikes would hold the device in place so that as the tires rolled it would lift the device up and then jam it into the wheel wells of the vehicle, not only shredding the tires but locking the wheels in place. Something like this should be able to be made fairly quickly and cheaply. Every police department could have them for events where large groups of people would be present and where you cannot otherwise block the way from large vehicles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The entire west should commit South Africa apartheid-style sanctions on Saudi Arabia and similar countries until they stop killing gay people, stop imprisoning apostates, let women drive and not have to wear the burka if they want to, stop funding Wahhabism around the world, allow freedom of speech and freedom of religion, etc.

We should also seek an alliance with Russia & maybe China to have a more united front against this growing threat.

Edited by -1=e^ipi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The best revenge for the Orlando attacks would be to decriminalize homosexuality globally.

Edited by -1=e^ipi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big crowds are easy pickings for terrorists....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The topic is a possible terror attack in Nice....not comparisons to the USA.

other than perpetually playing out your agenda here, why take such offense to a simple drawing of attention to the like significance in relation to national holidays of celebration. Yes, Bastille Day in France carries the same relative weight/significance as if it occurred in the U.S. on July 4th, Independence Day.

USA! USA!

I'm recusing myself for the time being, but I if I was half the moderator I was 5 weeks ago I'd take a flamethrower to this shit.

Is there any world event which could possibly happen which would interrupt your obsession with jumping up and down gleefully and doing a happy dance every time anyone mentions the US even in a peripheral way?

.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not shocked either. I was only mildly surprised, for a few minutes. It's normal now.

And will only become more so as we continue to do the same things we've been doing. Pretty stupid to keep on the same course of action and expect different results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, which terrorist organization is behind this?

Whoever they are, I can guarantee you that they are operating under a larger terrorist organization known as Islam. The entire world needs to wake up and acknowledge the threat posed by the "religion of peace." My heart goes out to the good people of France who have once again had to deal with this horseshit. 1939 was not really that long ago, I don't think these young Muslim men understand what kind of bear they are poking when they kill Europeans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A despicable and cowardly act of terrorism; besides, he was Tunisian. Tunisian aggrieved by what's going on in Iraq or Syria?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel from Tunisia was a career criminal known to police.

per your source reference: "known to the police for assault with a weapon, domestic violence, threats and robbery but had no previous convictions for terrorism." --- "He was known to the police for violence, and using weapons, but had no direct links with terrorism" --- "he had no known links with terrorism and was not under surveillance" --- "loner, recently estranged from wife, depressed"... this is so confusing in that Archie offered up a guarantee!

.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my view , this is about the US indirectly.....they invaded Iraq, took out Hussein, who kept peace most of the time in the ME, and yes he had his faults, like most leaders. ISIS has been said to be the former Guard of Hussein's and they are going after pay back for what foreigners, especially the US had done to the ME. Over and over again I hear Republicans say that Obama isn't doing enough to control ISIS, so get ready for more of these kind of attacks, even in RIO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...