Political Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
drummindiver

Sayyid Qutb

While many on this forum argue about whether the Q'uran or Bible is the book espousing more evil, the fact is Mr. qutb's book Milestones laid the groundwork for the extremism we are seeing today in the Islamic faith. He absolutely despised the West while at the same time placing Muslims who were not faithful to original Islamic tenets in the same category.

Is there a book paralleling this ultra adherence in Christianity or Judaism?

Anybody reading this book can not misinterpret what it is trying to achieve, and the fact that it is embraced almost as reverently as the Quran is frightening.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milestones_(book)

Edited by drummindiver

Qutb became 'radical' after attending a Christian barn dance in the USA...not kidding.

https://books.google.ca/books?id=_L7eyduhbIYC&pg=PA177&lpg=PA177&dq=Qutb+barn+dance&source=bl&ots=eT3evM4P40&sig=G2FCpvx3Cm5RMoEs34TvMdxx3BI&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjDlIyfqf3OAhVm5YMKHRwVBvMQ6AEIHjAA#v=onepage&q=Qutb%20barn%20dance&f=false

...the American girl is well acquainted with her body's seductive capacity. She knows it lies in the face, and in expressive eyes, and thirsty lips. She knows seductiveness lies in the round breasts, the full buttocks, and in the shapely thighs, sleek legs – and she shows all this and does not hide.

---Qutb

Edited by DogOnPorch

Sayyid Qutb is the ideological father of radical Islamic terrorism. I said so here back in 2010, and my words are every bit as true today:

Western foreign policy in the Middle East is only half the issue. The foreign policy is the primary reason that makes them hate us the most in particular. However, it does not explain why they are trying to kill people in general. Why are radical Muslims the only people who have wage a global terror war against the West? Why not the Vietnamese? Koreans? So many in Latin America who have been f'ed by Western policy?

The reason is religion, more specifically radical Islamic fundamentalism. The teachings of Qutbism in particular have been a massive inspiration to bin Laden, Ayman al-Zawahiri, and so many other jihadists and comprise most of the ideological basis for them.

Back in the 1960's, Qutb took parts of the Quran, and twisted them with his own interpretations so it appeared to himself and others to be religiously justified (if not a duty) to kill fellow Muslims and non-believers (ie: the West) who harmed "true Islam".

Sayyid Qutb is the ideological father of radical Islamic terrorism. I said so here back in 2010, and my words are every bit as true today:

Back in the 1960's, Qutb took parts of the Quran, and twisted them with his own interpretations so it appeared to himself and others to be religiously justified (if not a duty) to kill fellow Muslims and non-believers (ie: the West) who harmed "true Islam".

He did not twist them He stated that Muslims were not adhering g to the tenets closely enough. He claimed "Takfir" which means that Islam was extinct due to this One of the things Muslims disagreed with him on was slavery. Qutb said slavery had run its course, while the clerics said slavery was allowed in Islam.

"Qutb assertion that slavery is now illegal under Islam, as its lawfulness was only temporary, existing only "until the world devised a new code of practice, other than enslavement." Traditionalist critics maintain "Islaam has affirmed slavery ... And it will continue so long as Jihaad in the path of Allaah exists." (Shaikh Salih al-Fawzaan)[28]"

Edited by drummindiver

Qutb became 'radical' after attending a Christian barn dance in the USA...not kidding.

https://books.google.ca/books?id=_L7eyduhbIYC&pg=PA177&lpg=PA177&dq=Qutb+barn+dance&source=bl&ots=eT3evM4P40&sig=G2FCpvx3Cm5RMoEs34TvMdxx3BI&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjDlIyfqf3OAhVm5YMKHRwVBvMQ6AEIHjAA#v=onepage&q=Qutb%20barn%20dance&f=false

...the American girl is well acquainted with her body's seductive capacity. She knows it lies in the face, and in expressive eyes, and thirsty lips. She knows seductiveness lies in the round breasts, the full buttocks, and in the shapely thighs, sleek legs – and she shows all this and does not hide.

---Qutb

Not after attending a Christian barn dance, DOP.

Two years in America

Time in the United States, pursuing further studies in educational administration, cemented some of Qutb's views.

On his return to Egypt, Qutb published "The America that I Have Seen." He was critical of things he had observed in the United States: its materialism, individual freedoms, economic system, racism, brutal boxing matches, "poor" haircuts,[5] superficiality in conversations and friendships,[24] restrictions on divorce, enthusiasm for sports, lack of artistic feeling,[24] "animal-like" mixing of the sexes (which "went on even in churches"),[25] and strong support for the new Israeli state.[26]

Qutb concluded that major aspects of American life were primitive and "shocking", a people who were "numb to faith in religion, faith in art, and faith in spiritual values altogether". His experience in the U.S. is believed to have formed in part the impetus for his rejection of Western values and his move towards Islamism upon returning to Egypt. Resigning from the civil service, he joined the Muslim Brotherhood in the early 1950s[27] and became editor-in-chief of the Brothers' weekly Al-Ikhwan al-Muslimin, and later head of its propaganda[28][29][30][31][32][33][34][35][36][37] section, as well as an appointed member of the working committee and of its guidance council, the highest branch in the organization.

[3 Qutb noted with disapproval the sexuality of American women:

He also commented on the American taste in arts:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sayyid_Qutb

Edited by betsy

It was during his two years in America that he attended said church dance and was shocked and whatever about what he had seen re: American women. I provided a quote...

Qutb's interpretations popularized the concept of "offensive jihad", as well as religiously defended (via interpretation) the killing of fellow Muslims (because they weren't "real" Muslims).

He helped turn Islam into a murder ideology.

Qutb's interpretations popularized the concept of "offensive jihad", as well as religiously defended (via interpretation) the killing of fellow Muslims (because they weren't "real" Muslims).

One of them, anyways. There's al-Banna, al-Husseini, al-Qassam, etc.

...oh....and Muhammad. A murderer, himself...plus a child molester by today's standards in the West.

---Qutb

I have seen a few barn dances- two is about one too many really- but I have to admit I did not see anybody that moved or looked provocative in any way, shape or form.

Go ahead, do-si-do your ass off, nothing moves in my trousers.

I have seen a few barn dances- two is about one too many really- but I have to admit I did not see anybody that moved or looked provocative in any way, shape or form.

Go ahead, do-si-do your ass off, nothing moves in my trousers.

I agree Hanging out with my grandma and her gang in a barn while some fella wails on a fiddle is hardly arousing. Seems like he may have had a bit of a kink.

He was a racist.

----------------------------

The American is primitive in his artistic taste, both in what he enjoys as art and in his own artistic works. "Jazz" music is his music of choice. This is that music that the Negroes invented to satisfy their primitive inclinations, as well as their desire to be noisy on the one hand and to excite bestial tendencies on the other. The American's intoxication in "jazz" music does not reach its full completion until the music is accompanied by singing that is just as coarse and obnoxious as the music itself. Meanwhile, the noise of the instruments and the voices mounts, and it rings in the ears to an unbearable degree… The agitation of the multitude increases, and the voices of approval mount, and their palms ring out in vehement, continuous applause that all but deafens the ears.

---Qutb

It's these kind of radicals that have ruined it for the rest of Islam. I know it's chic to blame the book instead of the people who follow it. OR more specifically the people who turned something more hateful.

So whose brainwave was it to go stick our dingus in this hornet's nest and why?

So whose brainwave was it to go stick our dingus in this hornet's nest and why?

Who? Whomever was in charge of western powers after WWI when the Ottoman Empire fell.

Why? European empires were still a thing then, then post-"independence" the region had strategic importance like access to the Suez Canal and then the oil resources, plus Cold War strategy.