Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums
SpankyMcFarland

The fentanyl epidemic - what to do?

Recommended Posts

China is again making encouraging noises on the fentanyl front:

https://www.everydayhealth.com/opioid-addiction/china-commits-greater-regulation-fentanyl-g20-summit/

The next series of Narcos should be based in China. Unlike Escobar and the Rodríguez brothers, these entrepreneurs have nothing to fear from the DEA. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2019 at 3:37 PM, SpankyMcFarland said:

Big deal. Almost all the fentanyl on our streets comes from China. The Chinese put no restrictions on its creation or export, despite repeated requests from the West. China does nothing that it doesn't see as benefiting it, and it's making money off fentanyl. It could care less how many westerners die. The only way to start to get control of fentanyl is to punish China for its export.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Legalize everything and register addicts.  Control production and distribution and put the Chinese (and everyone else who produces and sells illegal drugs) out of the market.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Argus said:

Big deal. Almost all the fentanyl on our streets comes from China. The Chinese put no restrictions on its creation or export, despite repeated requests from the West. China does nothing that it doesn't see as benefiting it, and it's making money off fentanyl. It could care less how many westerners die. The only way to start to get control of fentanyl is to punish China for its export.

I imagine addicts (or their bereaved relatives) who first used opioids prescribed by physicians might disagree with you there on the ‘big deal’ aspect. Anyway, as I pointed out above, Trump has mentioned fentanyl as a particular problem between the US and China. 

Edited by SpankyMcFarland

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

I imagine addicts (or their bereaved relatives) who first used opioids prescribed by physicians might disagree with you there on the ‘big deal’ aspect. Anyway, as I pointed out above, Trump has mentioned fentanyl as a particular problem between the US and China. 

Fentanyl didn't become a huge problem until it was mass-manufactured in Chinese warehouses, which made the price plummet. Now it's being used by drug dealers to cut other drugs to make them more powerful because it's so cheap compared to anything else. And most of it coming to Canada is from China.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Argus said:

Fentanyl didn't become a huge problem until it was mass-manufactured in Chinese warehouses, which made the price plummet. Now it's being used by drug dealers to cut other drugs to make them more powerful because it's so cheap compared to anything else. And most of it coming to Canada is from China.

Yes, China is a big part of the problem. I don’t know anyone who would argue otherwise.  

Edited by SpankyMcFarland

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...