Political Discussion Forums
SpankyMcFarland

The fentanyl epidemic - what to do?

China is again making encouraging noises on the fentanyl front:

https://www.everydayhealth.com/opioid-addiction/china-commits-greater-regulation-fentanyl-g20-summit/

The next series of Narcos should be based in China. Unlike Escobar and the Rodríguez brothers, these entrepreneurs have nothing to fear from the DEA. 

On 5/3/2019 at 3:37 PM, SpankyMcFarland said:

Big deal. Almost all the fentanyl on our streets comes from China. The Chinese put no restrictions on its creation or export, despite repeated requests from the West. China does nothing that it doesn't see as benefiting it, and it's making money off fentanyl. It could care less how many westerners die. The only way to start to get control of fentanyl is to punish China for its export.

Legalize everything and register addicts.  Control production and distribution and put the Chinese (and everyone else who produces and sells illegal drugs) out of the market.

6 hours ago, Argus said:

Big deal. Almost all the fentanyl on our streets comes from China. The Chinese put no restrictions on its creation or export, despite repeated requests from the West. China does nothing that it doesn't see as benefiting it, and it's making money off fentanyl. It could care less how many westerners die. The only way to start to get control of fentanyl is to punish China for its export.

I imagine addicts (or their bereaved relatives) who first used opioids prescribed by physicians might disagree with you there on the ‘big deal’ aspect. Anyway, as I pointed out above, Trump has mentioned fentanyl as a particular problem between the US and China. 

Edited by SpankyMcFarland

3 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

I imagine addicts (or their bereaved relatives) who first used opioids prescribed by physicians might disagree with you there on the ‘big deal’ aspect. Anyway, as I pointed out above, Trump has mentioned fentanyl as a particular problem between the US and China. 

Fentanyl didn't become a huge problem until it was mass-manufactured in Chinese warehouses, which made the price plummet. Now it's being used by drug dealers to cut other drugs to make them more powerful because it's so cheap compared to anything else. And most of it coming to Canada is from China.

15 hours ago, Argus said:

Fentanyl didn't become a huge problem until it was mass-manufactured in Chinese warehouses, which made the price plummet. Now it's being used by drug dealers to cut other drugs to make them more powerful because it's so cheap compared to anything else. And most of it coming to Canada is from China.

Yes, China is a big part of the problem. I don’t know anyone who would argue otherwise.  

Edited by SpankyMcFarland