Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums
bush_cheney2004

Liberals to Normalize Age of Consent Law

Recommended Posts

Hey, remember the discussion in the thread about Canada's age of consent laws with respect to different kinds of sex, number of persons involved, etc. when an American woman sought refugee status after being convicted of sex with a minor in Florida ?

Great news !    Justin Trudeau's justice minister is going to rationalize all the laughable inconsistencies for age of consent in Canada's criminal code, presumably in response to criticisms from the affected constituencies and political allies.

 

Quote

Justice Minister Jody Wilson-Raybould introduced legislation Tuesday that would effectively lower the age of consent for anal intercourse, making it the same as for other sexual acts.

The age of consent to partake in anal sex for unmarried couples — regardless of sexual orientation — is currently 18.

That will be lowered to 16, if the proposed Liberal bill passes, removing the section of the Criminal Code that specifically sets rules for anal intercourse.

...Bill C-32 would stop drawing distinctions between different kinds of sex for people in different kinds of relationships.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/faq-age-of-consent-law-canada-1.3851507

 

What do you think about this change to rid Canada of the last remnants of "buggery" laws ?

Does this mean that more than two people can be engaged in such sexual activity ?

Will Canada's government finally be out of people's bedrooms for good?

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we are going to call it 16, then whatever they do, as long as they all consent, is entirely up to them.  As long as they are 16 or over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bcsapper said:

If we are going to call it 16, then whatever they do, as long as they all consent, is entirely up to them.  As long as they are 16 or over.

 

Agreed, and in legal theory, there would be no limitations for groups and all manner of possible "acts".   This should please the very young BDSM crowd and that Gomeshi dude.

By extension, how does this impact child porn laws in Canada ?     16 would be legal for sexual perfomances, or is that exploitation unless 18 years of age?  

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The age of consent is the age of consent.  We don't get to tell them what they can consent to.

That said, I'd let them vote, drive, drink, kill (for their country) as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

The age of consent is the age of consent.  We don't get to tell them what they can consent to.

That said, I'd let them vote, drive, drink, kill (for their country) as well.

 

So would Bill C-32 impact child porn laws with respect to age = 16 instead of 18 ?   (Section 163.1 referenced in link below)

http://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/rp-pr/other-autre/clp/faq.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know.  To me, consent is consent.  To tell someone they can consent, but then say, "ah, but not to that, sorry", is ridiculous.

Edited by bcsapper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bcsapper said:

I don't know.  To me, consent is consent.  To tell someone they can consent, but then say, "ah, but not to that, sorry", is riduculous.

 

One would logically think so.   I wonder what prompted the justice minister to move on this.   The defense minister is being asked to overturn dishonourable discharges going back decades for sexual orientation as well.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bcsapper said:

I'd let them vote, drive, drink, kill (for their country) as well.

I agree with lowering the voting age to 16.

Isn't the driving age already 16 in all provinces, at least some sort of graduated license. Some provinces let you be fully licensed at 16, others it is learners permit only (ie. licensed driver in the car with you) and can take up to 2 additional years for full license.

I'm not sure I agree with drinking. Yes, teenagers will experiment but not sure why we want to make it wide open at that age.

I think the age of joining the armed forces should be raised. Let them have several years to vote first. I suggest vote at 16, and join forces at 21 so they have at least one opportunity to vote in a federal election first. I have no problem with a youth forces where they can train in everything but armed combat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bcsapper said:

The age of consent is the age of consent.  We don't get to tell them what they can consent to.

That said, I'd let them vote, drive, drink, kill (for their country) as well.

Yeah, I agree. Maybe add consent to genital mutilation, be it circumcision or a sex change operation to the list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

I wonder what prompted the justice minister to move on this.   

Because she wants, on behalf of the LIberal government,  to prepare all Canadians, regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation race or creed to get ready to take it up the wrong'un. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How dare they!  I think government should very much stay involved with age of consent every step of the way.  

Anal sex should remain at 18.  

Receiving oral sex - 16 years, 9 months.  

Performing oral sex - 16 years, 10 months.  

Masturbation - 11 years, 4 months.  

Masturbating another person - 17 years, 10 months, but if with someone of the same sex, 17 for women (cigender only) and 18 for men (cisgender only).    

Touching boobies - same as masturbation.

French kissing - 11 years.

Playing patty cake - are you still really reading this?

 

Edited by BC_chick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, BC_chick said:

are you still really reading this?

Well I did learn what cisgender means (assume cigender is just a typo), so at least it was educational. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

Well I did learn what cisgender means (assume cigender is just a typo), so at least it was educational. 

Ha, I spelled it right in the second reference!  Counts for something, no?  Spell check picks up the correct spelling as wrong as well, so I didn't notice.

And I'm happy to hear I could educate.  I normally do that alongside ceremonial spiritual cleansing, but for you... it's on the house. ;) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 0:21 AM, ?Impact said:

I agree with lowering the voting age to 16.

Isn't the driving age already 16 in all provinces, at least some sort of graduated license. Some provinces let you be fully licensed at 16, others it is learners permit only (ie. licensed driver in the car with you) and can take up to 2 additional years for full license.

I'm not sure I agree with drinking. Yes, teenagers will experiment but not sure why we want to make it wide open at that age.

I think the age of joining the armed forces should be raised. Let them have several years to vote first. I suggest vote at 16, and join forces at 21 so they have at least one opportunity to vote in a federal election first. I have no problem with a youth forces where they can train in everything but armed combat.

You can join the armed forces reserve force at age 16, you can not legally go on combat operations until age 18, that is inter national law, also in the Geneva convention, and Canada's federal laws. that can not be changed to be any younger. as for older the country could set any law it wanted. However remember one needs to take into consideration the time required to train soldiers.....things have changed since WWII ,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...