Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums

Democrats Are In Disarray...Not GOP


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The electoral college has strayed  from the  framer's intent causing a failed democratic republic. If the framers intended for popular vote in a state to be their view of a representative republic , t

Update:   Democrats are still losing biggly, have lost all special elections for the U.S. House since President Trump was elected. Michael Moore is calling Dems out for being clueless and leaderl

Really, I think it's even more valuable today.  Without it, the whole country would be ruled by New York, California, Florida and a handful of large cities.  The farmers and blue collar people would h

14 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

Again with the outright falsehoods. It was not just California and New England, Clinton got won the popular vote in 20 states plus DC. Why do the alt right always have to lie in order to make a point, why can't they stick to the truth?

Why does the alt left lie?  New England along with the west coast is about 20 states.  God forbid there's some estimating.  Trump won the popular vote in more states!

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, blueblood said:

Why does the alt left lie?  New England along with the west coast is about 20 states.  God forbid there's some estimating.  Trump won the popular vote in more states!

New England is about 5 states (those east of New York), but labeling it as New England is an attempt to make it sound like one. It is pathetic that the alt-right try to confuse the issue by pretending that Clinton only won 2 out of 50 when in fact she won 21 out of 51. If you stick to the facts then I would not have a problem, when you present them as fabrications it becomes an issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

New England is about 5 states (those east of New York), but labeling it as New England is an attempt to make it sound like one. It is pathetic that the alt-right try to confuse the issue by pretending that Clinton only won 2 out of 50 when in fact she won 21 out of 51. If you stick to the facts then I would not have a problem, when you present them as fabrications it becomes an issue.

I put New England with New York for the sake of brevity.  If you want to split hairs fine.  Either way 21 out of 51 wasn't enough.  The areas that voted for her were the northeast, the west coast, Colorado New Mexico, Illinois and Minnesota - that's a lot of alphabet soup to get the point across

many more states voted for trump this time and many more states voted for Obama twice previously

Edited by blueblood
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, sharkman said:

 

Trump is showing his mettle, however, by using Obama's actions against him and becoming the good cop to Obama's bad cop.  

It's hilarious watching Trumpsters whine about Obama being heavy-handed with poor Vlad and trying to pretend Trump will be anything but a servile puppet. They are really needing to ignore reality to not see the writing on the wall. Fortunately the GOP hasn't yet succumbed entirely to treason.

 

Edited by BubberMiley
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, blueblood said:

His wacky 3 am tweets help get his message out.  Nothing like twitter to circumvent the media.  Enough people liked his wackiness to win the White House

So I guess we cam conclude that wacky attracts wacky. Makes sense I guess.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, blueblood said:

The left doesn't get it.  How did "the basket of deplorables" go?  Talking down to people has the democrats at one of their lowest seat counts in history...

Right-wingers don't talk down to people like the libtards do.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, blueblood said:

The left doesn't get it.  How did "the basket of deplorables" go?  Talking down to people has the democrats at one of their lowest seat counts in history...

Hillary didn't say all Trump supporters were deplorable. But there's clearly a substantial number of Trump supporters who are pretty... uh, deplorable.  The PizzaGaters, the Alex Jones conspiratards, the David Dukes and Stormfronters and Klansmen, the people who deluged Megyn Kelly with death threats because she asked Trump a question he didn't like, the people who intimidated and threatened the press with violence at Trump events, the people who threatened the press with violence for reporting on Trump's various issues, the guy who chanted "Jew S. A! Jew S. A!" at reporters at Trump's rally, the people who've been going around taunting non-white people that they're gonna get deported now that Trump won,  ... I think that just about everybody would agree this kind of conduct has been "deplorable" by most peoples' standards. Many Trump supporters seem to be doing their level best to prove that they really are deplorable.

Trump won the election... so now we're supposed to treat deplorable conduct with respect?

 -k

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

Right-wingers don't talk down to people like the libtards do.

I suspect this went right over his head.

 -k

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, kimmy said:

Hillary didn't say all Trump supporters were deplorable. But there's clearly a substantial number of Trump supporters who are pretty... uh, deplorable.  The PizzaGaters, the Alex Jones conspiratards, the David Dukes and Stormfronters and Klansmen, the people who deluged Megyn Kelly with death threats because she asked Trump a question he didn't like, the people who intimidated and threatened the press with violence at Trump events, the people who threatened the press with violence for reporting on Trump's various issues, the guy who chanted "Jew S. A! Jew S. A!" at reporters at Trump's rally, the people who've been going around taunting non-white people that they're gonna get deported now that Trump won,  ... I think that just about everybody would agree this kind of conduct has been "deplorable" by most peoples' standards. Many Trump supporters seem to be doing their level best to prove that they really are deplorable.

Trump won the election... so now we're supposed to treat deplorable conduct with respect?

 -k

I think your missing the point.  What your saying isn't wrong, just something missing.  Nobody is arguing that there aren't jack asses supporting either candidate.  However when Hillary publicly said that an extremely large proportion of trump supporters are deplorables, a lot of people who are considering change got turned off the democrats.  Every person is a potential voter and to write people off like that was a big mistake.

plenty of trump supporters were also intimidated in kind.  The problem is you didn't hear trump calling potential Hillary supporters deplorable in spite of his many "gems"

the problem is if you were a voter who wanted to vote republican because you didn't agree with high regulations high taxes and obamacare to be implied that you are deplorable is a big turn off.  I mean Hillary said a substantial amount of trump supporters are deplorable.  What's deplorable, being a stormfronter or someone who wants a republican in office?  It's a bad message and continued with the democrats and Hollywood knows best that a lot of reasonable people got sick of and voted the bums out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, blueblood said:

I mean Hillary said a substantial amount of trump supporters are deplorable.  What's deplorable, being a stormfronter or someone who wants a republican in office?  

She made it clear who she thought was deplorable, and the idea that she was describing all Republican voters was just spin... spin that worked, unfortunately. Good for Kellyanne and good for Breitbart, and good for the Stormfronters and Pizzagaters and the rest of them as well for getting the Republicans to stand up for them I guess.

 -k

Link to post
Share on other sites

Many Americans opted for a completely different brand of nonsense instead.  PT Barnum and HL Menken are long dead, but their observations about the American public are more astute than ever.

 -k

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements




×
×
  • Create New...