Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums
Altai

This month in Christianity/Atheism/Judaism/Asia and Far East Religions/New religious movements

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, BC_chick said:

Folks, please #StopThreadDrift.  I will lock this thread.

?won taht od nac uoY

1 minute ago, BC_chick said:

I agree her point is lacking the motive factor, but I think there is some truth to what she's saying in that a crime committed by a non-Muslim is a crime, and a crime committed by a Muslim, whether in the name of religion or not, is considered 'terror'.

Prime example is the pork eating, alcohol drinking loser who lost his job and wife and killed people in Nice being called a terrorist.

A crime committed by a non-Muslim is a crime, and a crime committed by a Muslim is a crime.  End of story.  Any crime committed by anyone in the name of their religion is a crime committed in the name of their religion.  Among those who get to decide on the issue is the criminal.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Altai said:


Why do you claim something which you cant prove ? We cant know why they did such things.

 

Exactly.

 

Now.....compare that with Islam, and the jihads and the fatwas we're witnessing on a regular basis, all over the world.  It's due to their religion.  These we know about because they say so.  We even know of Imams who preach them in their mosques!

 

 

Quote

Here the point is these persons are commiting crimes and they are Christians or Atheists. 

They may be either one or the other.  That's the difference, isn't it?  You don't know.  

You can't even tell whether they're Christians or atheists......or what motivated their actions!   Christians who murder aren't following the Christian teachings....whereas Muslims who do, are simply doing the bidding of their god or prophet.

 

Do you see the big difference?

Edited by betsy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, betsy said:

 

You can't even tell whether they're Christians or atheists......or what motivated their actions!   Christians who murder aren't following the Christian teachings..

This topic have nothing with Islam. Please stop derailing topic. I will reply the related parts with the content.

These people are very likely Christians or atheists and they are committing crimes. Their lifes are infuluenced by Christianity or atheism. The rest does not matter. I dont care why they committed a crime.

Edited by Altai

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Goddess said:

I disagree. 

People's motives for doing things are very important.

Especially if they are religious.  I can see stealing if you're hungry, hurting if you're hurting, etc, even if I would not countenance such, but because you think your God told you to?  What absolute bollocks.

Edited by bcsapper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Altai said:

This topic have nothing with Islam. Please stop derailing topic. I will reply the related parts with the content.

These people are very likely Christians or atheists and they are committing crimes. Their lifes are infuluenced by Christianity or atheism. The rest does not matter. I dont care why they committed a crime.

How does atheism influence one's life?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The_Squid said:

How does atheism influence one's life?


Atheism is nothing without religions/beliefs in God. It was born as a reaction against the faith in God/s. They are influenced to perform anything oppose to the religions/beliefs in God. Their influence is to justify whatever they wish.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Altai said:

This topic have nothing with Islam. Please stop derailing topic. I will reply the related parts with the content.

These people are very likely Christians or atheists and they are committing crimes. Their lifes are infuluenced by Christianity or atheism. The rest does not matter. I dont care why they committed a crime.

 

Likely, is speculation!  You sound like a sensational tabloid.  :lol: 

 

Your title is sensational......but  your OP makes your title irrational!

  If you don't know squat about the perpetrators of crimes, you can't eliminate the possibility that they could be Muslims, or Christians, or Hindus, or pagans, or atheists, etc.. :D

 

furthermore.....

Not all behaviours are motivated by religion.  In fact, a lot of them are motivated by the simple fact that they're just humans!

You should change your topic title to :  "This Week On Humanity."

 

Edited by betsy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Atheism is simply the non-belief of a god or the god.  Absence of belief due to lack of credible evidence. 

There is nothing more to it than that. 

In fact, you believe in one more god than I do.  

Maybe try picking a different one for a moment and see how easy it is for you to be an atheist about the one you currently believe in.  

Yet, you are an atheist about the thousands of others gods you choose to ignore. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bcsapper said:

Especially if they are religious.  I can see stealing if you're hungry, hurting if you're hurting, etc, even if I would not countenance such, but because you think your God told you to?  What absolute bollocks.

 

People do crimes, and stupid things.  Not everything we do is motivated by religion.    How is committing adultery motivated by a religion that forbids it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, betsy said:

 

People do crimes, and stupid things.  Not everything we do is motivated by religion.    How is committing adultery motivated by a religion that forbids it?

It isn't.  Killing someone who has, is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, betsy said:

 

Likely, is speculation!  You sound like a sensational tabloid.  :lol: 

 

Your title is sensational......but  your OP makes your title irrational!

  If you don't know squat about the perpetrators of crimes, you can't eliminate the possibility that they could be Muslims, or Christians, or Hindus, or pagans, or atheists, etc.. :D

 

furthermore.....

Not all behaviours are motivated by religion.  In fact, a lot of them are motivated by the simple fact that they're just humans!

You should change your topic title to :  "This Week On Humanity."

 


Yes finally I see that my topic starts to achieve its aim. You started to realize your own irrational actions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bcsapper said:

It isn't.  Killing someone who has, is.

Not necessarily.      A spouse who kills his adultering spouse doesn't necessarily kill because of religion.  There is such a thing called, "crime of passion."

 

However, I understand what you mean.  I'm thinking of Sharia law.

 

Quote

Woman to be stoned to death for adultery in Saudi Arabia - while male partner to receive 100 lashes

Saudi Arabia follows Sharia law .....

 

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/woman-stoned-death-adultery-saudi-6912835

Edited by betsy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Altai said:


Yes finally I see that my topic starts to achieve its aim. You started to realize your own irrational actions. 

 

?????

What irrational actions would they be?

Edited by betsy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please stop derailing my topic. You are always posting irrelevant context in all my topics, because you cant tolerate my freedom of speech. You are trying to derail topic and change main discuss issue.

Edited by Altai

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2016-11-25 at 3:02 PM, bcsapper said:

 

A crime committed by a non-Muslim is a crime, and a crime committed by a Muslim is a crime.  End of story.  Any crime committed by anyone in the name of their religion is a crime committed in the name of their religion.  Among those who get to decide on the issue is the criminal

What do you think of crimes committed in the name of nationalism?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BC_chick said:

What do you think of crimes committed in the name of nationalism?

 

Does the concept of Nationalism...the Nation State...seem wrong to you?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whether an agnostic redneck kills a homosexual directly due to religious doctrine or because his culture and media environment based on said religious context directly  influences his debasing view what does it matter?  Religious culture influences caucasian Billy Bob as it does arabic Samir who are sitting in their lazy-boys, drinking Schlitz, eating Salisbury Steak Swanson dinners.

Edited by Bob Macadoo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BC_chick said:

What do you think of crimes committed in the name of nationalism?

Do I think killing someone because Hitler or Pol Pot told you to is as bad as killing someone because Allah told you to?  Yes.  (there is a bit of a weirdness factor, but that's because I don't believe in God.  It would be tough not to believe in Hitler or Pol Pot)

But my point there was, that it doesn't matter who calls it terrorism and who doesn't, a crime committed in the name of a religion is just that.

Edited by bcsapper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bob Macadoo said:

Whether an agnostic redneck kills a homosexual directly due to religious doctrine or because his culture and media environment based on said religious context directly  influences his debasing view what does it matter?  Religious culture influences caucasian Billy Bob as it does arabic Samir who are sitting in their lazy-boys, drinking Schlitz, eating Salisbury Steak Swanson dinners.

One of my complaints about the whole concept is that slapping the label "religion" on it is supposed to elevate some beliefs above others.

During conscription if guy A told the recruiter "my conscience forbids me from killing" and guy B told the recruiter "my religion forbids me from killing", guy A got a rifle and a ticket to Europe, and guy B got a ticket to the Alternate Service program.  I think that current Canadian law now puts deeply held personal conviction on even footing with religious belief in regard to mandatory military service, but that wasn't always the case.  We see the same kind of thing in other areas. Airplane flights being delayed until the seating preferences of Hasidic Jews are satisfied. Exclusive bathing times at public pools. The right to wear masks during identification photos or while testifying. Requests that would be unreasonable in other circumstances apparently become reasonable when they are justified by religion.

 -k

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

Does the concept of Nationalism...the Nation State...seem wrong to you?

It seems more infantile than anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bob Macadoo said:

Whether an agnostic redneck kills a homosexual directly due to religious doctrine or because his culture and media environment based on said religious context directly  influences his debasing view what does it matter?  Religious culture influences caucasian Billy Bob as it does arabic Samir who are sitting in their lazy-boys, drinking Schlitz, eating Salisbury Steak Swanson dinners.

This is true.  67% of Canadians and 83% of Americans consider themselves Christian; many people believe both these countries were founded on Christian principles.   Many of the things we do are a direct result of Christianity as it was practiced 100s of years ago, and many extreme (and not so extreme) Christians continue to fight to keep to those backward values.   Denying gays are really gay, denying transgender experience, calling women sluts if they dress/behave in 'immodest' ways, blaming them for being raped because of where they were/how they were dressed/how they behaved - all come from Biblical teachings of 'right' vs. 'wrong'.   Beating/killing your wife because she cheated on you comes from the same basic teaching that women are owned by men, and that men have the right to control and punish women, regardless of whether it's a Canadian Christian or a Middle-Eastern Muslim.    

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2016 at 8:25 AM, Altai said:

Their lifes are infuluenced by Christianity or atheism.

I seem to have misplaced my copy of the atheist scriptures. Could you tell me what passage influences atheists to commit specific crimes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

I seem to have misplaced my copy of the atheist scriptures. Could you tell me what passage influences atheists to commit specific crimes.


The passages which they create in their minds. The bloodiest statesmen of the history were generally atheist persons. They can justify any crazy action for their purposes.

Edited by Altai

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Altai said:


The passages which they create in their minds. The bloodiest statesmen of the history were generally atheist persons. They can justify any crazy action for their purposes.

Atheism is generally irrelevant to a crime committed by an atheist. Like their favourite colour, or whether they prefer tea over coffee. 

Edited by bcsapper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...