Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums
betsy

Here we go again again with our PM.

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, kimmy said:

People said the same of Harper with regard to Obama. "Not on the same page!"  "The whole country will pay because of Harper!"  "Harper better learn to kiss Obama's ass pronto!"  Canadian lefties were rubbing their hands at glee at the thought that their American hero would teach the mean Canadian PM a lesson or make him change.  Didn't happen.  Now Canadian righties are rubbing their hands with glee at the thought that their American hero will teach the sunny-ways Canadian PM a lesson or make him change. Won't happen either.

 -k

 Obama is not Trump......and Trump is not Obama.  

Besides, Harper didn't take on Obama like Trudeau did Trump when he jabbed at Trump during the primary. 

 

Face it.   Trudeau looks so out of his league.  He's beginning to act his age besides all the world leaders!  You can only go so much for the pretty boy looks and curly head to welcome the new kid in the block  - and then, you move on to serious grown-up stuffs.

Edited by betsy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Yes, blind attachment to an ideology that says all communism is bad is pointless too.  Castro was a repressive tyrant, but Cuba still has a GDP per capita better than Mexico, Brazil, Venezuela, Colombia, Peru, Barbados, Costa Rica, Grenada, Ecuador, St. Vincent, Saint Lucia, Jamaica, Paraguay, El Salvador, Guyana, Bolivia, Nicaragua, Honduras, Dominica, Haiti, Dominican Republic, so economically it's doing better than the overwhelming majority of Latin American countries and about as well as the ones not mentioned, not to mention having the same life expectancy as Americans.

Interesting. I suspect Cuba was used during the cold war to be a thorn in the side of the USA, and Soviets provided a lot of resources to support of this tiny island nation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So are we suppose to hate Castro because America says so?

How can we complain about political prisoners in Cuba, when there are American political prisoners in Guantanamo bay, Cuba?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No defending that statement. It was am embarrassment for the people of Canada to have a PM that would show regret for the death of a tyrannical dictator like Castro. The left want to prop him up as a fighter against an imperial empire, but he only raised to prominence by aligning himself with another imperial empire that stashed nukes a few hundred miles from Miami. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, betsy said:

Did you see how ridiculous Trudeau was on the world stage in Madagascar?  He justified heaping praises on Castro  by saying how Canada feels one with mourning Cubans.....and when he's asked if he thinks Castro was a dictator -  he said yes.

Who mourns a brutal dictator?  His cronies, of course. :lol:

So, Canada is mourning with the Cubans who benefited from the dictatorship of Castro! 

DUH?

Exactly.  "Duh" is right. 

Harper was a crony for a dictator of Saudi Arabia hence in his own words "We join the people of Saudi Arabia in mourning his passing." 

http://pm.gc.ca/eng/news/2016/11/27/prime-minister-announces-significant-support-international-aid-while-attending-xvi

We should always call out our leaders when they pull this crap. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, betsy said:

Trump was not speaking for the American people when he twitted.  He wasn't even elected yet. 

 

And, most importantly to keep in mind (to be rational about this)...........

 

........Trump is not our PM.  He doesn't represent Canada.

 

Trudeau is being blasted for speaking for Canada!

 

 

Yet you keep talkng about how Trump is going to outwit our "duh" PM. 

That our PM lacks gravitas or something because he makes stupid statements about a dead dictator but Trump is fine because he uses the "best words" and has the balls to grab women by the "pussy." 

Problem being that Harper has made stupid statements about dead dictators and you can't even bring yourself to admit the truth about it. 

It is always deny, deny, deny with you types. 

Can't even admit, when it is plain for all to see, that politicans do stupid things all the time and they usually become forgotten until the next gaffe when we have to bring it up and remind those who continue to keep themselves ignorant of history that these things have happened, and just recently too, and oh did you forget etc...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, msj said:

Yet you keep talkng about how Trump is going to outwit our "duh" PM. 

That our PM lacks gravitas or something because he makes stupid statements about a dead dictator but Trump is fine because he uses the "best words" and has the balls to grab women by the "pussy." 

Problem being that Harper has made stupid statements about dead dictators and you can't even bring yourself to admit the truth about it. 

It is always deny, deny, deny with you types. 

Can't even admit, when it is plain for all to see, that politicans do stupid things all the time and they usually become forgotten until the next gaffe when we have to bring it up and remind those who continue to keep themselves ignorant of history that these things have happened, and just recently too, and oh did you forget etc...

 

 

Whether you like to face it or not - Trump is very much relevant to Canada now!   Why do you think all Canadian pundits are talking about his every move?

One political analyst was interviewed on CTV regarding Trudeau's comment about Castro.  He pointed out the obvious:  why would you want to antagonize the new administration of the USA?

 

If our economy isn't going to be greatly affected, I suppose I don't care if Trudeau declares barb war on Trump.   :lol:

 

It doesn't make sense to ruffle feathers of people you'll be negotiating with,  (or possibly) begging to, a few months  later. 

If Trump takes it upon himself to deal with Trudeau, I can just hear it now. 

Remember when Trump talked about Romney?  "If I told him to kneel, he would've knelt down before me!" 

Edited by betsy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People talk of Trump because he is a buffoon who happens to be PEOTUS. 

Trump will do what his minions do for the US while people focus on his silly tweets. 

Trudeau has been quite reasonable with Trump since his election, no? 

Trudeau has to walk a fine line of having to deal with the US buffoon on the one hand while dealing with voters in Canada who don't want him to play nice with yet another authoritarian, OTOH. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, msj said:

People talk of Trump because he is a buffoon who happens to be PEOTUS. 

Trump will do what his minions do for the US while people focus on his silly tweets. 

Trudeau has been quite reasonable with Trump since his election, no? 

Trudeau has to walk a fine line of having to deal with the US buffoon on the one hand while dealing with voters in Canada who don't want him to play nice with yet another authoritarian, OTOH. 

So the election removed the checks and balances that keeps the the US from being authoritarian? When did that happen? 

Just like Trump has had to walk back many of his extreme claims, JT has had to come down upon his negative impression of Trump. They're each other's biggest trading partner, they have to play nice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really thought that Trudeau's statement was stupid.

Then Donald Trump started talking about illegal votes in the election that he won, and I realized it wasn't that stupid.

Besides, as has been pointed out to me, what Trudeau said was almost completely accurate.  If he had used the word dictator in the first place, instead of clarifying with it the next day, we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

On the other hand, #trudeaueulogies made for some great reading.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Smallc said:

I really thought that Trudeau's statement was stupid.

 

Should have stopped there.

They whole family has thing for communism, that much is clear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Interesting. I suspect Cuba was used during the cold war to be a thorn in the side of the USA, and Soviets provided a lot of resources to support of this tiny island nation.

Possibly true, but the USSR has been dead for 25 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, msj said:

....Trudeau has been quite reasonable with Trump since his election, no? 
 

 

Justin Trudeau opened his big yap before the election and now he has to kiss Trump's ass.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Smallc said:

Trudeau said nothing before the election.

 

Then why did his staff have to tell him to shut up about the U.S. election ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Smallc said:

They didn't - because he didn't say anything.

 

Not directly...he skated around the things he wanted to say.  

He smugly told America to pay more attention to the world.  

Still, he had plenty to say about the U.S. election....his view of "better angels" in the U.S. elected Donald Trump.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Smallc said:

So, he didn't say anything - just like I said.

 

No....he said plenty....in Canada, the UN, and the United States.   He and his Liberal party never planned on Trump winning.  Ooops !

Now he has to play nice even if Trump calls him the worst ever.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/27/2016 at 0:21 AM, Derek 2.0 said:


There is no comparison.......read the first line:

 

Castro......served his people for half a century? Its not like they had any say in the matter :lol:

If Justin and his ilk had anything to say about it we'd all have one world government where only the politically correct elite had a say in anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Smallc said:

I really thought that Trudeau's statement was stupid.

Then Donald Trump started talking about illegal votes in the election that he won, and I realized it wasn't that stupid.

Besides, as has been pointed out to me, what Trudeau said was almost completely accurate.  If he had used the word dictator in the first place, instead of clarifying with it the next day, we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

On the other hand, #trudeaueulogies made for some great reading.

I'm pretty far from what you'd call a Trudeau supporter and I seriously don't get this.  

Us everyday folks are free to say whatever we want when a public figure passes (dare I bring up Nancy Reagan), but heads of state normally approach the issue with diplomacy and utter some nice things whether or not they hated the other person's politics.  

MSJ brought up Harper's statement about the Saudi and that's a good example... I don't judge Harper for saying nice things about a terrible person any more than I do Trudeau.  They're prime minsters  and they're doing their jobs.  

Obama was the king when it comes to diplomacy and Donald Trump has no idea what the word means.  

No wonder the right wingers are going nuts.  They whole notion escapes them completely.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ha! those Nancy Reagan threads were fun. 

Man, she was a horrible hag. 

Glad public officials are more dipolmatic than anonymous me. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, msj said:

So he said something but you can't cite what was said? 

 

How many stupid Justin Trudeau utterances do I have to cite ?  Use America's Google to find them...it's free.

His own party said he was stupid for blinking on NAFTA, before Trump is even in office.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...