Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums
betsy

"The Problem Of Blackness"

Recommended Posts

Just now, Michael Hardner said:

Sorry, but the claim is hers.  If 'academia' is to be mocked outright, then I expect the claimant to be responsible and suggest something better.

No, the claim is yours. It's a straw man you're building. She merely mocked your trotting out the term 'academia' as if it was some sort of magical talisman with which any member (or supporter) can use to shield themselves from legitimate criticism of them claiming their pet theories are based on more than their own ideological zealotry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Argus said:

That's an intellectually dishonest reply to what she posted. She pointed out ideological zealots who interpret evidence whichever way suits their particular ideology, and that yes, these people infest the humanities to an unhealthy degree. The mere fact one has a university degree, even a PHD does not in any way suggest you aren't a moronic idiot and that we should take your statements - sans real evidence, as reality. Witness the PHD professor from Florida state fired this last month for harassing the surviving family of a murdered child because he was a conspiracy believer.

Sure but he is trying to move away from a historical fact that white race (not the skin, not the color) but the idea, was constructed for the sole purpose of spreading racist policies and racially discriminating against non-white people, specifically african americans, black indians and red indians. and later expanded to yellow and brown races.  That is the problem of whiteness.  It has no known parallel among other groups. He is trying to say well some professors are bias, sure this is a fact, or dismiss entire swaths of study and challenge the experts, when it is not the experts who are the issue.  The issue is white supremacy and white racism. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, betsy said:

I don't mock academia.   I mocked how it's used.

 

Like as if, the use of the term "academia," is enough to prove his point.

In your mind, what would be enough to prove the point?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hernanday said:

Sure but he is trying to move away from a historical fact that white race (not the skin, not the color) but the idea, was constructed for the sole purpose of spreading racist policies and racially discriminating against non-white people,

What on earth are you talking about!  Of course the white race is about the white race!  WHITE PEOPLE!  SKIN COLOR!

 

Cite a link to your source.  I'd like to read it.

Edited by betsy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, betsy said:

What on earth are you talking about!  Of course the white race is about the white race!  WHITE PEOPLE!  SKIN COLOR!

No one has white skin. pink, beige, brown, yellow, red, but not white.  Ive never seen a person with skin the color of the background text here., at least not a live one.

The concept of whiteness was invented to discriminate against people classified as non-white.  Are you aware that many groups we now think of white were classified as non-white historically?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, hernanday said:

Hundreds. No, I was addressing your arguments though, which kind of did argue both ways. It is true not every expert is the best, but it is also true those european scholars where a minority of the earth scholars who thought the world was flat, most africans, asians understood it was round.

That does kinda make my point for me.  Sure, we're talking science now and the case for one argument could be made concrete, given empirical evidence, but the idea that "expert" opinion is to be accepted without question is not one to which I subscribe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bcsapper said:

That does kinda make my point for me.  Sure, we're talking science now and the case for one argument could be made concrete, given empirical evidence, but the idea that "expert" opinion is to be accepted without question is not one to which I subscribe.

I agree that we should not blindly subscribe to expert opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, betsy said:

 Yes, there is.

There isn't even a white culture in America.  There certainly isn't a uniform black culture.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/25/2016 at 5:48 AM, betsy said:

 Or,  "The Problem of Redness."  Or,  "The Problem of Gayness." 

  Imagine how society would react if a US university offers such course.  Just think of the massive protests, and demands of resignations from professors and university administration.  Facebook would've exploded with various sorts of shaming, and all these shamed individuals would've been blackballed! 

 

Yet, here is a course about the problem of whiteness, being offered in Wisconsin!  

 

 

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/12/22/university-of-wisconsin-to-offer-the-problem-of-whiteness-course/

 

This is bigotry against white people.  What madness! 

Bigotry and hatred is on the rise all over the world against the Caucasian race. White people are starting to be hated just for being white. And the sad part about it all is that many brainwashed white fools believe the fake media that white people are the problem, not the solution. The Caucasian race has been led to believe that they are the problem as to why non-whites cannot make it in a white world. Yet, it is the white world that is letting in hundreds of millions of non-whites into their countries. Some racist people, eh? I watch our BC local news channels and I am starting to see more non-whites reporting the news than white people are. It has too come down to where white people must begin to unite as a people and a race if they want to survive as a people. Now we know some will call that racism but nothing knew here. Those are the white haters saying that. They need to be ignored. 

This is why I call myself a pro-white activist. I want to expose the anti-white bigotry and racism going on and what is happening to the Caucasian people who are on a racial suicidal course if they don't soon wake up. It is madness, and the white people will not do or say anything about it. I guess that they are afraid of being called that a racist which always will shut them up. They have become wimps and cowards and a bunch of politically correct zombies, and their children and grandchildren will pay for their cowardice big time. In some countries in Europe they are starting to wake up. Will that happen in Canada? I guess only time will tell. Best not too wait too much longer. Time is flying by.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, hernanday said:

Sure but he is trying to move away from a historical fact that white race (not the skin, not the color) but the idea, was constructed for the sole purpose of spreading racist policies and racially discriminating against non-white people, specifically african americans, black indians and red indians. and later expanded to yellow and brown races.  That is the problem of whiteness.  It has no known parallel among other groups. He is trying to say well some professors are bias, sure this is a fact, or dismiss entire swaths of study and challenge the experts, when it is not the experts who are the issue.  The issue is white supremacy and white racism. 

What a bunch of bull. So, where is all this white supremacy and white racism happening in Canada? What I see coming from our politically correct fake politicians, and the fake corporate media, is more anti-white than pro-white hatred. When whites commit crimes against non-whites it becomes front page news. Let the reverse happen, and it is buried in the back of the newspaper or not reported at all. This is the reality today, and fact.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Smallc said:

There isn't even a white culture in America.  There certainly isn't a uniform black culture.

No use hiding the truth and facts here. The white culture is disappearing because of the zionist elite and of their promoting and being involved in pushing for more non-white immigration, and less white immigration. Barbara Lerner Spectre told us as to who is behind non-white immigration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hernanday said:

Sure but he is trying to move away from a historical fact that white race (not the skin, not the color) but the idea, was constructed for the sole purpose of spreading racist policies and racially discriminating against non-white people, specifically african americans, black indians and red indians. and later expanded to yellow and brown races. 

It's not a historical fact. Every historical racial/ethnic group immediately recognized the racial differences, primarily skin pigmentation, but also others, between themselves and other races and treated them differently. A different race meant foreign, and foreign wasn't to be trusted. It often meant hostility for the same reason. There is nothing unique about this. It is part of the human condition. The Chinese then and now continue to regard themselves as racially superior to others, so do the Japanese. Africans routinely practice racism against other Africans based upon appearance, as well as against Asians and Whites. And in terms of today, Whites are far and away less likely to be racists than any other racial grouping since they tend to live in more sophisticated cultures. In fact, if you look at this, it sets out the world's 25 most racist countries. None are white except Russia, which slips in at number 20. Racism today is largely a matter of other races disliking and discriminating against each other and against Whites.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, taxme said:

Bigotry and hatred is on the rise all over the world against the Caucasian race. White people are starting to be hated just for being white. And the sad part about it all is that many brainwashed white fools believe the fake media that white people are the problem, not the solution. The Caucasian race has been led to believe that they are the problem as to why non-whites cannot make it in a white world. Yet, it is the white world that is letting in hundreds of millions of non-whites into their countries. Some racist people, eh? I watch our BC local news channels and I am starting to see more non-whites reporting the news than white people are. It has too come down to where white people must begin to unite as a people and a race if they want to survive as a people. Now we know some will call that racism but nothing knew here. Those are the white haters saying that. They need to be ignored. 

 

Why is it  on the rise?

Who is the caucasian race?

Who are white people?

White people can indeed be the solution, but the question is, will they take the necessary actions to make the world more peaceful

Why is the world a white world to begin with?  How did 5% of the world's population manage to take the other 95% of the world and put it under their control.  And of course their stealing, robbing, taking and butchering from the other 95% would have nothing to do with them being disliked right?

What is wrong with more non-white reporters if "Race doesn't matter and 'you are color blind and don't see race'"?

If the world is white, then how are white people not surviving?  Don't they only have themselves to blame since it is a white world?

 

5 hours ago, taxme said:

This is why I call myself a pro-white activist. I want to expose the anti-white bigotry and racism going on and what is happening to the Caucasian people who are on a racial suicidal course if they don't soon wake up. It is madness, and the white people will not do or say anything about it. I guess that they are afraid of being called that a racist which always will shut them up. They have become wimps and cowards and a bunch of politically correct zombies, and their children and grandchildren will pay for their cowardice big time. In some countries in Europe they are starting to wake up. Will that happen in Canada? I guess only time will tell. Best not too wait too much longer. Time is flying by.  

No one can be racist to white people, because under the global condition of white supremacy, whites are always in charge, that is what it means to be a white supremacist and to be under white supremacy.  If people can be racist to whites, then we don't have a white world anymore.

Which countries in Europe have they "woken up in".  You mean Britain where they are sending back all the white polish workers and replacing them with non-white indians, africans, canadians and carribeans from the common wealth?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, hernanday said:

 

Why is it  on the rise?

Who is the caucasian race?

Who are white people?

White people can indeed be the solution, but the question is, will they take the necessary actions to make the world more peaceful

Why is the world a white world to begin with?  How did 5% of the world's population manage to take the other 95% of the world and put it under their control.  And of course their stealing, robbing, taking and butchering from the other 95% would have nothing to do with them being disliked right?

What is wrong with more non-white reporters if "Race doesn't matter and 'you are color blind and don't see race'"?

If the world is white, then how are white people not surviving?  Don't they only have themselves to blame since it is a white world?

 

No one can be racist to white people, because under the global condition of white supremacy, whites are always in charge, that is what it means to be a white supremacist and to be under white supremacy.  If people can be racist to whites, then we don't have a white world anymore.

Which countries in Europe have they "woken up in".  You mean Britain where they are sending back all the white polish workers and replacing them with non-white indians, africans, canadians and carribeans from the common wealth?

 

There is no wetter opinion than "No one can be racist to white people."  Not only is it racist, it's a cowardly cop out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, taxme said:

What a bunch of bull. So, where is all this white supremacy and white racism happening in Canada? What I see coming from our politically correct fake politicians, and the fake corporate media, is more anti-white than pro-white hatred. When whites commit crimes against non-whites it becomes front page news. Let the reverse happen, and it is buried in the back of the newspaper or not reported at all. This is the reality today, and fact.  

It is right here:

church.jpg

 

I don't agree with your comment, but even if it were true, use your brain.  If a non-white person throws a rock out the window, there is a 75% chance it hit someone white (majority).  Reverse it, the number falls to just 25%.  There is no long history of non-whites mass murdering whites in canada, genociding them, enslaving them, denying them legal rights, and structural racism against them.  Whites are a privileged group here, all the prime ministers have been white only.  The reverse is not comparable because non-whites simply never did what whites did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Argus said:

It's not a historical fact. Every historical racial/ethnic group immediately recognized the racial differences, primarily skin pigmentation, but also others, between themselves and other races and treated them differently. A different race meant foreign, and foreign wasn't to be trusted. It often meant hostility for the same reason. There is nothing unique about this. It is part of the human condition. The Chinese then and now continue to regard themselves as racially superior to others, so do the Japanese. Africans routinely practice racism against other Africans based upon appearance, as well as against Asians and Whites. And in terms of today, Whites are far and away less likely to be racists than any other racial grouping since they tend to live in more sophisticated cultures. In fact, if you look at this, it sets out the world's 25 most racist countries. None are white except Russia, which slips in at number 20. Racism today is largely a matter of other races disliking and discriminating against each other and against Whites.

No, because the concept of race did not exist back then in that view and it was not even consistent from nation to nation.

Racism is not so much about individual practices here.  That is more akin to bigotry.

Let me guess, a white person wrote the list.

Racism today is the same as it was 100,200, 300 years ago, white racism and global white supremacy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

There is no wetter opinion than "No one can be racist to white people."  Not only is it racist, it's a cowardly cop out. 

Well it is a fact not racist.  Not under the current conditions anyways.  In Canada, in this world, in 2016, it is impossible for a non-white peoples to be racist to whites.

Bigoted, biased, prejudiced, yes, racist, impossible.  The only example I can think of approaching to what one could call people being racist to white people, was well, other white people, like Hitlers act on the slavs, or when Canada and USA defined some groups who they now call white as non-whites years ago and treated them poorly in the past.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hernanday said:

Well it is a fact not racist.  Not under the current conditions anyways.  In Canada, in this world, in 2016, it is impossible for a non-white peoples to be racist to whites.

Bigoted, biased, prejudiced, yes, racist, impossible.  The only example I can think of approaching to what one could call people being racist to white people, was well, other white people, like Hitlers act on the slavs, or when Canada and USA defined some groups who they now call white as non-whites years ago and treated them poorly in the past.

It's not a fact, it's an opinion. Wet one, too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, hernanday said:

But not all whites define themselves as white, and even who is classified as white is very malleable and has changed several times even in the last 100 years.

I think they understand whiteness as a cultural construct rather than merely physical attributes.  When I see a course titled the problem of whiteness, it is not the skin color (white people are of a pink or beige skin color) but rather the cultural construct around white supremacy.  Why was the concept of whiteness created in America, European pink skin people were not calling themselves white when they first came here.  Once you figure that out, you will underrstand why the course title is not only not racist, but the most accurate term that can exist.

Oh give me a break.  Caucasians are called "white" and Africans are called "black" people.  "Whiteness" it's very obviously referring to the colour of the skin.  It's a racial term.  The course isn't called "the problem with western civilization".  If you want to talk about "whiteness", which is defined as "the state of being white", but want to redefine the term "whiteness" to focus almost entirely on the oppressive power relations white people perpetrate and then devote an entire academic topic of study to this...then yes it's a racist term, or at least it's being dealt with in a racist way.  If you want to study "whiteness", then study all that it means to be "white", whatever the heck that means.

Edited by Moonlight Graham

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2016-12-25 at 9:30 PM, hernanday said:

All whites are some kind of a supremacist when you look at the facts and evidence, the schools are trying to fix this.

This is a vile and completely unproveable claim. Do you think all gay people are promiscuous and all asians are good at math too?

Quote

It is no one's fault but white people's so its time the academics stop acting all mealy mouthed and beating around the bush.  Racism is a white problem, whiteness is the problem, the issues we are having in society now, deal with the bad behaviour of white people.  And until they accept that and change their behaviour, things will be worse for everyone in society.

I can tell you that I've NEVER met any race or ethnic group that didn't have a significant portion of racists among them  The reason why white racists are focused on as the major problem is because they're the majority in western countries like Canada & the US, and therefore have the most power...and that power has been used by many whites to oppress other racial minorities.  White majority countries have in modern historically been the most powerful in the world, so when European technology advanced to the point where inter-continental travel became possible in the 15th century and different societies ("races") began to interact far more, it was the white European countries who colonized and oppressed the non-white countries.  But I can virtually assure you that if Africans or Asians or native americans had the huge dominance in technology Europeans had in the 15th century they would have colonized and conquered and committed mass murder too.  That's not to excuse in any way the terrible things a lot of white people throughout history have done to oppress other races/socities, it's just to say that racism is a human problem we all need to overcome, not just a white problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2016-12-25 at 1:24 PM, dialamah said:

Merely by virtue of being white, you have no choice but to live a 'white identity'.   Doesn't matter if you believe you have nothing in common with all your white neighbors, your white skin, in Canada, provides you with certain privileges of which you are largely unaware.   

Perhaps you've been to a Richmond mall and experienced being the only *white* person in a sea of non-whites, of seeing signs that are not your native language, and hearing all around you a language you do not understand.   It can be disconcerting, at the least.  This is the experience for virtually every immigrant who comes to Canada, something they live with daily.   This is not something you even have to think about, because you are White and Canada is steeped in White (Canadian) culture.

You can walk down the street in any urban center and see your *kind* reflected back at you at least 50% of the time.  In many places in Canada, especially small towns, you have that sameness reflected back to you 90% of the time or more.   Your culture surrounds you daily, in ways large and small and in ways you don't even recognize.  People smile at you more - because you are White.   Sales people help (or harass, depending on your mood) more quickly - because you are white.   Your Whiteness will get you jobs more easily and will also predispose other White people to trust you more readily - this trust is no small thing when white people make up the majority of the population in Canada.  

You don't have to concern yourself with the Argus's and Taxme's of this world, who would be happy to ensure you didn't live here if you weren't White. Nobody will accost you in a parking lot or on a bus and yell at you for not being White.   Should Canada elect their own Trump, you will not be a target of White Supremacists or Neo-Nazi groups, or even fanatical right-wing nuts.  

I understand that a lot of this is normal human behavior; we prefer those who are 'like' us, whether skin color, culture or beliefs.  But that doesn't mean we can't examine what that looks like, and the ways it impacts our society and all the people who live in our society.

I agree with everything you said.  I'm glad you have a fair view of things.  This has been labeled "white privilege",  I have no problem with this examination.  I just don't like the label "whiteness" or "whiteness studies".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, hernanday said:

Sure but he is trying to move away from a historical fact that white race (not the skin, not the color) but the idea, was constructed for the sole purpose of spreading racist policies and racially discriminating against non-white people, specifically african americans, black indians and red indians. and later expanded to yellow and brown races.

Basically true.

Quote

 That is the problem of whiteness.  It has no known parallel among other groups.

Absolutely false.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, hernanday said:

No one has white skin. pink, beige, brown, yellow, red, but not white.  Ive never seen a person with skin the color of the background text here., at least not a live one.

The concept of whiteness was invented to discriminate against people classified as non-white.  Are you aware that many groups we now think of white were classified as non-white historically?

:rolleyes:

 

If you say there's no white skin, how can you say there are non-whites? If white doesn't exist, there wouldn't be non-whites!  Gee.....what source are you using?  What so-called academia guru are you listening to? :lol:

 

Indians called them, "paleface,"  to distinguish from North American Indians.

 

I suppose Indians were indoctrinated to your so-called concept, and they used that classification, so they can discriminate against themselves? :)

 

What could be categorized as "white" may have shifted and changed, however obviously, there are still non-whites. 

 

Given time, maybe someday there wouldn't be any white (and non-white for that matter).

But all that's irrelevant to the issue that, there is an agenda to strip white folks of their identity. 

 

 

 

Edited by betsy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...