Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums
Michael Hardner

Hollywood Actor Tweets The President Should Die

Recommended Posts

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4073106/Fury-Charlie-Sheen-says-Trump-celebrity-die-prompting-backlash-web-users-calling-scumbag-useless-cockroach.html

Quote

Fury as Charlie Sheen says Trump should be the next celebrity to die prompting backlash from web users calling him a 'scumbag' and a 'useless cockroach' 

Ha ha.  Why don't people relax ?  Even if he called on people to murder a public figure, or murdered a public figure people should have a sense of humour. 

Or... alternately... can somebody suggest a way to calibrate the limits of poor behaviour to continue without rebuke ? 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aside from sharing his STD to countless pussies he'd grabbed.....what did Charlie Sheen contribute to this world? 

 

The last one to open his mouth to criticize anyone would be this bozo.   Must be needing some emergency attention pretty badly!  Actually, he's on my celebrity list of most likely to commit suicide....or overdose. :lol::lol:

Edited by betsy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you saying that people who haven't reached a level of achievement should shut up ?

That's a different angle.  

I don't think that one works, let's see if there's another suggestion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that people who call other people scumbags and cockroaches have reached at least the same level of relaxation as those who call for others to die.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Are you saying that people who haven't reached a level of achievement should shut up ?

That's a different angle.  

I don't think that one works, let's see if there's another suggestion.

 

No, I'm not saying he must shut up.   But, he should!  It depends on what he's criticizing about, doesn't it?

I'm reacting to his tweet - the nitwit! :lol:

Edited by betsy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Michael Hardner said:

So it's a joke then.

 

I don't know.  You're the one who created the thread.  Is it a joke?  You tell me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

So it's a joke then.

 

Most likely, Sheen didn't even remember that he was on twitter, let alone what he tweeted.  :lol:

 

Why did you create a thread about Charlie Sheen anyway? :D

 

 

Edited by betsy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Charlie Sheen is a drug addict, and the drug is fame.  When people stop looking at him, he has to give them a reason to do so again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, betsy said:

Why did you create a thread about Charlie Sheen anyway? :D

I am trying to figure out why the same people who lose their heads over a joke can accept an extreme joke from their own tribe.

You seem to be one of those people.  You think Charlie sheen should shut up over a bad joke but the incoming President is excused for another bad joke.

It's too much to expect people to act completely objectively in such things, we're not robots after all.  But I am getting really bored with people who live with two sets of standards.  Anybody who supports Trump really shouldn't criticize flippant comments from any public figure, IMO, as the new guy has normalized them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I am trying to figure out why the same people who lose their heads over a joke can accept an extreme joke from their own tribe.

You seem to be one of those people.  You think Charlie sheen should shut up over a bad joke but the incoming President is excused for another bad joke.

It's too much to expect people to act completely objectively in such things, we're not robots after all.  But I am getting really bored with people who live with two sets of standards.  Anybody who supports Trump really shouldn't criticize flippant comments from any public figure, IMO, as the new guy has normalized them.

 

It might seem like a joke to you.....but for some, it isn't.   Unless you're hiding somewhere for the past month or so, you should know that anti-Trump aren't joking about the fact that it's Trump who'll become President in three weeks.  You saw the reaction(s) by those who couldn't get over it!

To tweet something like that, is a provocation to say the least.  And he's getting reactions.  He got you, didn't he?  You wouldn't waste bandwidth creating a thread over a flippant "joke" if it didn't get your attention somehow.

 

Quote

 

His tweet, which read, 'Dear God; Trump next, please! Trump next, please! Trump next, please! Trump next, please! Trump next, please! Trump next, please!,' was shared just hours after it was announced Debbie Reynolds had died. 

The post caused fury among those mourning the actress, with users calling him a 'scumbag and a 'useless cockroach'.

 

 
 
 
 
As to one who could die sooner........given his lifestyle, I'm amazed that the irony is lost on SheenTHAT'S the punchline on this joke, imho.
Edited by betsy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course the joke got my attention.  For "some" it isn't but I expect that those humourless people also hold Trumps statements as non-jokes.

Do you see what I mean ?  It's about following principles.

Does it bother you when liberals excuse the exact same behavior done by their side but not done by the other side ?  If so then you must believe in principles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I am trying to figure out why the same people who lose their heads over a joke can accept an extreme joke from their own tribe.

You seem to be one of those people.  You think Charlie sheen should shut up over a bad joke but the incoming President is excused for another bad joke.

It's too much to expect people to act completely objectively in such things, we're not robots after all.  But I am getting really bored with people who live with two sets of standards.  Anybody who supports Trump really shouldn't criticize flippant comments from any public figure, IMO, as the new guy has normalized them.

Can you support someone, and still find some of their comments a bit dodgy?  I think both Charlie Sheen and Donald Trump are complete pratts, but their comments don't mean much, and so far Charlie Sheen is the only one who has starred in a decent movie about Vietnam.  So I do give him the edge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Of course the joke got my attention.  For "some" it isn't but I expect that those humourless people also hold Trumps statements as non-jokes.

Do you see what I mean ?  It's about following principles.

Does it bother you when liberals excuse the exact same behavior done by their side but not done by the other side ?  If so then you must believe in principles.

 

I've never denied that Trump had said some stupid things.  I'm not making excuses for his crude comments - I like him for President because of his platform. 

Yes, double standards bother me.  However.....

There is no comparison between Trump and Sheen.  One will be the President, while the other is.....well, a celebrity with his own issues (if we're to believe the tabloids).

Edited by betsy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, betsy said:

 

I've never denied that Trump had said some stupid things.  I'm not making excuses for his crude comments - I like him for President because of his platform.  There is no comparison between him and Sheen.  One will be the President, while the other is.....well, a celebrity.

 

I like 2 1/2 Men...Berta is a blast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DogOnPorch said:

 

I like 2 1/2 Men...Berta is a blast.

Is he back in 21/2 men?  Last time I heard....he got booted out, or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

...so far Charlie Sheen is the only one who has starred in a decent movie about Vietnam.  So I do give him the edge.

Apples to Oranges.  Who had the better reality show I ask you ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Michael Hardner said:

Apples to Oranges.  Who had the better reality show I ask you ?

I have never watched a reality show.  I want that on my tombstone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, betsy said:

Is he back in 21/2 men?  Last time I heard....he got booted out, or something.

Re-runs....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Apples to Oranges.  Who had the better reality show I ask you ?

Trump!  Media are hooked on him!

 

Does Sheen have a reality show?  I don't follow him.....not even when he was at 21/2 men.

Edited by betsy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

They are both celebrities.  One is a celebrity-reality-show President.

 

Well, media turned his political career into a reality show. He most likely manipulated it that way.

  Trump knows how to play with them - it worked well for him.

Edited by betsy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you really think that Trump will be president without being assassinated in a way ? US is an unstable country and there may happen a coup at any moment. Currently there is a huge fight behind the closed doors. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...