Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Argus

Pride Toronto wimps out

Recommended Posts

Fulfilling the stereotype, the organizers of Toronto pride celebrations allowed themselves to be bullied by a shrill group of angry extremist blacks and banned police from participating in their future events. The BCLM movement (Black Criminal Lives Matter) insist that police make Black criminals feel triggered and unsafe, and demanded police be kept away. The pride people voted (in an unschedule, unannounced vote) to do as they were told for fear the racist black activists would block their next parade like they threatened to do to the last one.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/toronto/pride-toronto-votes-to-limit-police-role-in-annual-parade/article33665129/

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It does fly in the face of the inclusiveness of the event. 

I doubt this story is over. The City could threaten to pull funding and the police could threaten to not actually police the event. 

Regardless this year's parade could be very interesting if BLM decides to disrupt it again and/or if the Police refuse to do their job. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And the problem is a precedent is set. What group next? 

Pride is about inclusiveness but it has been hijacked before for politiCal reasons. This group is now defunct,   the point being special interests groups should find other venues.

http://rabble.ca/news/2011/07/queers-against-israeli-apartheid-drops-banner-during-toronto-pride

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How inclusive can an event be when an organization armed with guns and given the right to kill anyone who makes them feel threatened is permitted to celebrate at an event infront of the people they have a long history of abusing and mistreating? This was no surprise, Toronto police have a very long history of racial discrimination and unjust murders, you wouldn't let paul bernardo have a float, why any other killer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because the police and Bernardo are the same thing.

Give your head a shake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, hernanday said:

How inclusive can an event be when an organization armed with guns and given the right to kill anyone who makes them feel threatened is permitted to celebrate at an event infront of the people they have a long history of abusing and mistreating? This was no surprise, Toronto police have a very long history of racial discrimination and unjust murders, you wouldn't let paul bernardo have a float, why any other killer?

Police showed their support for gays in Toronto by participating in the Pride parade. It was a symbol that the rights of gays would be protected, that violent forms of homophobia won't be tolerated. It wasn't too long ago that it was common for a homo to be punched out in the street, in broad daylight. Halloween night was for going gay-bashing down at St. Charles Tavern on Yonge. For the Pride organizers to make this move is an insult to police, and normal Canadians.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Argus said:

The BCLM movement (Black Criminal Lives Matter) insist that police make Black criminals feel triggered and unsafe

As if criminals were the only black people who need to worry when cops are around.

 

As the article points out, the Toronto Pride parade began from protests against the mass arrests at Toronto gay establishments in the 1980s.  They were the enemy, at the time... the whole reason this thing began. They inadvertently played a foundational role in launching gay rights activism in not just Toronto but across Canada.  I think their presence at the event is of symbolic significance.

 -k

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Police showed their support for gays in Toronto by participating in the Pride parade. It was a symbol that the rights of gays would be protected, that violent forms of homophobia won't be tolerated. It wasn't too long ago that it was common for a homo to be punched out in the street, in broad daylight. Halloween night was for going gay-bashing down at St. Charles Tavern on Yonge. For the Pride organizers to make this move is an insult to police, and normal Canadians.

And the police were participating in a great deal of that homophobia, the pride parade was started as a reaction to Toronto police homophobia raiding a gay bath house and locking up people just for being gay.  The Toronto police have continued their bigotry and hatred against the original community, so it is no surprise BLM who stands for the aggrieved and unjustly attacked people like Jamma Jamma where the Toronto police lied and beat him up wrote a false report and charged him with assault on an officer and were seeking deportation against him, and then the video came out and showed he never touched the officer but the officer was beating him on the ground for several minutes.  The Toronto police have never been held accountable for that, they lied under oath, they tried to get an innocent man thrown in jail and deported to a country he fled as a refugee, they beat him without just cause and hospitalized him, and then you wonder why some people don't want them at a parade for gay and original gay people?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, hernanday said:

And the police were participating in a great deal of that homophobia, the pride parade was started as a reaction to Toronto police homophobia raiding a gay bath house and locking up people just for being gay.  The Toronto police have continued their bigotry and hatred against the original community, so it is no surprise BLM who stands for the aggrieved and unjustly attacked people like Jamma Jamma where the Toronto police lied and beat him up wrote a false report and charged him with assault on an officer and were seeking deportation against him, and then the video came out and showed he never touched the officer but the officer was beating him on the ground for several minutes.  The Toronto police have never been held accountable for that, they lied under oath, they tried to get an innocent man thrown in jail and deported to a country he fled as a refugee, they beat him without just cause and hospitalized him, and then you wonder why some people don't want them at a parade for gay and original gay people?

What's the difference between a gay person and an original gay person?  One knew from birth, one just figured it out?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bcsapper said:

What's the difference between a gay person and an original gay person?  One knew from birth, one just figured it out?

 

whats the difference between a gay person and a yellow gay person or a red indian gay person?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hernanday said:

whats the difference between a gay person and a yellow gay person or a red indian gay person?

What colour is the first one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kimmy said:

As if criminals were the only black people who need to worry when cops are around.

Of all the sensationalized cases of Black people being shot by police (virtually all in the US) I have seen maybe two where a black person was shot who was not a criminal in one way or another, and who was not actively resisting police at the time.

I openly admit there is a huge problem with police training in north america, with their lack of training in defusing tense situations and their lack of training and alternatives to using guns. But a the same time, the violence and crime from the black community is statistically very high, and is what draws police interest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Argus said:

Of all the sensationalized cases of Black people being shot by police (virtually all in the US) I have seen maybe two where a black person was shot who was not a criminal in one way or another, and who was not actively resisting police at the time.

I openly admit there is a huge problem with police training in north america, with their lack of training in defusing tense situations and their lack of training and alternatives to using guns. But a the same time, the violence and crime from the black community is statistically very high, and is what draws police interest.

Almost all the crime in Canada comes from whites and native indians.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Argus said:

Of all the sensationalized cases of Black people being shot by police (virtually all in the US) I have seen maybe two where a black person was shot who was not a criminal in one way or another, and who was not actively resisting police at the time.

I openly admit there is a huge problem with police training in north america, with their lack of training in defusing tense situations and their lack of training and alternatives to using guns. But a the same time, the violence and crime from the black community is statistically very high, and is what draws police interest.

What about all the cases you haven't seen?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, hernanday said:

its like saying people vs red people.

Which is exactly what you did.  I'm just asking what you meant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Which is exactly what you did.  I'm just asking what you meant.

I was simply distinguishing thattoronto police have a history of discrimination against gays in general, and gays who are non-white.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hernanday said:

I was simply distinguishing thattoronto police have a history of discrimination against gays in general, and gays who are non-white.

Which ones are the original ones?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Argus said:

A most wanted list is not a list of people committing the crimes, rather it is a list of people who are SUSPECTED of committing some serious crime and the police cannot even locate.  97% of convicted criminals in this country comes from whites (73%) and native indians (24%).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bcsapper said:

Which ones are the original ones?

the non-white group who are the first people, original means first, original people would be the first people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, hernanday said:

How inclusive can an event be when an organization armed with guns and given the right to kill anyone who makes them feel threatened is permitted to celebrate at an event infront of the people they have a long history of abusing and mistreating? This was no surprise, Toronto police have a very long history of racial discrimination and unjust murders, you wouldn't let paul bernardo have a float, why any other killer?

Sure, maybe we can take that one step further and determine by race and or gender who commits relatively the most murders in Toronto and ban those people as well, or maybe that is as stupid a thought as i find your assertions to be, police=bernardo, o yea, thats rational.  I dont think we even keep those stats, cuz you know, the numbers would be racist, but you go ahead and provide them if you like. 

I know, this cant be true, just cuz, he made it up right?     https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2015/08/17/a-thorny-history-of-race-based-statistics.html

"Twenty-six years ago, a staff inspector by the name of Julian Fantino — future Toronto police chief — sat in a small committee room and delivered a slew of explosive race-based crime statistics focused on the Jane-Finch neighbourhood. Fantino, then head of 31 Division, told North York’s committee on community, race and ethnic relations that, while blacks made up 6 per cent of the Jane-Finch population, they accounted for 82 per cent of robberies and muggings, 55 per cent of purse-snatchings and 51 per cent of drug offences in the previous year."

Things must be different now.  If not, i still dont think it's a good reason to ban certain groups.

Anyway, it's a Pride parade, not an Israel and cop hating parade, or wasn't supposed to be.  If i was one of them I would refuse to work the parade.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, poochy said:

Sure, maybe we can take that one step further and determine by race and or gender who commits relatively the most murders in Toronto and ban those people as well, or maybe that is as stupid a thought as i find your assertions to be, police=bernardo, o yea, thats rational.  I dont think we even keep those stats, cuz you know, the numbers would be racist, but you go ahead and provide them if you like. 

I know, this cant be true, just cuz, he made it up right?     https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2015/08/17/a-thorny-history-of-race-based-statistics.html

"Twenty-six years ago, a staff inspector by the name of Julian Fantino — future Toronto police chief — sat in a small committee room and delivered a slew of explosive race-based crime statistics focused on the Jane-Finch neighbourhood. Fantino, then head of 31 Division, told North York’s committee on community, race and ethnic relations that, while blacks made up 6 per cent of the Jane-Finch population, they accounted for 82 per cent of robberies and muggings, 55 per cent of purse-snatchings and 51 per cent of drug offences in the previous year."

Things must be different now.  If not, i still dont think it's a good reason to ban certain groups.

Anyway, it's a Pride parade, not an Israel and cop hating parade, or wasn't supposed to be.  If i was one of them I would refuse to work the parade.

 

Those statistics are in no way accurate, there is not a part of Jane and Finch with just 6% original population, and especially not back then.  It still doesn't change the fact that 97% of the crime and convicted criminals in the country come from whites and native indians.  Further no racial statistics were even authorized to have been recorded by tpd and a staff inspector doesn't have that authority.  Most likely Fantino just invented those numbers.  I mean purse snatching, that rarely occurs in Toronto on a whole, definitely not in Jane-Finch.  And the vast majority of drug offenses are done by whites even in Jane Finch because whites are the main  drug users.  However you did convenienly forget the star stats on the police stopping and carding original people disproportionately, so I guess if all Fantino does is stop original people, he can only find original people committing crimes.  I mean if he only stopped white people, he couldn't find a non-white criminal either.

 

Has nothing to do with hating cops, but cops have a huge history of racial and gender based discrimination, they really shouldn't be at the gay parade because they were the ones who persecuted gays traditionally and original people, especially if they were gay it was a double persecution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, hernanday said:

the non-white group who are the first people, original means first, original people would be the first people.

Is that because First Nations was taken?

I'm as original as everyone else.  I just moved further from the Sun.

Edited by bcsapper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...