Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums

Donald Trump should be commended for his Muslim Ban.


H10

Recommended Posts

On 2/23/2017 at 9:33 AM, betsy said:

How come not a single main stream media have mentioned that fact?  Dishonest, lying media!

More facts, or alternate truths, brought to you by Donald Trump and his administration. 

The Washington Post - Democracy Dies in Darkness

Quote

 

Map: The countries that ban arrivals based only on religion

...

But just how unusual is this idea? Well, consider this: If the United States were to go through with this policy, it would probably be the only country in the world to openly ban arrivals based solely on religious beliefs.

Although many countries around the world have severe restrictions on religion, few, if any, have anything comparable to the scope of Trump's plan. North Korea views Christian missionaries with extreme suspicion (sometimes arresting those it accuses of proselytizing), for example, but it doesn't ban all Christians from entry. Many Arab countries and some others such as Iran may refuse entry to those with Israeli passports, but the restriction is based on nationality rather than a blanket ban on people of the Jewish faith.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2015/12/09/map-the-countries-that-ban-arrivals-based-only-on-religion/?utm_term=.ce15cf730502

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, hot enough said:

More facts, or alternate truths, brought to you by Donald Trump and his administration. 

The Washington Post - Democracy Dies in Darkness

 

:rolleyes:

It's not a ban on religion.  If it were a ban on religion, so many other Muslim countries will have to be added to that list.  Even a Muslim official had come out to say that the ban isn't anti-Muslim.

 

Quote

 

UAE say Donald Trump's migration ban is NOT anti-Islamic and point out that the majority of Muslims are still free to travel to the US

  • Donald Trump's ban affects Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen
  • But a top United Arab Emirates official said measure not directed at any religion
  • Foreign minister said it did not apply to 'large majority' of the world's Muslims

 

 

 

 

Edited by betsy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Trump's Muslim ban defended by a UAE government official, from an "absolute monarchy, from another torture country supported by the US. 

Quote

Flogging and stoning are legal punishments in the UAE. The requirement is derived from Sharia law, and has been federal law since 2005.[212] Some domestic workers in the UAE are victims of Sharia judicial punishments such as flogging and stoning.[145] The annual Freedom House report on Freedom in the World has listed the United Arab Emirates as "Not Free" every year since 1999, the first year for which records are available on their website.[90]

UAE has escaped the Arab Spring; however, more than 100 Emirati activists were jailed and tortured because they sought reforms.[69][213][214] Since 2011, the UAE government has increasingly carried out forced disappearances.[215][216][217][218][219][220] Many foreign nationals and Emirati citizens have been arrested and abducted by the state. The UAE government denies these people are being held (to conceal their whereabouts), placing these people outside the protection of the law.[

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Arab_Emirates#Human_rights

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's absurd how the mods of these forums allow such blatant hatred and bigotry to be posted.

Let me join in on the fun; I hate Asians, all of 'em. Because they are slant eyed and because they eat dogs and cats. I wish there was a ban on them.

Wonder how long this will last. 

 

Edited by Mailman
typos
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Mailman said:

It's absurd how the mods of these forums all such blatant hatred and bigotry to be posted.

Let me join in on the fun; I hate Asians, all of 'em. Because they are slant eyed and because they eat dogs and cats. I wish there was a ban on them.

Wonder how long this will last. 

 

Maybe you will be ignored, or maybe someone will argue the point.

With any luck you won't be censored.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, hot enough said:

Trump's Muslim ban defended by a UAE government official, from an "absolute monarchy, from another torture country supported by the US. 

 

Well, it's true.  It isn't a ban on religion.   You don't need a monarchy to explain it.....logic would support that.

 

If it's against a ban on Muslims (Islam religion) - then there'll be more countries on that list.

Edited by betsy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mailman said:

The double-standard on these forums is scary. 

I expect to see "I hate them because they are muslims" and messages of that ilk on extremely conservative (ie. neo-nazi) forums, but here? 

Holy smokes. :S

You put that in quotes.  Could you post that comment?  I would be surprised to see that on here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Mailman said:

Are you kidding? Scroll up just a bit and see what Goh Shah posted 3-4 posts above mine. 

Ah, okay.  I apologise for doubting you, but that is unusual on here.  It's probably just another iteration of MrCanada, who, once detected, is banned.

I can assure you that pretty much all of the time, when a Muslim or group of Muslims is denounced on here, it is thoroughly deserved.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mailman said:

The double-standard on these forums is scary. 

I expect to see "I hate them because they are muslims" and messages of that ilk on extremely conservative (ie. neo-nazi) forums, but here? 

Holy smokes. :S

Or... on a forum dedicated to members of another ethnic group. The most 'prejudiced' people I ever met with regards to Somalis were a Kenyan and an Ethiopian. The Ethiopian was aghast that one was coming to work where we were, and warned me they were all thieves and I should lock up anything valuable. He also demanded to know why Canada was so crazy as to let such people in.

The most disparaging things I hear about ethnic groups/nationalities are from other ethnic groups/nationalities.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Argus said:

Or... on a forum dedicated to members of another ethnic group. The most 'prejudiced' people I ever met with regards to Somalis were a Kenyan and an Ethiopian. The Ethiopian was aghast that one was coming to work where we were, and warned me they were all thieves and I should lock up anything valuable. He also demanded to know why Canada was so crazy as to let such people in.

The most disparaging things I hear about ethnic groups/nationalities are from other ethnic groups/nationalities.

Cool story. I was told by an Arab that all Israelis are thieves and not to be trusted. I was also told by a First Nation aborginial that all white men steal land and rape women.  Any relevance? None. Except when it comes to prejudice itself.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Mailman said:

Cool story. I was told by an Arab that all Israelis are thieves and not to be trusted. I was also told by a First Nation aborginial that all white men steal land and rape women.  Any relevance? None. Except when it comes to prejudice itself.

You are suggesting such things would most likely be found on arch-conserservative web forums. I was pointing out that in fact, most of those who post such material or who say such things openly are themselves immigrants/ethnics who have not learned that saying such things openly is unacceptable, esp since it is not unacceptable within their communities.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Argus said:

Or... on a forum dedicated to members of another ethnic group. The most 'prejudiced' people I ever met with regards to Somalis were a Kenyan and an Ethiopian. The Ethiopian was aghast that one was coming to work where we were, and warned me they were all thieves and I should lock up anything valuable. He also demanded to know why Canada was so crazy as to let such people in.

The most disparaging things I hear about ethnic groups/nationalities are from other ethnic groups/nationalities.

You got that right.  Whan I was at BCIT, it was a constant struggle for a white guy to resist the entreaties of the Chinese who didn't like "P**is" and the South Asians who didn't like "Ch***S".  The thing was, they had absolutely no shame.  They didn't know there was anything wrong with their views.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Mailman said:

Cool story. I was told by an Arab that all Israelis are thieves and not to be trusted. I was also told by a First Nation aborginial that all white men steal land and rape women.  Any relevance? None. Except when it comes to prejudice itself.

So it happens all over the place then, and is not unusual.  At least it's unusual on here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

You got that right.  Whan I was at BCIT, it was a constant struggle for a white guy to resist the entreaties of the Chinese who didn't like "P**is" and the South Asians who didn't like "Ch***S".  The thing was, they had absolutely no shame.  They didn't know there was anything wrong with their views.

Yeah, that has been my experience. Their cultures are far more open about voicing such things esp since the opinions seem to be broadly shared. In my experience Chinese and Koreans think Black people are almost another species. None ever spoke about Arabs but I doubt they think much of them.

Edited by Argus
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Argus said:

Yeah, that has been my experience. Their cultures are far more open about voicing such things esp since the opinions seem to be broadly shared. In my experience Chinese and Koreans think Black people are almost another species. None ever spoke about Arabs but I doubt they think much of them.

Those folks must have been an entertaining bunch. But then again, if you grew up in a household where everyone looks the same, what else is one to expect? :D

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...