Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums
bush_cheney2004

Justin Trudeau the Worst PM Since Pierre Trudeau?

Recommended Posts

The Chinese are right of course, Meng Wangzhou is a snatch operation, tip of the iceberg of a high intensity Information War being conducted up here in the ether, with the PLA relentlessly and ferociously probing the UKUSSA perimeter searching for breaches, and/or trying to bang and breach, of which Zoolander up in Ottawa is only one.

Edited by Dougie93

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Right, it's a threat.  Trump = Tread on others because success only exists at the expense of others.  It's the zero-sum game, folks...

Calm down, first,  there is a subtle yet exceedingly relevant difference between a threat and a warning.

Second, the warning is simply that they are going to freeze you out for biting the hand the feeds you, which is their prerogative, as the hand that feeds you.

Third, these are by nature and for the most part decent honorable people, classically liberal limited government conservative freedom lovers, so these are the good guys.

Fourth, they aren't warning you personally,  just your failed state, stop identifying yourself as being indistinguishable from the state, that's totalitarian, remember?

 

Edited by Dougie93

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only mentioned BUFF's as an example of strategic warning, I wasn't meaning to invoke an Arc Light Strike, Arc Light is tactical, this warning is strategic.

Strategic warning is not a threat per se, and is simply how Hegemons communicate in no uncertain terms that their red line is being approached and you should turn back if you wish to avoid a clash.

That's all the strategic bombers are really kept around for in terms of strategic operations now, to provide for strategic warning, because submarines are covert and unseen and so cannot warn, and ICBM's are binary and cannot fire warning shots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dougie93 said:

The Chinese are right of course, Meng Wangzhou is a snatch operation, tip of the iceberg of a high intensity Information War being conducted up here in the ether, with the PLA relentlessly and ferociously probing the UKUSSA perimeter searching for breaches, and/or trying to bang and breach, of which Zoolander up in Ottawa is only one.

As you try to play this insider’s geopolitical game, I think it’s important to appreciate that Trudeau Sr. and Jr. represent the maximum expressions of political freedom on the continent, which it’s in all of our interests to protect if you like liberal democracy and its freedoms.  Trudeau Sr. was a Harvard educated Jesuit who relaxed divorce laws, decriminalized homosexuality and weed, as well as drew a line in the sand regarding terrorist expressions of protest (FLQ kidnappings and murder).  He effectively maintained order and strengthened the Canadian brand as a freedom loving people.  Yes, his pacifism and coziness with Castro was probably a bit much, but it did show that we could move beyond Cold War fear and rigidity and find a third way, which is a precursor to the Post-Cold War peace we enjoy today.  

Trudeau Jr. has tried to continue and strengthen this humanist progressive approach, but he is dealing with a bitter America seeking to reclaim lost status and a rising China that wants to take Canada and the world within the sphere of a mismanaged totalitarian abyss.  Trudeau is naive to both forces, which are trying to assert authority at cross purposes.  Canada is being pushed to demonstrate loyalty to the US, but at the same time the POTUS has never been so unpopular in Canada. In the war of ideas, both America and China aren’t faring well internationally and need fresh approaches.  Meanwhile progressives are in retreat because of the angry far right and left, who are in a culture war.  

Only centrists can end this war and we don’t have enough of them in power.  In so many ways the public doesn’t care and is focused on improving their lifestyles.  Younger people aren’t as fixated on nation states and old Cold War grievances.  The best and the brightest are impatient with all of this nonsense and will move to successful city regions based on data: ease of doing business, air and water quality, education systems, safety, culture, access to technology, etc. This is the quality of life stuff that really matters because we all want it.  In that regard countries don’t matter because the talent chases these regions.  

I would just caution everyone that if the “liberal snowflakes” with all their rights and freedoms are shut down, we are essentially limiting everyone’s freedoms, whether or not you agree with gay marriage, legalized pot, equity in the workplace, a woman’s right to choose and so forth.  The alternative is more worrisome: showing force to instill fear, limiting free expression, shutting down democracies because a dominant group sees them as a threat to certain values, ending or radically curtailing asylum or immigration, using economic/military pressure to gain unfair advantages against countries, ignoring scientific facts for a political agenda.  This is undemocratic might is right stuff that is more dangerous to civilization than the likes of Trudeau. 

Edited by Zeitgeist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent post, now you are getting the hang of this, although I nodded off somewhere in the third paragraph, Eskimo Communism induced nap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This guy gets it...nice summary of just how badly Team Trudeau has bungled things and is considered to be incapable of navigating such waters.    This is why Canada will be road kill on the Sino-American highway with Trudeau at the helm.

 

Quote

There is another, deeper, concern. For at least two decades, Liberal and Conservative governments have concentrated more and more decision-making in foreign affairs in the Office of the Prime Minister. Global Affairs Canada may no longer have the capacity it once had to manage critical files, and political advisers to Ms. Freeland and Mr. Trudeau may be out of their depth, missing subtle signals and opportunities to reduce tensions between Ottawa and Beijing.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-ottawa-is-on-the-wrong-side-of-chinese-power/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is tru, and moreover, the military chain of command is entirely subordinated to partisan purposes as well, to include I would guess, the Five Eyes components, as I would assume Canada's SIGINT probably focuses entirely on industrial espionage on behalf of entrenched interests like Bombarier and Barrick Gold rather than keeping an eye on Mr.Ivan & Co.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

...Trudeau Jr. has tried to continue and strengthen this humanist progressive approach, but he is dealing with a bitter America seeking to reclaim lost status and a rising China that wants to take Canada and the world within the sphere of a mismanaged totalitarian abyss.  Trudeau is naive to both forces, which are trying to assert authority at cross purposes.  Canada is being pushed to demonstrate loyalty to the US, but at the same time the POTUS has never been so unpopular in Canada. In the war of ideas, both America and China aren’t faring well internationally and need fresh approaches.  Meanwhile progressives are in retreat because of the angry far right and left, who are in a culture war.  

 

 

If Canada cannot/will not choose, then get out of the way.   

The big dogs will have their economic and geopolitical war, and there is nothing Canada can do about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The status which the Hegemon is trying to reclaim, is the status of a Flight to Quality constitutional Hegemon rather than a sad and failing Military Adventurist Hegemon, and that's a good thing, we should help them, because they are the only thing between us and the totalitarian abyss.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

If Canada cannot/will not choose, then get out of the way.   

The big dogs will have their economic and geopolitical war, and there is nothing Canada can do about it.

I don’t see any leaders with the competence to navigate these waters.  Waiting for the visionaries...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Zeitgeist said:

I don’t see any leaders with the competence to navigate these waters.  Waiting for the visionaries...

 

That's why we have wars...negotiation by other means....choose your leader well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

That's why we have wars...negotiation by other means....choose your leader well.

My leader follows your leader, 1688 to 1776 to 1865, so it's all good, cause it's all the same leader, yours just went next level, and the Liberal Party of Canada sabotaged the Charter in 1982, so it's back over to you, Declaration of Independence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

My leader follows your leader, 1688 to 1776 to 1865, so it's all good, cause it's all the same leader, yours just went next level, and the Liberal Party of Canada sabotaged the Charter in 1982, so it's back over to you, Declaration of Independence.

 

Right, and in its most base form, such demands and defaulting to the American barbarians as the backstop, means they will damn well exact a price. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think there needs to be all out political and economic opposition to China, but Canada can’t do it alone.  I’m not sure Trump can do it either. He’s too buried in domestic opposition and wrangling over the border wall.  It may sound radical, but I think it may be our last opportunity.  China has big plans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

Right, and in its most base form, such demands and defaulting to the American barbarians as the backstop, means they will damn well exact a price. 

 

Fine by me, I'm not an economic nationalist, I am invested in the Empire of Liberty, so where America prospers I prosper, and as she exacts prices to my coffer those will ultimately be paid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's like what the softwood lumber companies do, when America exacts duties to be paid to American lumber companies, the big Canadian lumber companies buy American lumber companies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dougie93 said:

Fine by me, I'm not an economic nationalist, I am invested in the Empire of Liberty, so where America prospers I prosper, and as she exacts prices to my coffer those will ultimately be paid.

Canada should continue to thrive in this environment. We’re all close relatives anyway.  The fight isn’t about countries as much as it’s about freedom and democracy. Countries that express these values should be supported.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Fine by me, I'm not an economic nationalist, I am invested in the Empire of Liberty, so where America prospers I prosper, and as she exacts prices to my coffer those will ultimately be paid.

 

But that is the essence of what Trudeau faces from the "bully" to the south, at many different levels.    Pay up or find another gig.    But this team of Bozos has burnt every bridge available to them, including China.    Canada...alone....a very uncomfortable and unnatural place to be.  

When will the Americans play nice again, if ever ?     I bet Trudeau hates this predicament....damn Americans !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So long as you are invested in capital, you will prosper by way of the Empire of Liberty, the only who will suffer are those who are relying on the failed state nanny socialist fake work gulag, as the fake work goes away, not by the hand of the Americans, but by the Darwinian forces of the Information Age.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

So long as you are invested in capital, you will prosper by way of the Empire of Liberty, the only who will suffer are those who are relying on the failed state nanny socialist fake work gulag, as the fake work goes away, not by the hand of the Americans, but by the Darwinian forces of the Information Age.

Canada is thriving in the Information Age, where the smart phone was invented, the public education system is strong, liberal democratic values are upheld, and PornHub is located.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

But that is the essence of what Trudeau faces from the "bully" to the south, at many different levels.    Pay up or find another gig.    But this team of Bozos has burnt every bridge available to them, including China.    Canada...alone....a very uncomfortable and unnatural place to be.  

When will the Americans play nice again, if ever ?     I bet Trudeau hates this predicament....damn Americans !

Thankfully, the Flight to Quality is not subject to the Canadian Bolsheviks, obviously if Ivan in all his glory could not hold an Iron Curtain, the dingbats in downtown Toronto are of no significance to the markets whatsoever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Zeitgeist said:

Canada is thriving in the Information Age, where the smart phone was invented, the public education system is strong, liberal democratic values are upheld, and PornHub is located.  

Information workers in the Information Age markets are thriving everywhere, it's only the industrial workers who are suffering, which, I can't save them from themselves,  they have the right to association, so they make their choices and takes their chances, if they are going to cling to the thugs at Unifor, then they're gonna get burned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...