Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums
Alex Cheng

Political indoctrination in public schools?

Recommended Posts

Hi I go to University of Calgary and one day entire university is filled with cards saying education is corrupt and to go to www.albertacorruption.com... So I go on website for fun, and it looks like joke, but then I read a little bit and see it's not joke. The information is correct, I even check with high school teacher to be sure. How is it ok that government propaganda is taught in school? This is not education how education is supposed to be...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alex Cheng said:

Hi I go to University of Calgary and one day entire university is filled with cards saying education is corrupt and to go to www.albertacorruption.com... So I go on website for fun, and it looks like joke, but then I read a little bit and see it's not joke. The information is correct, I even check with high school teacher to be sure. How is it ok that government propaganda is taught in school? This is not education how education is supposed to be...

In my day going to school meant learning how to read, write, and do arithmetic, learn about the history of Canada, and geography. Today, it seems to be more about teaching children all about the environment, gay/transgender rights, multiculturalism, sex education, and the joys diversity. They are taught that Canadian traditions and cultures are not all that important anymore but the cultures, traditions and heritage of others is. The education of today is a joke.

As an example the Ontario liberal party has decided that there should not be any reference to calling people a mom or dad but just be called partners. I guess the reason for that is that gay couples won't be introduced as dad and dad or mom and mom anymore, and there by hide the fact that some kids may have two partners of the same sex. The poor kids of today are being so brainwashed with liberal brainless propaganda bull like what I mentioned above that it is a wonder that more parents don't take their children out of public schools. They are institutions for liberalism foolishness. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Public schools should be teaching facts and skills. 

The problem is that no one agrees on what facts are anymore. Remember we live in the era of alternative facts. And while that term was coined recently (and in reference to the number of people present at Trump's inauguration), it's been a thing for a long time now, on all sides of the political spectrum. Liberals believe in liberal facts and conservatives believe in conservative facts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, taxme said:

 it is a wonder that more parents don't take their children out of public schools. They are institutions for liberalism foolishness. 

Many parents don't have this option. Most can't afford private school, and homeschooling is tough when both parents are at work. But I do agree with you that the system is a complete joke.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Alex Cheng said:

Hi I go to University of Calgary and one day entire university is filled with cards saying education is corrupt and to go to www.albertacorruption.com... So I go on website for fun, and it looks like joke, but then I read a little bit and see it's not joke. The information is correct, I even check with high school teacher to be sure. How is it ok that government propaganda is taught in school? This is not education how education is supposed to be...

If you go to university, Alex, you shouldn't be taken in by such juvenile blather. Not to mention the nutty website name. 

Quote

"Spiritual by any standard dictionary definition is definitely related to supernatural and religious elements. What I suspect is this is a part of multicultural indoctrination."

The first sentence is false. The standard definition of "spirit" is, 1:  an animating or vital principle held to give life to physical organisms [M-W] 

The standard definition of "spiritual" is, 

1:  of, relating to, consisting of, or affecting the spirit [M-W]

But it doesn't matter whether the definition is first or last, the intent is a person's sense of worth, a person's feelings, a person's inner sense of being and while it can have a religious connotation, it most often does not. Animals too, have a sense of spirit and it varies. This most assuredly has nothing to do with religion because, quite frankly, animals are not as stupid as humans.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, taxme said:

The poor kids of today are being so brainwashed with liberal brainless propaganda bull like what I mentioned above that it is a wonder that more parents don't take their children out of public schools. They are institutions for liberalism foolishness. 

Yep...there's days when I wish I'd been put thru something more like a Klingon military prep school.  If that foolishness had been beaten out of me at a younger age I'd probably own a dozen sweatshops in Cambodia and be looking at expanding into Burma.

As it was I got sent to a free school at Rochdale where we had Buddhist monks for teachers and Hell's Angles for hall monitors.  The Hells' Angles were sorta like Klingons I guess but not.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, taxme said:

Today, it seems to be more about teaching children all about the environment, gay/transgender rights, multiculturalism, sex education, and the joys diversity. They are taught that Canadian traditions and cultures are not all that important anymore but the cultures, traditions and heritage of others is. The education of today is a joke.

Quite the opposite. The education you received was a joke. It was all a long series of fabrications. In English, definitely Canadian history - forgetting to mention a genocide isn't a little deal. The Canadian traditions and cultures couldn't have been very important because they were white race centric lies. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Public schools should be teaching facts and skills. 

Way, way more important - schools should teach how to think. Teaching facts only perpetuates the falsehoods, moving them along from generation to generation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hot enough said:

Way, way more important - schools should teach how to think. Teaching facts only perpetuates the falsehoods, moving them along from generation to generation. 

That's a skill, I already mentioned that.  Critical thinking is a skill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, hot enough said:

Way, way more important - schools should teach how to think. Teaching facts only perpetuates the falsehoods, moving them along from generation to generation. 

Teaching facts can't perpetuate falsehoods, surely?  Wouldn't that take teaching falsehoods?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Teaching facts can't perpetuate falsehoods, surely?  Wouldn't that take teaching falsehoods?

There are plenty of 'facts' presented to us daily, some of them directly contradicting others.  Better to be able to think so one can identify actual facts vs alternative facts.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dialamah said:

There are plenty of 'facts' presented to us daily, some of them directly contradicting others.  Better to be able to think so one can identify actual facts vs alternative facts.  

They wouldn't all be facts then, would they?  Unless they are of the form, that's hot - that's big - that's heavy - that's green - that's round - that's, well, you know.

3 minutes ago, hot enough said:

It's obviously lost on you. 

Your facts are, in many cases.  I tried, but I couldn't find any truth in them. 

Actually, to say I tried isn't really a fact.  I figure if we're talking about facts, I ought not to use a falsehood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Your facts are, in many cases.  I tried, but I couldn't find any truth in them. 

Actually, to say I tried isn't really a fact.

You have never tried, because you never can understand well enough to do anything but snipe. For you to actually engage in any meaningful conversation would be impossible, from what you have shown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hot enough said:

You have never tried, because you never can understand well enough to do anything but snipe. For you to actually engage in any meaningful conversation would be impossible, from what you have shown.

Not impossible. Just not, generally, something I'm interested in.  I like short posts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bcsapper said:

They wouldn't all be facts then, would they?

They are to somebody.    I think critical thinking skills should be taught from kindergarten and remedial classes imposed on adults who demonstrate an inability to think critically ... People who continue to believe Trump knows what he's doing, for instance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Not impossible. Just not, generally, something I'm interested in.  I like short posts.

If you are not interested then why on earth would you snipe. If you don't have the mental capacity needed, sit quietly on the sidelines and think. After a few days you likely could put together a thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dialamah said:

They are to somebody.    I think critical thinking skills should be taught from kindergarten and remedial classes imposed on adults who demonstrate an inability to think critically ... People who continue to believe Trump knows what he's doing, for instance.

Well, I agree.  Of course critical thinking skills should be taught.  I really don't know anyone who actually thinks Trump knows what he is doing.  Especially after today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hot enough said:

If you are not interested then why on earth would you snipe. If you don't have the mental capacity needed, sit quietly on the sidelines and think. After a few days you likely could put together a thought.

I don't snipe.  I disagree.  I try to do so with a little creativity sometimes, it's true, but it's no more or less than people deserve.  Isn't your quote there a snipe?  I'm not hurt!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

I don't snipe.  I disagree.  I try to do so with a little creativity sometimes, it's true, but it's no more or less than people deserve.  Isn't your quote there a snipe?  I'm not hurt!

No, my quote was an accurate representation of your conduct. Disagreement entails discussion. You only snipe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bonam said:

The problem is that no one agrees on what facts are anymore. Remember we live in the era of alternative facts. And while that term was coined recently (and in reference to the number of people present at Trump's inauguration), it's been a thing for a long time now, on all sides of the political spectrum. Liberals believe in liberal facts and conservatives believe in conservative facts. 

It's even more complicated than that, imo. Alternative facts can also be "true" when taken in a certain context, especially within the realm of politics. Mainstream facts can be lies, when they are presented as half-truths. It's not so much a problem with the information itself as what it means.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, hot enough said:

No, my quote was an accurate representation of your conduct. Disagreement entails discussion. You only snipe. 

No it wasn't. You just don't like that I don't take your conspiracy theories seriously. If you can categorize my responses as sniping you don't have to worry about the fact they are the responses you deserve.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...