Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums
Argus

A different kind of troll

Recommended Posts

The intent of those inflammatory posts is to generate discord. I would not be surprised if that poster has previous accounts here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Argus said:

Can we all agree that people who come out of nowhere identifying themselves as ethnic and making outrageously racist and stupid postings in big, bright blue letters are trolls and should be deleted?

I agree with this absolutely.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

I don't.  It adds a little levity.

Yes, well, you are British, and we all know they're weird.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Argus said:

Can we all agree that people who come out of nowhere identifying themselves as ethnic and making outrageously racist and stupid postings in big, bright blue letters are trolls and should be deleted?

How do we identify trolling Muslims as opposed to non trolling muslims?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, drummindiver said:

How do we identify trolling Muslims as opposed to non trolling muslims?

When the whole post is in a large blue font  :rolleyes: and he believes it's okay to beat your wife   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, scribblet said:

When the whole post is in a large blue font  :rolleyes: and he believes it's okay to beat your wife   

Ya, there's some points of view that are just too stupid to address.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Goddess said:

Ya, there's some points of view that are just too stupid to address.

I'm thinking of risking a warning point, or worse and giving him a graphic of a finger - or worse   :)-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, scribblet said:

I'm thinking of risking a warning point, or worse and giving him a graphic of a finger - or worse   :)-

Coolio.  I'll make popcorn. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Argus said:

You realize he's gone, right?

No.

Of his own volition?

If not, why?. There has been far more lunacy allowed to go on before.

Edited by drummindiver
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just looked at his profile, it says suspended...  maybe he'll be back...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Charles Anthony said:

There seems to be a misunderstanding. I am not asking anybody to help identify anything different.  I am asking:  "What do you want us to do?" after an identification is accepted.   So far, the only positive response is made in jest.

That's a very difficult question to answer, as well you know. What do I want you to do? Just keep doing what you're doing.

Quote

Be that as it may, I am also telling folks to refrain from using these forums to act out childish vendettas.

Understood boss. Find ways to get the point across without the childish part.

Edited by OftenWrong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scribblet said:

Just looked at his profile, it says suspended...  maybe he'll be back...

See now my view last night when I was reading that stuff was, assuming the person was real, here is someone from India or whatever and he wants to speak out. He should be allowed to say what he has been feeling. That way we can all hear it. Besides, it could be useful to have some Muslims on here to give their voice. Real Muslims, not a pretender who might be from another board, which the name shall not be revealed, who came here to flame us because he is banned and cannot log in anymore, because he tried to delete all his posts.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, scribblet said:

Just looked at his profile, it says suspended...  maybe he'll be back...

One former member's profile says suspended....but he said he got banned.

Edited by betsy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

See now my view last night when I was reading that stuff was, assuming the person was real, here is someone from India or whatever and he wants to speak out. He should be allowed to say what he has been feeling. That way we can all hear it. Besides, it could be useful to have some Muslims on here to give their voice. Real Muslims, not a pretender who might be from another board, which the name shall not be revealed, who came here to flame us because he is banned and cannot log in anymore, because he tried to delete all his posts.

My thoughts too, sock puppets from another board causing trouble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2017 at 1:13 PM, bcsapper said:

I don't.  It adds a little levity.

Some thing BC_2004 brings levity too.

 

19 hours ago, scribblet said:

Just looked at his profile, it says suspended...  maybe he'll be back...

Suspensions happen often, never have I seen a ban yet. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, drummindiver said:

No.

Of his own volition?

If not, why?. There has been far more lunacy allowed to go on before.

His lunacy was fairly obvious trolling, vs the lunacy of several others who, for all we know, are serious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Isn't it nice that said BIG BLUE can log in, in spite of being suspended. That allows BIG BlUE to navigate the forum and prepare contributions for whence the suspension is lifted and he/she can add comments or start threads. Maybe I'm wrong, we'll see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-09-13 at 1:26 PM, GostHacked said:

Suspensions happen often, never have I seen a ban yet.

This is mostly a case of semantics - the word "ban" used to be used within the board software, but now it's "suspend indefinitely".

Which obviously means that same thing as banning, it just displays differently on the front end.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Greg said:

This is mostly a case of semantics - the word "ban" used to be used within the board software, but now it's "suspend indefinitely".

Which obviously means that same thing as banning, it just displays differently on the front end.

Thanks

Well considering I am anti-semantic  ..  :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, GostHacked said:

Fuck yeah,  call out a poster, get a warning point.  THANKS CHARLES!!!  Idiots.

I did PM to ask a question, and didn't hear back so I'll ask here:

If a poster has a history of making exaggerated claims, can one not bring that up respectfully ?  I pointed out that a poster has claimed in the past that Ontario tried to implement Sharia law and was admonished for doing so.  Can we not respond to false claims in this way ?  Asking for myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...