Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums
Topaz

North korea

Recommended Posts

The US is at least partially to blame for creating instability in the area.

Realistically, conventional weaponry pales in comparison to radioactivity.  Two grams of polonium, a few pounds of cobalt and nickel mixed in a mash could easily cause a US city evacuation.  Kim most definitely has enough nuclear waste now to screw over every single city in the USA without even detonating an actual nuke.

The US has had several decades to try and apologize, it may be too late now.

The bigger question to me is:  Will North Korea attempt just eye for eye retribution, or will they attempt a real invasion on US soil?

 

Edited by ZenOps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ZenOps said:

...The bigger question to me is:  Will North Korea attempt just eye for eye retribution, or will they attempt a real invasion on US soil?

 

 

Much easier to bomb/invade Canada, which also fought against North Korea in the Korean War.

Don't beg Trump or the USA to do anything about the incoming warheads.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On a slightly different note:  the ICBM that North Korea launched yesterday (July 4 2017) went almost straight up.  If they were launching it conventionally, it would have hit Alaska pretty easily.

Kim Jong might go for the ultimate bargaining chip, an orbital nuke.  An orbital nuke that passes over the USA, Britain, Australia, Antarctica,  basically everyone on the planet every 7 to 14 minutes or so for at least a couple years (like a LEO satellite)  Afterall, if they actually drop one in an arc over Hawaii, it might elevate a first strike attempt.

They could set it so that any tampering would cause it to detonate on impact (so, wherever it randomly landed - North Korea would easily be able to blame the US) and only North Korea would have a "don't explode" code.

China has had some small success taking down an orbital satellite, but its far from perfected, especially a fast moving LEO satellite.

Edited by ZenOps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ZenOps said:

On a slightly different note:  the ICBM that North Korea launched yesterday (July 4 2017) went almost straight up.  If they were launching it conventionally, it would have hit Alaska pretty easily.

 

That's not how ICBMs work or the intended goal.   An ICBM uses the launch and boost phase to impart a ballistic trajectory for its warhead or multiple warhead bus.   North Korea has not yet demonstrated this level of warhead targeting and altimeter/radar fuzing. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wherever they are on the timeline, it does look like its going to be Trumps watch for when North Korea has the ability to nuke Los Angeles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

We're back where we started at the dawn of the Cold War. 

Except, the Korean war never ended and the US never even hinted at peace.  Exactly whos fault that is will be up to the survivors at this rate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/5/2017 at 2:17 PM, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

Much easier to bomb/invade Canada, which also fought against North Korea in the Korean War.

Don't beg Trump or the USA to do anything about the incoming warheads.

My but we have some odd thoughts about NK and the USA.  I guess one could say the US is to blame under Clinton, since he sent that peanut farmer to offer millions to NK if they promised to not take that same money and buy nuclear technology with it.  So Trump has to clean that up, and he might as well clean Iran's clock as well as they're trying mightily to ride that nuclear dragon.  If Iran gets the nukes that were gifted by Obama, I wonder if the MSM will even notice.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, sharkman said:

My but we have some odd thoughts about NK and the USA.  I guess one could say the US is to blame under Clinton, since he sent that peanut farmer to offer millions to NK if they promised to not take that same money and buy nuclear technology with it.  So Trump has to clean that up, and he might as well clean Iran's clock as well as they're trying mightily to ride that nuclear dragon.  If Iran gets the nukes that were gifted by Obama, I wonder if the MSM will even notice.

 

I suspect that Iran already has a working device gifted to it from some source. It would explain why we treat the terrorist enabling mullahs with anything less than total contempt. Instead, we kiss their hairy butts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

 

I suspect that Iran already has a working device gifted to it from some source. It would explain why we treat the terrorist enabling mullahs with anything less than total contempt. Instead, we kiss their hairy butts.

Quite right, the US has their tongue right up the Saudi Arabia bum. Maybe they like the taste of Saudi bum in the mornings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, GostHacked said:

Quite right, the US has their tongue right up the Saudi Arabia bum. Maybe they like the taste of Saudi bum in the mornings.

You are what you eat.

And we're no better than our lowest allies.

Edited by eyeball
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/9/2017 at 4:17 PM, eyeball said:

You are what you eat.

And we're no better than our lowest allies.

And we got some low ones, but it's better to complain about the tyrants we don't support.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

USA contemplating pre-emptively nuking North Korea without a pre-cursor act of aggression.  I can imagine that the US is also contemplating nuking Iran and possibly even Ukraine just so it doesn't look like they are only targeting Asians.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Why is North Korea just Trump's problem ?   What does Justin Trudeau get paid for besides nipple selfies ?

What does Trump get paid for besides playing golf, and oh yeah, pissing off the Chinese?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Interesting observation for the Dear Leaders of Canada and the DPRK:

 

45b7b88f109cd1f9e7c92587913270c5--cognit

When's Trump planning to follow up on his idea of inviting Fat Kim to the WH for dinner?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Omni said:

When's Trump planning to follow up on his idea of inviting Fat Kim to the WH for dinner?

 

Bad timing right now...Washington D.C. has been invaded by Canadian government officials trying to influence U.S. politicians on NAFTA.   The Canadians are far more worried about trade with the world's largest economy than North Korean nukes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

Bad timing right now...Washington D.C. has been invaded by Canadian government officials trying to influence U.S. politicians on NAFTA.   The Canadians are far more worried about trade with the world's largest economy than North Korean nukes.

Actually we're not worried at all about trade talks. The 38 states who have Canada as their #1 customer will be the first to simply ignore Trump and carry on with their existing trade. But since our west coast is also as close to NK, we thought that dinner idea might be a way of calming things. Maybe Rodman could go for another visit and hand deliver an RSVP invite from the Donald. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Omni said:

Actually we're not worried at all about trade talks. The 38 states who have Canada as their #1 customer will be the first to simply ignore Trump and carry on with their existing trade. But since our west coast is also as close to NK, we thought that dinner idea might be a way of calming things. Maybe Rodman could go for another visit and hand deliver an RSVP invite from the Donald. 

 

The 38 states #1 customer are other U.S. states, not Canada.   Canada is only an export market.

Agreed....impotent Canada and Trudeau have less influence on the DPRK than Dennis Rodman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

The 38 states #1 customer are other U.S. states, not Canada.   Canada is only an export market.

Agreed....impotent Canada and Trudeau have less influence on the DPRK than Dennis Rodman.

#1 export market times 38. I thought you would have been able to figure that out. How much influence has your emissary Rodman produced so far? You understand he is a joke, Right? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Omni said:

#1 export market times 38. I thought you would have been able to figure that out. How much influence has your emissary Rodman produced so far? You understand he is a joke, Right? 

 

That's makes Trudeau even more of a joke.   He can't even get Canadian nationals released.

The U.S. can negotiate trade agreements and work with Asian allies on North Korea...Canada can't.

 

This is how much more dependent Canadian provinces are on the U.S. export market than are the "38 states":

 

po-trade2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hal 9000 said:

Dude, we're gonna get screwed on the new/next trade deal.

Oh I doubt that very much. There may be some tweaks here and there, but nada mas. Trump's huffing's and puffing's are simply his schtick. Sensible people will take care of the business. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...