Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
blackbird

In B.C. the coalition between NDP and Green Party is bad news.

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

What would your immigration policy be?

The same as it is now. I think it's unconscionable that we allow money to migrate wherever it wants but not people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

What, eat it?

No, tell Alberta what it can and can't do with our oil.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, eyeball said:

The same as it is now. I think it's unconscionable that we allow money to migrate wherever it wants but not people.

Good, I was considering bringing my massive Alberta pension to the Campbell River area eventually. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The_Squid said:

Alberta has always had selfish ideals at its core with respect to other provinces...   witness giving one-way bus tickets to homeless people to come to BC...   the fevered opposition to a National Energy Program...   while at the same time claiming other provinces can't get in the way of the "national interest"...   hypocrites.

The National Energy Program was an attempt by the Federal government and central Canada to grab Alberta's oil.  Natural resources belong to the province according to the Constitution. It was a disaster for Alberta.   Google it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, blackbird said:

The National Energy Program was an attempt by the Federal government and central Canada to grab Alberta's oil.  Natural resources belong to the province according to the Constitution. It was a disaster for Alberta.   Google it.

It's Canada's oil.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The_Squid said:

It's Canada's oil.   

And Canada has decided the pipeline will go through.  Why should BC have a say?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

And Canada has decided the pipeline will go through.  Why should BC have a say?

Where did I say they should?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The_Squid said:

Where did I say they should?

Sorry, it was general comment, following on the point you made.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The_Squid said:

It's Canada's oil.   

Quote The 1982 amendments to the Constitution Act, 1867 explicitly recognized provinces’ and territories’ constitutional rights to manage their own non-renewable natural resources, forestry resources, and electrical energy. This includes the power to levy mining taxes and royalties.

Section 92A stipulates that each province’s legislature can enact laws related to:

  • exploring non-renewable resources, and
  • developing, conserving and managing non-renewable and forestry resources.

As well, provincial legislatures can make laws relating to raising money by any mode or system of taxation with respect to non-renewable natural resources as long as such laws do not result in differential taxation between primary production processed within the province and primary production exported to another part of Canada. Unquote

https://www.nrcan.gc.ca/mining-materials/taxation/8882

Edited by blackbird

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The_Squid said:

It's Canada's oil.  

Wrong.  It's our oil.  It belongs to Albertan's...not you welfare types.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Wilber said:

The lower mainland already gets much of its gas from Washington State

And in the quick turn of a valve, Alberta could triple to price in Vancouver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, The_Squid said:

Alberta has always had selfish ideals

By paying for equalization?  THAT kind of selfish?  Screw the RoC...no pipelines - no money.  Go put that in your hat and smoke it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, blackbird said:

It would be considered a terrorist act

No.  It would be considered a Constitutional act.  You want the Constitution?  Here - fill your boots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, dialamah said:

Would that be true if there were suddenly no oil?  

PLEASE....try it and find out.  I double dare you.

Let's see if west coasters are as committed to the "green agenda" as they like to beak off about.  Have fun riding your bicycle to get groceries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2017‎-‎06‎-‎02 at 0:10 AM, blackbird said:

In the recent election in B.C., the Liberals got 43 seats, the NDP 41, and the Greens 3 seats.  The NDP and Greens formed a kind of coalition although they stress it is not a coalition.  This is not what the voters who voted for NDP or Green parties voted for.  Their agenda is bad news for B.C.  They plan to stop the Trans Mountain Pipeline project.  This will be very bad for Canada and could have serious ramifications for national unity.  Alberta is quite choked up by the harsh words the Green Party leader Andrew Weaver said against the Alberta oil industry, shipping oil, and against Premier Notley.  This was the first major gaff by the Green Party leader.  Now we have a situation where the Premier of Alberta and the PM have their backs up.

Also, there is a situation where the NDP/Green coalition could be required to supply one member as the speaker in the legislature.  This presents a major problem because the LIberals have 43 seats, the NDP 41 and Greens 3.  The total number of MLAs is 87.  This means if the NDP supply the Speaker, the NDP/Green coalition will have only 43 members, which is the same as the Liberals.  This could create a very unstable legislature.  The Liberals are unlikely to provide the Speaker because that would reduce them to 42 members.  This means if no party provides an MLA to be the Speaker, the lieutenant governor could be forced to dissolve the legislature and call and election.  The parties will have some very hard decisions to make within weeks.

I am ready for another election. All the Greens believe in and would like to do is send us all back to the 18th century. We can't allow that to happen. The Green Party in my opinion are nothing more than a bunch of environ"mental" wackos.:D

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, taxme said:

I am ready for another election. All the Greens believe in and would like to do is send us all back to the 18th century. We can't allow that to happen. The Green Party in my opinion are nothing more than a bunch of environ"mental" wackos.:D

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It seems science isn't your strong suit. Would you prefer to have a field of solar panels next to you providing power for your house, or suck coal smoke up your nose?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Omni said:

It seems science isn't your strong suit. Would you prefer to have a field of solar panels next to you providing power for your house, or suck coal smoke up your nose?

It would appear as though common sense and logic is not your strong suit, but emotionalism and foolish talk is..Oh please. Coal smoke is not that near too anybody's house here in Canada. Environmentalist liberal nonsense talk. The Green Party environmentalists would like nothing more than to de-industrailize Canada, and put millions out of work just to save the earths temperature from going up a few degrees in the next hundred years. Give me a break, greenie.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hydraboss said:

PLEASE....try it and find out.  I double dare you.

Let's see if west coasters are as committed to the "green agenda" as they like to beak off about.  Have fun riding your bicycle to get groceries.

Please don't lump everyone in B.C. in with the "green agenda" or environmental radicals.  I think at least half the people in B.C. support the KM pipeline.  We're not all enviro "mental" types.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, taxme said:

It would appear as though common sense and logic is not your strong suit, but emotionalism and foolish talk is..Oh please. Coal smoke is not that near too anybody's house here in Canada. Environmentalist liberal nonsense talk. The Green Party environmentalists would like nothing more than to de-industrailize Canada, and put millions out of work just to save the earths temperature from going up a few degrees in the next hundred years. Give me a break, greenie.  

Coal smoke doesn't have to be beside your house to get into the air you breathe, and  to circle the earth. You must have really missed science class! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2017 at 0:41 PM, blackbird said:

The National Energy Program was an attempt by the Federal government and central Canada to grab Alberta's oil.  Natural resources belong to the province according to the Constitution. It was a disaster for Alberta.   Google it.

Liberals don't google anything that will set their politically correct liberal beliefs on fire. Truth and reality scares the hell out of them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Omni said:

Coal smoke doesn't have to be beside your house to get into the air you breathe, and  to circle the earth. You must have really missed science class! 

Yup, went outdoors and took a nice deep breath and enjoyed some of that coal smoke floating around out there. Most science classes mostly teach liberal bull. Alternative media is my science class that I enjoy and like to attend. And the only thing that I am missing is liberal brainwashing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, taxme said:

Yup, went outdoors and took a nice deep breath and enjoyed some of that coal smoke floating around out there. Most science classes mostly teach liberal bull. Alternative media is my science class that I enjoy and like to attend. And the only thing that I am missing is liberal brainwashing. 

Perhaps you need to move a little further than just your door step. The world's a big place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, taxme said:

Yup, went outdoors and took a nice deep breath and enjoyed some of that coal smoke floating around out there. Most science classes mostly teach liberal bull. Alternative media is my science class that I enjoy and like to attend. And the only thing that I am missing is liberal brainwashing. 

You're probably so full of mercury we could use you as a thermometer...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...